Thread: first V-beam

Default first V-beam

Hi,

I joined this group (last week after reading for a few months) more or less with the purpose to report on my first V-beam which I had in the meanwhile this morning. A bit surprisingly there isn't much to report on. It wasn't particular painful (still isn't) and the treatment itself was over in say two or three minutes (I only had my nose done). The treated spots are however very very very purple-bleu , definite bruising settings as they warned me (I don't know the exact pulse and intensity-sorry). There may also be some swelling but nothing dramatic. I had it done at a university clinic. I had an interesting chat with the doc before and after the treatment (say half an hour) on rosacea, triggers etcetera and it ended with she prescribing Inderal - something definitely on my list of things to try. I keep posting if something interesting happens while recovering.

Best regards.

I never updated this. Had burns for two full weeks after the beam and full recovery took up to 4 weeks but now (6 weeks after) I'am satisfied with the results - almost all visible little veins have disappaired and flushing (of the nose) is reduced. It's clear though that the disease is not stopped so hopefully in the not so near future I'll have to have this done again. Total cost was only 125 Euro's.

Hi Patrick:

Thank you for sharing your experience here on the forum. I'm really happy for you that your treatment turned out well. I just responded to Melissa in a similar discussion on VBeam so I won't go into my personal details here, but suffice to say that I am finding the recovery phase to be much more substantial and difficult than I was ever led to believe prior to having this treatment. There's really nothing I can do to hide the severe facial swelling I'm having and the discomfort, so am having to "put my life on hold" for awhile, which is not at all what I was expecting.