Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Recruit

Default A New Recruit

Hey all,

I just had my first RLT session using the 'Acne Lamp'. It was set to me by a very good friend who thought it might help increase my tolerance to triggers. With a bit of luck, I'll see some results by the new year... which would be a fantastic post Christmas present!

Anyway, like I said, just finished my first 15 minute session. I am still alive and well. Skin is calm and looks fine. Im not feeling any heat or anything.

Will keep you posted on how I get on. Unless ofcourse I spontaneously combust later tonight or something similar

BB

Good luck, I hope you have as good results as I have had!

Yay! Three cheers for the Bear!

With regular usage and patience the rewards will come, slowly but surely.

I wish you the very best success with this!!

Tickled Purple

Happiness is a choice.

BB you're on for almost a full week now, have you used it daily??

Thanks all!

Dukecity,

Yep, Iv been doing this for about a week now. Ummm, I forget the day I started, lol.

All good so far. Iv had a good week rosacea wise, especially considering the cold outside. But it is too early to report any results yet. My skin has its natural ups and downs anyway. I will have to see something indisputable before I report back with positive or negative results, as my skin has a way of getting better and worse periodically.

But no side effects as yet. The treatments are quite comfortable. I just lie back and chill out for 15 mins, then its done!

BB

That's the way, man. It'll probably take 4-8 weeks before you start seeing defined, "reproducible" results. Keep us posted, G. 8)
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Still going fine!

My rosacea is doing very well these past few weeks. I still dont think I can attribute this to the RLT beyond doubt, but I can say that I have seen nothing but good since I started it a 2 - 3 weeks ago

BB

Hey BB - Which "Acnelamp" are you using? one head all red - 2 head mixed ect.?? - If it's the one head, does it cover your entire face at one sitting?

Hey Dukecity,

The one I have has two heads, both red (cough, cough ).

You know what though, the lamp is as safe as you like, but the goggles are lethal! I have to use a cloth inbetween the goggles and my eyes to prevent my eyes from being discected!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bear
    Hey Dukecity,

The one I have has two heads, both red (cough, cough ).

You know what though, the lamp is as safe as you like, but the goggles are lethal! I have to use a cloth inbetween the goggles and my eyes to prevent my eyes from being discected!

BB
    If you just have a double-headed, normal power Acnelamp (not a Turbo), simple opaque tanning goggles, or those goggles they package with the semi-opaque bits should be fine. Really, the most annoying part is the nose piece. :x
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.