Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accutane for Seb Derm

Default Accutane for Seb Derm

How long should one be on low dose accutane if they have Seb Derm?

I'm on 10mg every other day for the last 8 months. Just wondering when to stop? or if anyone else has tried this method?

thanks!

From what I've read, you can be on that dosage for years if need be (assuming your not experiencing side effects).

Has the 10mg worked? Have you noticed any reduction in symptoms (ie redness/flaking/etc)?

I tried the same dosage (10mg every other day) for about 3 weeks for seb derm and it made it worse than ever. I'm tempted to try again though as 3 weeks was probably not long enough?

Please let me know how this regimine has worked, and how long (if at all) it took to start working.

Default Seb derm and accutane.

I've been on 10mg accutane since June 2005, still works!!! I am interested in this topic, as I will be on long term, I guess...
    On 10mg isotretinoin every day for persistent and resistant rosacea plus acne. Hoping and praying that this regime can continue until clear - and maintained.

Accutane made my seb derm 100 times worse and has caused my hair to start thinning. I was only on it for 6 months.

Please stay away from that crap.

There are many other ways to control your sebderm / rosacea.

The reduction in sebum is so nice, no acne as well. I cleared up most of my redness and breakouts from seb derm by drinking the lemon juice & water, like I've talked about on here a few times. It makes my seb derm feel so much better on the accutane, and this dose is perfect, 10 mg every other day.

Most who have seb derm and rosacea can benefit from the low does accutane. It is not crap, it works, and works well for most.

Low dose Accutane has been fantastic for me.

Munch-

What dosage were you on?

I was recently on a French forum and noticed 5mg per day seemed to be the norm prescribed for SD...though some felt it actually made them worse and some cleared 100%. I'm perplexed.

cmburn

I'm sorry, i'm new and i don't know what sub derm is.. but i've been on 10 mg of accutane every day and it's the ONLY thing that has given me almost clear skin with Rosacea. It's been a life-saver for me. And i haven't even finished my first month yet.. i noticed a huge improvement after 5 days!

I was on 10mg / day then switched to 10 mg/every other day and it still caused me grief.

Oh and it has also thinned my hair.

If you search for accutane and hair loss you'll be quite surprised. It may help you in the short term but beware of what else it is doing.

This user has been banned from this forum

Did the low dose accutane reduce pores on nose, cheecks and forehead and to what degree?