Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: A Petition - The Friends of Dr Nase

This user has been banned from this forum

Default Re: IMPORTANT: A Petition - The Friends of Dr Nase

[edited - redhotoz]

Whatever the current state of affairs, Nase's book and his website really helped me.

That said, what I am most concerned about is the potential damage that these "wars" are doing to the cause. Case in point, this week there was a very informative and interesting thread on G Protein Uncouplers started by a new member who obviously has a scientific background. Because of the fight that later insued in the thread, the topic is locked. The original poster hasn't posted and I fear we may have lost a good source (And for those of you who implied, Karakot is not Nase, he is from australia, trust me, he's selling Melanotan and he's shipping from there).

I really don't care what personal "beefs" anybody has with Nase, or if he truly is mentally ill. I just don't want good people run out of this forum because us adults turn every thread with someone who is thought to be Nase into a shouting match.

This can be seen as an attempt at a fresh start.

Going after one another is counter productive.
    Criticizing one another, or how one posts, is counter productive.

There is nothing to personally prove.
    If someone shares their experiences, it is just that.

It's a support forum.

I see my role in all this, I'm hoping others see theirs.
    If this happens, and the mood is genuine, goodwill can prevail.

Happiness is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Well, I haven't posted on the forum for quite a while now but I do have to say that this is an excellent initiative by Mr Bear and I do think it is exactly what was needed.

Reading this forum these days is 10 % rosacea and 90% bickering of all sorts, not just about Dr Nase, allthough he stands for quite a piece of those 90%, and I'd love to see the whole on line rosacea community move on. We're busy nagging each other about crap like this when there's something so much more to be pursued - going after the real beast, the red beast! I for one can't stand this crap and it really limits me in my daily life, which sucks so bad and I need all your guys help to get better, we all need each other. Who the hell would care about us instead? The big medical corporations? Yeah, right.. they've shown exactly how much they care during the years, and come up with virtually nothing.

I also consider Geoffrey a friend, whom I've talked to a few times on the phone and exchanged many e-mail's with. He's a very friendly and easy going guy and truly wants to help, but I also see another side of him that is quite disturbing, and he really needs to do something about that.

Geoffrey, I know you're out there. BB makes very good sense here. You're just hurting yourself more and more beyond repair when you constantly continue to come on to this forum and try to get into the crowd again, one way or another. It's time to let go and focus on yourself for a while, not what others think or say about you. We all want Geoffrey Nase, the no 1 rosacea-killer, back. But there is some stuff you have to deal with first, in order to make that happen. We're here for you buddy, at least BB and me, and I know some others as well.

Thanks everyone,
    Andy
    Many thanks Andy. I appreciate your input!

BB

I am frankly surprised you went that direction and suppose that is such a rarity for you that most would find very easy to excuse.
    You are quite right Trey. However, I do have my moments of fatigue, where I lack both the patience and desire to explain my actions to those I have NO respect for what so ever.

[edited - redhotoz]

Incidentally, [edited - redhotoz] this thread was not only my idea. It was indeed co-conceived by someone who I know he respects greatly. Ultimately, it serves his own end!

Sometimes I just can't be bothered to deal with such [edited - redhotoz]... so sue me!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Twickle Purple
    This can be seen as an attempt at a fresh start.

Going after one another is counter productive.
    Criticizing one another, or how one posts, is counter productive.

There is nothing to personally prove.
    If someone shares their experiences, it is just that.

It's a support forum.

I see my role in all this, I'm hoping others see theirs.
    If this happens, and the mood is genuine, goodwill can prevail.
    Precisely TP.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by milton
    Case in point, this week there was a very informative and interesting thread on G Protein Uncouplers started by a new member who obviously has a scientific background. Because of the fight that later insued in the thread, the topic is locked.
    I agree completely. As a result of this thread, I did some more Medline searches and found an amazing paper that does touch on GPCRs, but from a different perspective than the original thread.

I just posted specifics in the main section of this forum.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Well, I haven't posted on the forum for quite a while now but I do have to say that this is an excellent initiative by Mr Bear and I do think it is exactly what was needed.

Reading this forum these days is 10 % rosacea and 90% bickering of all sorts, not just about Dr Nase, allthough he stands for quite a piece of those 90%, and I'd love to see the whole on line rosacea community move on. We're busy nagging each other about crap like this when there's something so much more to be pursued - going after the real beast, the red beast! I for one can't stand this crap and it really limits me in my daily life, which sucks so bad and I need all your guys help to get better, we all need each other. Who the hell would care about us instead? The big medical corporations? Yeah, right.. they've shown exactly how much they care during the years, and come up with virtually nothing.

I also consider Geoffrey a friend, whom I've talked to a few times on the phone and exchanged many e-mail's with. He's a very friendly and easy going guy and truly wants to help, but I also see another side of him that is quite disturbing, and he really needs to do something about that.

Geoffrey, I know you're out there. BB makes very good sense here. You're just hurting yourself more and more beyond repair when you constantly continue to come on to this forum and try to get into the crowd again, one way or another. It's time to let go and focus on yourself for a while, not what others think or say about you. We all want Geoffrey Nase, the no 1 rosacea-killer, back. But there is some stuff you have to deal with first, in order to make that happen. We're here for you buddy, at least BB and me, and I know some others as well.

Thanks everyone,
    Andy
    Well said, with a but... This is the part of the forum were people let loose, I dissagree that only 10% of whats posted is related to rosacea, perhaps not in this part, but look at the forum at a whole. I have read SO many helpful posts, gotten advice, or just got support. I come to the meta-forum because it is just us, bitching, ranting, talking goofy, whatever.
    BB started a good thread, one of peace, a friend reaching out to another friend. After thinking about this all day, I will offer my support and sign your thread BB, because this needs to heal.

nice thread bb,

i know that dr nase has helped me, and so has this forum, and id love to see both get back to being the helpful, caring, great sources of rosacea help and information that they both can be.

good work.

ps - did someone say bring on the aussies? GJ? that must make you english, or as we call you, whinning poms. last year, clearly a fluke, we'll see what you've got now then.

[edited - redhotoz: to remove quote - to save me editing again!!!]

Perhaps, but pls see http://tinyurl.com/yh54xd

Rick