Thread: is Differin Cream okay?

Default is Differin Cream okay?

i apply a tiny bit of differin cream on my face before i go to bed each night...i was wondering if this is safe for my mild rosacea skin? i know retinoids can make things worse for rosaceans, but differin cream is supposed to be a lot gentler then say Retin-A, right?

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Re: is Differin Cream okay?

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy
    i apply a tiny bit of differin cream on my face before i go to bed each night...i was wondering if this is safe for my mild rosacea skin? i know retinoids can make things worse for rosaceans, but differin cream is supposed to be a lot gentler then say Retin-A, right?
    From what I understand, it is more gentle than Retin A but I also understand that Differin is an irritant to rosacea skin.

Hi

I have tried all of those retinoid based creams and found they are irritated my skin and made me flush more. You may be less sensitive but I would go very carefully. I went down to once a week and this was still too much.

You only need to apply a very very small amount, perhaps just put it on the areas with papules if thisis your aim.

Sarah

I would stay away from Differen if I were you. I used to use it in high school and I believe that it contributed to my onset of rosacea. Plus it's supposed to make your skin my sensitive to light and sun.

Quote Originally Posted by northernguy View Post
    Hi Northern Guy,

I'm just wondering if you can update me on your experience with Differin.. i know this was posted like 8/9 years ago, but hope you can still provide some insight. I've been prescribed the cream 0.1% and it's been sitting on my shelf since i got it , I'm really scared to use it with all the horror stories of initial purging

What was your experience with Differin? Did you have any initial breakouts? Would you recommend this cream for mild rosacea?

thank you