Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Clarification regarding the Petition Thread

Default A Clarification regarding the Petition Thread

Rosacea community,

I guess I should have known how my petition thread would have ended. Indeed, Iv been around this place long enough to know that Geoffrey Nase does not take good deads as they are intended. It appears that he is now already concocting stories involving me as prime scapegoat, due to the fact that I said:

"However, I will say that he felt I was wrong and that I had harmed the prospects of his new institute by drawing doubts over the state of his mental health (particularly so close to opening)."

That statement is in his opinion more hurtful to his career than anything that [edited: to remove names - redhotoz] have done or said. His own words.

So for this reason, I want to let the world know that any opinions expressed in my thread were purely of my own deduction. I have no evidence that Geoffrey may in the future get himself in legal hot water, that comment was made purely from the gut.

But I have learned a valuable lesson. From now on you will not hear me weigh into this debate in favor of ANYONE other than myself or other innocent bystanders. The way Geoffrey has responded to my plea is as a challenge and threat, rather than an opportunity for redemption.

IN MY OPINION, he is lost.

I have tried to deny that fact for along time, but finally it has hit home. The man who I onced considered a friend has gone for good. And that saddens me greatly.

So please, do as you will. I no longer give a shiny ****e what becomes of one Geoffrey P Nase. My support goes out only to those who he has hurt from this day forward.

What a sad day this is...

BB

*Big Hug* BB. It will be OK. Sometimes we have to let our friends fall on their faces and get back up themselves. Keep caring, don't let that go.

Dear Bob,

I’m so sorry that something you started in a sincere good intention has gone so wrong. But that is life…it’s unpredictable. But let me say something: One of the most important things I’ve learned in life so far is, that even if something happens that seems to be negative at first, later in life (sometimes it takes years) you’ll find out that it was good for something and was in the long way positive. You just have to be conscious in your life to notice that. So even if it looks bad at the moment there may be a positive outcome for you and Dr. Nase. You never know, just give it time…time changes a lot of things. So, Bob, I wish you all the best and Dr. Nase, if you are reading this, I also wish you the best. Please let things calm down.

Take care,
    Barbara

BB

I would give you a hug only their are no emoticons so show this so instead you can have a 8-[ . I suggest you go out and enjoy your weekend, in a few days things will calm down again.

Best wishes

Sarah

ps I'm still hoping you will post a picture of your other eye

Hey BB

Sorry it panned out that way but it's not only friends who have been on the receiving end!

Had to edit out the names, even though it was a kind of quote from Geoffrey. Hope you understand why. Enough damage has already been done.

All for one and one for all. Have an ale for me!

Jen

Hey Bob - is there anyway that the mods might delete the whole thread? Then it is gone.

Again - this is a very small forum, hardly representative of the number of folks who will come to an "institute" such as the one that nase has proposed - the dermatology community is HUGE here in the states. It will be a drop in the ocean in terms of the effect that it will have on any such endeavor - especially with the kind of backing that this particular "institute" has. According to nase, the ground has been broken, and building has commenced - things are fine.

Mods - actually can you just delete these two threads? Then they are gone, and we can ALL move on.

Thanks so much!

Default --an old story

I think youve made the right decision Bob.

my parents divorced in 1984--I was 17. I had endured 17 years of abuse from an alcoholic who managed to stalk and harass me for years after that. I even went to court to legally change my entire name because the police and court system wouldnt protect me. he finally found me shortly before he died (2002 i think).

he had written an evil letter to me about how angry he still was at me for staying out late as a teenager. i replied to his letter , trying to explain...when you beat someone and tear them down emotionally and mentally ...they will do what they must to survive.(besides, teens are volitile anyhow..most stay out late with friends, live on the phone--etc)

my father practically let his friend sexually molest me from the age of 8 to the time of the divorce.
    (for you men with daughters reading this...im willing to bet any one of you would have beaten your friend senseless for molesting your child
    because that is a normal reaction. )
    But my father wasnt normal,not by any mental sense of the word. and even on his deathbed...he was still hateful because my mother and i stood up to him--and left, still believing the failed marriage was all my fault . I eventually had to call the hospice and threaten legal action to get him to stop writing me.

1 phrase in the Bible has become very clear to me--do not cast pearls before swine. (dont waste your precious time or energy--better put i suppose)

I guess the point im trying to make is that G.N may never get better. Its sad this is the route he has chosen, but that is his decision....and youve made the correct one by moving on. one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I admire you for being strong enough to see that.

all the best to u

alex

Thanks all. Please have all my good 'hug' vibes in return!

Jen,

No problem. I understand. We are lucky to have such good mods!

Sarah,

Wow, now you're a mod too? Cool, I can see Im going to have to watch my step, eek!

My other eye has gone to Blackpool for the weekend. But who knows, perhaps he can find his way back before Christmas

Millie,

Actually, I would like these two threads to remain up if possible. I think that alot of true feelings were shared and it would be a shame for them to disappear. Lock them if necessary, but dont delete. I want any future critics to know that we did everything possible to help Geoffrey.

Plus, I think its important evidence incase I myself am targetted in the near future. I want the hard evidence there to prove that I did nothing wrong. If it disappears, then anyone old load of bs could be concocted with nothing for me to show against it.

Countchocula,

My god, thats terrible! You must be made of strong stuff to have come out the other end such an apparently good and balanced person. Bravo to you my good man!

Cheers all,

BB

OK, Bob. I understand. I just wanted you to be protected.

Cheerio to you!

And Alex...... wow..... now there's some perspective for us all. Thanks for sharing.

BB

Jen twisted my arm, I tried to resist.

I have just removed my first spam thread, kindly assisted by Jen (I can feel these will be my speciality).

Sarah