Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RLT Experiment Log

Default RLT Experiment Log

My acnelamp arrived a few days ago. Very well built. Thanks to everyone for helping me pick the right one.

I setup a blog to record my daily progress, for anyone interested. I'm only treating one side of the face in order to be as objective as possible.

How will you secure the other half of your face from light? It's not like a topical. I suppose you could use tape or somehow fabricate a shield.

Happiness is a choice.

I'm using the lamp while lying down with the lamp level to the right side of my face. The left side is in shadow, save maybe a insignificant amount of diffuse light bouncing of the walls etc.

nullbit,

what kind of lamp are you using? just red or red+infared? are you using goggles?

thanks

I'm using this lamp. All red.

I was using goggles, but they're really uncomfortable. I've started using sunglasses padded inside with cotton wool. This solution doesn't block out 100% of the light but I think it brings down the lumens enough to prevent damage. I'm still looking for something comfortable that blocks out 100% of the light to be on the safe side.

Ohh this is a great idea and may really be a big help to others. I'll be following the blog most definately. I am doing better and better and better as time goes on. I've been using red and near infrared combo for 8 1/2 weeks now. My skin is pale most of the time and people who normally don't notice these things have made comments on how good it looks. My husband actually asked if he could use the lamp this morning (since it helps the skin in general..wrinkles, acne, etc). Must have made an impression.

Can you possibly include a weekly photo of your progress?

Artist

Nice to hear your doing well, Artist.

Photos are not going to happen I'm afraid. I'm far too self conscious at the moment to post non-flattering close ups.

Artist,

Could I also ask you how the light affected your skin's hydration (presuming it was dry to begin with)?

I know twinkle purple and a few others mentioned it hydrated, I'm just wandering how universal this is.

nullbit: I totally understand about the pictures. You might consider only using close-ups of your rosacea area, but again it's totally up to you.

My rosacea areas get dry easily. I think the RLT has improved things overall, making it even easier to control the dryness along with other symptoms. I never had skin that was rough or thick or hard feeling, so I don't know if it would help in this area. Peter commented that his skin was rough before RLT I think, and the RLT softened it, making it more pliable or soft.

Cheers!

Artist

Nullbit,
    I understand too about not wanting to post pics of yourself, but I do reccommend keeping a photo log of your progress just for yourself. Maybe at a later date if you see good results you will feel comfortable enough to post them here. Good luck to you!

Laura