Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stand/suspension for Elixa LEDs?

Default Stand/suspension for Elixa LEDs?

I just ordered two 660nm LED arrays from elixa.com. I can't imagine having the discipline to hold them midair for 15min a day.

Does anyone have any tips on how to suspend them securely so I can use them sitting down (or even better, while laying down)? Preferably something I can buy, that doesn't require any actual DIY.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi Nullbit

Not sure there is anything out there pre-made? You are right about not wanting to hold them above your face, that's just plain annoying. Mmm...thinking...tap...tap...tap...

Looking at the web site, which one did you buy? Two of the 42 LED arrays or two of the 84 LED arrays? The 42 looks kind of bulky in the photo. Good that they come with the adaptor, they can be quite heavy, so at least postage is free in the USA/Canada. Did you go for the 110 or 240 adaptor? Did you ask for a price for the two light panels with only one adaptor? I would be interested to know what they quoted for that, if you did.

Jen

I got two of the 84 LED arrays.

I went for the 240 adaptors (since I'm in the UK). I didn't get that quote since I ordered two adaptors, I assumed they required an adaptor each. Can they share one adaptor?

Well, it would take a little re-wiring but yes, they could share one 240 adaptor, as far as I understand. If you have just placed your order, perhaps you could ask about this. I imagine it could have added quite a bit to the postage to the UK for two adaptors. I have 882 LEDs wired up to one 240 power source.

Listen, I am no electronics expert or anything, just trying to make sure you get the best deal for a commercial unit. I'm sure most companies are flexible and willing to work with you.

Jen

The closest thing I've found so far is this

Obviously I'd required one for each side. They could clamp to my bedstead, my desk, or even an armchair. I'm not sure how I'd be able to attach the LEDs yet. Maybe super glue?

The units are not heavy. maybe those super strength velcro pads? You can get them from B&Q.
    Female, age 42. Using Zia Fresh Cleansing Gel, emu oil and ZZ cream.

You can knock up something like this, quickly and inexpensively, if you are a MASTER craftsman:

http://forum.rosaceagroup.org/viewto...=asc&start=120

Update:

Both the LCD arm, and the LEDs arrived.

Unfortunately elixa.com sent the wrong type of power adaptors, so I can't test them until I get some replacements.

On top of that, the LCD arms I planned to use for suspension are far to heavy and clunky to be practical for my need (should've done some math beforehand). Need to find something much lighter.

Thanks for the up-date Nullbit. How annoyng that the wrong adaptors were sent. Hope it doesn't take too long for the replacements to arrive.

Can you send the LCD arms back? Hope you can find something that works for you soon. Other than making something yourself, I'm not sure what to suggest.

Best of luck.

Jen

I still haven't found anything suitable.

I've thought about using a boom stand, it would be flexible enough position near the face. I know it will look a bit ridiculous, but I haven't found anything better as yet.

If I did use a boom stand, any ideas on how to attached the LED to the end of it?

Any suggestions for what else could act as a stand would very welcome.