Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: A Petition - The Friends of Dr Nase

Default IMPORTANT: A Petition - The Friends of Dr Nase

Hello all,

For benefit of myself, Geoffrey, his supporters and everyone else, I would like to make my position on recent events perfectly clear.

I consider Geoffrey to be a friend and at heart, a good man. But more than that, I care for Geoffrey as a person. When he announced his cancer on RS last year, I almost cried for him. NOT because I saw the hope of cure dying, but because I thought that my friend was truly ill.

Suffice to say that I am without doubt a Nase supporter. However, I think we should first define what we mean by 'Nase supporter'. Of late, it seems that those claiming to be Nase supporters have been nothing of the kind. They have trolled the forums, stirring up trouble and hate, jepordising the stability of the board. They have NOT helped Geoffrey in the slightest by doing so. Indeed they have hurt him more than I think even he knows. And they do this NOT out of love for him, but out of a selfish need for the hope and comfort that accompanies his prescence.

My definition of 'Nase supporter' is quite different. I think of a Nase supporter as someone who loves Geoffrey, but is honest enough with themselves to acknowledge the truth - that he clearly is deteriorating in terms of his mental health and stability and is destroying himself in the process. Rather than causing trouble and bulling him up in private, I try to remind people of the great man that he once was, of the endless hours he put into helping us one on one etc. I try to help people understand that it is not an evil spirit that drives Geoffrey to act in ways which some members might find difficult to understand, but rather personal issues and ill health (imo).

Not that that is an excuse! It is my opinion that Geoffrey should do as he always said he would - to take 6 months out to spend time with his family and loved ones, perhaps even seeking the assistence of a professional to guide him through his problems. And this is why I come to you today, to ask for all those who love and who once loved Geoffrey to sign this thread and show your support. I hope that if enough people sign and Geoffrey can see how much we want him back (the Geoffrey of old that we all know and love) that he will do what we ask.

Believe it or not, I have been thinking of doing this for a long time. But it has been the fear of loosing Geoffrey as a friend that has caused me not to. I didnt want Geoffrey to think that I hated him and to become his enemy (in his perception). I still consider myself a friend of Geoffrey's, but I DO NOT approve of the way he and particularly his so called 'friends' have been behaving. I want the old Geoffrey back. And I know that if he does the right thing and follows the advice of this thread, confessing to and apologizing for his mistakes, that in time the community would welcome him back with open arms (at least I hope they would).

To Geoffrey:

I hope you read this my friend and know that its one of the hardest posts I have ever had to write. I pray that I have done the right thing here in attempting to rally your friends and supporters for an intervention. Know that I mean you only the best.

To the forum:

Please summon your compassion and sign this thread to make Geoffrey aware of your support. I know that most of you remember what a cool, funny and helpful guy he used to be. I know he has wronged MANY people severely, but I hope that you can still see past the maliciousness far enough to know that this is the right thing to do for a former friend and ill man.

Over to you...

[BB waits nervously]

BB

I'd love to see him get some help and return to being an actual advocate for rosacea rather than a [edited - redhotoz].

Good luck with that. Not terribly easy to convince someone over the internet, though.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

No its not. But from afar this is the best we can do.

You can never do more than your best!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid
    I'd love to see him get some help and return to being an actual advocate for rosacea rather than a [edited - redhotoz].
    Ditto.

Happiness is a choice.

sad how some [edited - redhotoz] appear to derive pleasure from aggravating Nase. you will only spiral him further into the bad state responsible his attacks against others

people directly attacked (peter etc) can be excused for defending themselves, others though appear sadists hiding behind guise of debunking

people with mential illness do not have a normal perspective on the world. have you ever been angry and said things you didnt mean? rational thinking becomes clouded when angry. imagine living everyday in a probably far worse state of mind than that

down through the rabbit hole...

Happiness is a choice.

Just to clarify...

I AM NOT trying to defend Dr Nase or critise those who attack. Him behaviour has lead many people to hold him in utter contempt. I cant blame those people.

However, this is a place where we support one another and try to provide the help that each requires. I hope by this thread to make two points:

- To learn the truth about his so called 'supporters'. That they are NOT his friends, rather the greatest enemies he has.

- That the community wishes him to get well again.

I also which to make a request on the behalf of the community that Dr Nase leave his post and go seek the help he requires. I say this as a friend, not an enemy.

Perhaps I am wrong to try to be the voice of the community in this way. Is is possible that some people have truly written him off, not only as a rosacean but also a human being?

I sincerely hope that isnt the case. We all need help from time to time. I would prefer to see Geoffrey go back home and right his wrongs rather crash and burn in this place.

BB

You are a very good friend then Bob. You are obviously attempting an act of kindness, but it is something that his family and close personal circle need to pursue. He is out of our hands.

Happiness is a choice.

I thought that it was made clear in the deposition transcript that Geoffrey Nase has no 'close circle'?

Maybe I read it wrong...

BB

One of the difficulties in resolving personal matters with the internet is that is is EXTREMELY difficult to assess the motivations of others, and EXTREMELY easy to be judgemental and ugly.

That said, I do ditto TP's ditto, and wish that he would get some help. Also to repeat what I said on another thread, I do apologise for being inappopriate in a few posts (over the top) and take responsibility for my behavior. Glad the mods deleted ugly posts all around - they have a thankless job.