Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Which RLT/LLLT unit?

Default what's with Britebox-led.co.uk?

Hi,

I've been wanting to read up more about britebox-leds but their website isn't working anymore. Does anyone know the scoop? Have they changed web addresses or is this company no longer selling products? I can't seem to get them up online.

Thanks,
    Sam

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kiwisamchi View Post
    Hi,

I've been wanting to read up more about britebox-leds but their website isn't working anymore. Does anyone know the scoop? Have they changed web addresses or is this company no longer selling products? I can't seem to get them up online.

Thanks,
    Sam
    Hello Sam,

http://www.mortonmedical.co.uk/Brite...FWlr4wodTwhVMA

It might be worth contacting these to see what they say, they sell the Britebox products.

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Thanks, J

Will give that site a whirl.

Sam

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kiwisamchi View Post
    Thanks, J

Will give that site a whirl.

Sam
    Please let me know how you get on!

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Okay, really liking my handheld LED from Elixa, and will continue to use it for travel (and tendons!). But think I want a full face model.

The two I am considering are:

The DPL from Elixa: http://www.elixa.com/light/facial.htm

or

The Britebox Revive: http://www.britebox-led.co.uk/rosacea/index.php

I think I prefer the look (and apparent build quality) of the Britebox, but at about 800 USD it costs more than twice as much.

Any recommendations???

Hi Michael,

You may have noticed this, but just in case, I thought I'd mention that those two products have different wavelengths.

The Brightbox:

830nm Infrared
    633nm Red

The Elixa:

880nm Infrared
    660nm Red
    I've treated seb derm successfully with raw honey and virgin coconut oil and have been symptom-free since June '09. Follow this ---> link <--- for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn-NH View Post
    Hi Michael,

You may have noticed this, but just in case, I thought I'd mention that those two products have different wavelengths.

The Brightbox:

830nm Infrared
    633nm Red

The Elixa:

880nm Infrared
    660nm Red
    Hmmm, thanks! That is good information to have. Do you think the slight differences in wavelength make a difference? I wonder why the Britebox would differ just that small bit from the conventional 660 and 880? Is this better or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn-NH View Post
    Hi Michael,

The Brightbox:

830nm Infrared
    633nm Red

The Elixa:

880nm Infrared
    660nm Red
    Oooh, I just answered my own question! Brightbox used the wavelengths described in this study:

A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded, and split-face clinical study on LED phototherapy for skin rejuvenation: clinical, profilometric, histologic, ultrastructural, and biochemical evaluations and comparison of three different treatment settings.
    J Photochem Photobiol B. 2007; 88(1):51-67 (ISSN: 1011-1344)

Lee SY; Park KH; Choi JW; Kwon JK; Lee DR; Shin MS; Lee JS; You CE; Park MY
    Department of Dermatology, National Medical Center, 18-79, Euljiro 6-ga, Jung-ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea. drlsy96@hotmail.com

Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are considered to be effective in skin rejuvenation. We investigated the clinical efficacy of LED phototherapy for skin rejuvenation through the comparison with three different treatment parameters and a control, and also examined the LED-induced histological, ultrastructural, and biochemical changes. Seventy-six patients with facial wrinkles were treated with quasimonochromatic LED devices on the right half of their faces. All subjects were randomly divided into four groups treated with either 830nm alone, 633nm alone, a combination of 830 and 633nm, or a sham treatment light, twice a week for four weeks. Serial photography, profilometry, and objective measurements of the skin elasticity and melanin were performed during the treatment period with a three-month follow-up period. The subject's and investigator's assessments were double-blinded. Skin specimens were evaluated for the histologic and ultrastructural changes, alteration in the status of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMPs), and the changes in the mRNA levels of IL-1ss, TNF-alpha, ICAM-1, IL-6 and connexin 43 (Cx43), by utilizing specific stains, TEM, immunohistochemistry, and real-time RT-PCR, respectively. In the results, objectively measured data showed significant reductions of wrinkles (maximum: 36%) and increases of skin elasticity (maximum: 19%) compared to baseline on the treated face in the three treatment groups. Histologically, a marked increase in the amount of collagen and elastic fibers in all treatment groups was observed. Ultrastructural examination demonstrated highly activated fibroblasts, surrounded by abundant elastic and collagen fibers. Immunohistochemistry showed an increase of TIMP-1 and 2. RT-PCR results showed the mRNA levels of IL-1ss, TNF-alpha, ICAM-1, and Cx43 increased after LED phototherapy whereas that of IL-6 decreased. This therapy was well-tolerated by all patients with no adverse effects.
    We concluded that 830 and 633nm LED phototherapy is an effective approach for skin rejuvenation.

Anyone with firsthand experience with the Britebox?

One more very brief abstract concerning these particular wavelengths:

ONE MECHANISM BEHIND LED PHOTOTHERAPY FOR WOUND HEALING AND SKIN REJUVENATION: KEY ROLE OF THE MAST CELL

R Glen Calderhead MSc PhD(MedSci) Japan Medical Laser Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan

Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) have attracted a lot of attention in light-only skin rejuvenation and wound healing with an 830 nm/633 nm combination.... the 830 nm-mediated photoaccelerated degranulation of mast cells in both LED phototherapy for skin rejuvenation, and acceleration and control of the inflammatory process after an actual wound, is quite possibly one of the key elements in light-only LED photorejuvenation and wound healing when forming part of a combined 830 nm / 633 nm LED phototherapy regimen

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Auburn-NH!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_V View Post
    Oooh, I just answered my own question! Brightbox used the wavelengths described in this study:

A prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded, and split-face clinical study on LED phototherapy for skin rejuvenation: clinical, profilometric, histologic, ultrastructural, and biochemical evaluations and comparison of three different treatment settings.
    J Photochem Photobiol B. 2007; 88(1):51-67 (ISSN: 1011-1344)

Lee SY; Park KH; Choi JW; Kwon JK; Lee DR; Shin MS; Lee JS; You CE; Park MY
    Department of Dermatology, National Medical Center, 18-79, Euljiro 6-ga, Jung-ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea. drlsy96@hotmail.com

Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) are considered to be effective in skin rejuvenation. We investigated the clinical efficacy of LED phototherapy for skin rejuvenation through the comparison with three different treatment parameters and a control, and also examined the LED-induced histological, ultrastructural, and biochemical changes. Seventy-six patients with facial wrinkles were treated with quasimonochromatic LED devices on the right half of their faces. All subjects were randomly divided into four groups treated with either 830nm alone, 633nm alone, a combination of 830 and 633nm, or a sham treatment light, twice a week for four weeks. Serial photography, profilometry, and objective measurements of the skin elasticity and melanin were performed during the treatment period with a three-month follow-up period. The subject's and investigator's assessments were double-blinded. Skin specimens were evaluated for the histologic and ultrastructural changes, alteration in the status of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their tissue inhibitors (TIMPs), and the changes in the mRNA levels of IL-1ss, TNF-alpha, ICAM-1, IL-6 and connexin 43 (Cx43), by utilizing specific stains, TEM, immunohistochemistry, and real-time RT-PCR, respectively. In the results, objectively measured data showed significant reductions of wrinkles (maximum: 36%) and increases of skin elasticity (maximum: 19%) compared to baseline on the treated face in the three treatment groups. Histologically, a marked increase in the amount of collagen and elastic fibers in all treatment groups was observed. Ultrastructural examination demonstrated highly activated fibroblasts, surrounded by abundant elastic and collagen fibers. Immunohistochemistry showed an increase of TIMP-1 and 2. RT-PCR results showed the mRNA levels of IL-1ss, TNF-alpha, ICAM-1, and Cx43 increased after LED phototherapy whereas that of IL-6 decreased. This therapy was well-tolerated by all patients with no adverse effects.
    We concluded that 830 and 633nm LED phototherapy is an effective approach for skin rejuvenation.

Anyone with firsthand experience with the Britebox?
    Hello Micheal,

I have been using the Britebox model for almost 7 weeks (the REVIVE red/infared one)
    and if you read my "Judworth's RLT Journey" you will see just how much progress I am
    making!

Thank you Auburn N-H for your input.

J

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT