Thread: Hi from new member

Default Hi from new member

Hi,

I'm 20 year old web developer/entrepreneur.

I've had rosacea since 16. My only symptom at this stage is intense flushing and burning.

My rosacea hasn't responded in the slightest to to any of the typical treatments. I tried IPL about a year ago, it didn't help, and it totally f*** up my skin, but I'm gonna leave that till another post.

The only totally successful treatment for flushing I've found is cigarettes. Obviously this is not a practical solution, unless you envy the dead. I'd have been an ex-smoker a long time ago if it wasn't for rosacea.

One practical thing I have discovered--for rosacea and anything else--is to stay positive. Thoughts do manifest themselves physically, and we supposedly reflect our predominant thoughts. If you imagine your rosacea as unbearable and ruining your life, then the prophecy becomes self-fulfilling. If you imagine your rosacea as improving daily, you might find it does (e.g. one action could be by lowering your stress which can be a trigger). Anyone that doesn't believe this should do a bit of googling, plenty of scientific studies back up the idea that patients with a positive attitude have a better prognosis.

Best wishes to everyone.

Hi welcome to the group. Have you tried propanerol/moxonidine/clonidine at all. These prescription drugs usually have some benefit on flushing and are worth considering.

I have found that grape seed extract is good for strengthening capillaries so they can better cope with the flushing.

Best wishes

Sarah

I take grape seed extract, and it helps a bit. I've tried the beta blockers you mentioned, to no success.

Red light therapy that a lot of people mention on this board looks promising, there's hope yet.

Thanks for the welcome.

May be worth trying moxonidine/clonidine. They work differently than propanerol and can help limit a flush.

Yes there's always things that you can try and hopefully you will find something that works for you.

Sarah

I've tried both moxonidine and clonidine.

At one point I was taking so many meds that I started developing heart problems (palpations, irregular beat, chest pain), and passed out. So, I'm avoiding any prescription meds for the time being.

Hi Nullbit

Welcome to the Forum.

I too am trying a medication-free approach to Rosacea. I try to be as positive and stress-free as possible but life throws us all sorts of things that can be difficult to deal with.

I am trying a natural healing diet, along with using my red low level LED array each night plus ZZ ointment right now. I have posted quite a bit about these, well not so much the ZZ, as this is new. For me, it's a long term approach, not a quick fix and I'm very happy to be med free!

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

I'm a flusher/burner too - these have been my main symptoms. I found laser (Gensis YAG) much more effective than IPL for the flushing, and between that and the Lyrica, the burning pain is much less.
    Diane
    Vancouver Island, BC