Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Second V-beam

Even if its an older machine it's no reason to think it will work any less well, more that there will be more 'downtime'.

The bruises sometimes sort of appear slightly crusty, they may be referring to this.

Since this is the most active vbeam thread I thought I should just post here.

3+ weeks ago I went in for vbeam to get rid of the redness in my acne scars. The doc had me bruised and I had to take 2 weeks to look semi-decent again. Lately, Ive been having frequent low-level burning, that feels like a flush (its a bit "prickly") but when i look into the mirror my acne marks arent red at all, theyre the same color as they are not flushing. This happens especially when im tired. Is this normal? Maybe a sign of rosacea to come? Anyone else experienced this before?

Hi,

It's hard to say for sure but when I have a flush it's always accompanied by a burning sensation. After my VBeams it decreased the intensity of my flushing and burning. But I still do flush and burn, just less. And sometimes I have a mild burning sensation without the flush. That is more rare for me but it could be the case for you. Where the VBeam helped decrease your flush but sometimes you still experience low level burning. You still have VBeam treatments left, right? So good chance you'll continue to experience less burning(and flushing).

Best of luck,
    Melissa

I had V-beam on my cheeks and nose in late June and experienced minimal puffiness that went away within 24 hours, and some mild bruising that disappeared in three or four days. My nose bruised the worst, but it also cleared up in a few days. I have a mild case of rosacea, so I asked the derm to go light on the V-beam.

My experience so far is that I recognized an almost immediate improvement in my rosacea. The permanent redness in my cheeks lightened up to a pinkish color and the bumpy acne I had started to experience started going away. Since then, I seem to have plateaued. I don't see any progress and am starting to get bothered by that.

From what everyone says, I have to wait at least one month to see some results (which I have already seen, and do admit that the $250 cost was worth the reduction in symptoms I've experienced so far) and that it may not be a few months till I see the full effect of the treatment, but this is frustrating.

What troubles me is that I've experienced a few new bumps/pimples show up on my left cheek in the past few days. Admittedly, I did spend some time in the sun this weekend (but wore a hat and applied sunscreen). I hope I haven't already experienced the full effect of the treatment and that I am backsliding. I have another treatment scheduled for mid-October and am already thinking I might have to up the power of the V-beam.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Liam

Most people see the most benefit when they have a series of treatments. So I would say that one v beam will only do so much. October seems quite a long while to wait inbetween treatments and you may want to bring it forward a few weeks if you can.

You will only see the final outcome after about a month or two.

Perhaps your expectations were a little high, a reduction in redenss and flushing is a good start.

Phlika:

Thanks for the response. I recognize I need a couple more treatments before I see the results that I want, but I was facing a crisis of doubt the other day.

The October appointment was the soonest I could get. I actually made that follow up appointment while waiting in the doctor's office for my first V-beam treatment. (My derm only does laser treatments on Thursday, the nurse explanied, and Oct. 11 was the "first available".) I wish I could get in a few weeks sooner, and maybe I'll have some luck and there will be an opening sooner.

Just to follow up on my last post, the pimples I experienced earlier in the week seem to have gone and my face is looking better. As I said, a crisis of doubt. I exfoliated yesterday and my face looks clear this morning. I still have that slight pinkish hue, but I am fine with that. I think the culprits were the weekend sun, the sunscreen I slathered on my face and the extra glass(es!) of wine I allowed myself last weekend! I'll just have to be mindful of my triggers and manage them (or just accept that I will be a little redder than I want to be a day or two after my bad behavior!).

Liam

Yes I always get that same crisis after every treatment

I would be very careful with the exfoliation, especially after treatment. I used to exfoliate and although my skin felt better it just made my rosacea worse. I would certainly lay of it for the next few weeks whilst your skin settles down.