Thread: Can we find another way?

Default Can we find another way?

Okay now hear me out, I know that this is going to make me unpopular but I am wondering if their is a better way to go about the subject of Nase.

To my mind at the moment we are all inflaming the situation by constantly posting updates from his website and what be believe him to be doing. It is becoming some sort of pantomine where one side will say something and the other will respond and we get no further forward.

Now I know that Mr Nase brings it on himself and starts these stupid threads and alot worse besides. I think pretty much everyone is aware of what a idiot he has become but do we really want him taking up all our time and energy.

Perhaps a way forward could be:

-To not openly start threads about what Nase is up to-leave it up to individuals to check his website.

-If a thread is started by Nase then once clear that this is so, it should be locked.

-Only post about Nase if new information concerning his misdeads come to light.

Now I am not accusing anyone of anything or having ago at anyone in particular so please don't take it at so. I'm sure that you will come up with many good reasons to continue as we are (anbd has been said before) but I for one have become very tired of it and feel that it may be alienating people and prolonging this situation.

Come on then let the attacks begin

Hi Sarah,

No one can attack you for what you ask. There is a sense of fatigue that comes of all this to be sure. You are very balanced in your posts and responses. It is a bit difficult to ignore Nase, he desperately needs an audience and is obviously hoping to regain some status as an icon for rosacea research. JMO. Perhaps you can approach Warren.

I'll sit on my hands for a while. Just a while though...*

Kind regards,
    Twickle Purple

* It is very hard.

Happiness is a choice.

I just get the impression that we are feeding the fire, he needs and audience and we are giving him one. I suspect that to ignore him will be a fate worse than death.

From being at the meeting the other day I would say that only one person had even heard of him. His talk of lots of emails cannot be true as I think that only a small amount of the population even have computers let alone the internet.

TP you carry on, I just wanted to put these ideas out there.

Sarah

Sarah - his "audience" is a teensy weesny forum on the internet - the meta section at best! We are having fun today - the next few days until the dates for the institute pass will just be that - fun! And then, when no institute happens, he will go away. And we will all move on.

You are a sweet person, and obviously have a big heart. I am glad you are here!

Millie

Ditto Millie.

Sarah, if your proposal could be implimented I would be 100% behind you. I think you have the right idea.

Its just that, well, 'other' people take to trolling when this was tried before. On topic threads started to get infiltrated and the fight worked its way out of the Meta Topic section and onto every valid thread on the forum.

It got messy, and that was who Dr Nase got banned.

The fact that the debate is no confined to the Meta section is a vast improvement imo.

BB

But sometimes it does spill over, like last night in the g protein thingy

My bad completely on that one. I won't get into my reasons, they don't matter.
    It was a terrible night.

Happiness is a choice.

I'm not blaming anyone, its just when nase gets to post then ofcourse people will reply. I can't quite work out the diffuclties of making sure banned people don't post.

My god, I recommend you dont visit ESFB then!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bear
    My god, I recommend you dont visit ESFB then!

BB
    You'd meet Marco. The resident troll. We play spot Marco from time to time. He reinvents himself regularly. And can be good and fun for short spurts.

Happiness is a choice.