Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twickle purples pics of bambi

Quote Originally Posted by Twickle Purple
    Quote Originally Posted by Quench
    I want to lose mine too.
    Me too.

BB, Please hop on your jet plane and come on over. I will set you up with some RLT and coordinated shoes.
    TP, Iv already told you, it'll be getting rid of us that you'll have to worry about, not the getting there!

You place is so amazing, like the three bear's cottage... but with Bambi on the front lawn

BB

Yup, I'm Goldie Locks.

Seriously, I'm worried about Bambi. We've been in a brutal freeze and blasting snow storm -- we just got electricity back up after almost two days! (Of course my GenSet is scheduled to be installed NEXT week!) I've lost all my Rosemary for sure and I think the lavendar may not have made it either.

Last week (from the laundry door). Mom and baby weeding my Pieris and Rhodo bed.

1 week later (from the kitchen window). Not even the diehard golfers were out.

Okay, I took this off topic. Sorry Peter. Did I mention how handsome you're looking??

Happiness is a choice.

TP - your place looks amazing! Can I visit? I'm moving to Oz in the spring - we could do a house swap!
    Female, age 42. Using Zia Fresh Cleansing Gel, emu oil and ZZ cream.

TP - your place looks amazing! Can I visit? I'm moving to Oz in the spring - we could do a house swap!
    Sure thing. You can have our snow, I'll take your sunshine.
    Golfers for Kangaroos!

Happiness is a choice.

TP, your pad is just way to cool for its own good!

BB

Very cool, it's 12C (53F) in the house.
    Another storm is starting now...

4 sweaters, vest, neck cozy, 3 pair pants, 2 pair heavy duty John Deer socks in my husbands heavy duty boots, gloves and hat. Walking about is a bit cumbersome.

My face is red because it is cold! But I haven't had a flush during this.

Happiness is a choice.

No way, thats like me!

I have two jumpers, a dressing gown and a hot water bottle in my studio right now, lol. I kid you not. I cant even have the radiators on in this room cuz it knackers the piano :?

BB

Ours has an electric humidifer/dehumifier which helps somewhat. This event has taken it out of tune though because we've had the fireplace going for 4 days and they are in the same room. Of course, we can't play it with gloves on anyway! It may right itself once things normalize.

The "dressing gown" threw me off a bit there BB. Must be what we call a "robe." I hope it is what we call a robe!

Hey, we've got our own chat thread now! Thanks be to the invisible hand of Mod.

Happiness is a choice.

Hi Quench,

What country are you in now, and why Oz? (Nosey me, eh?)

Cheers, TP

Happiness is a choice.

Well, now that I'm no longer invading Peter's thread (sorry Peter), I'm going to post more pics.

This orange diesel generator kept one computer or one space heater going (and the fridge). Combined with dial-up, it kept us in business.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my potted lavender, these are unique varieties from my mass plantings. They look like snow buns now. I don't hold much hope they'll make it through this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is street-side. We're hidden behind the frosty trees:

My dear old Max, he's 14 and blind, and doesn't understand what's going on. He's wearing his race horse blanket:

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain.
    Time to buy some skates I think.

Happiness is a choice.