Thread: Dermacolor and stockist in Melb

Default Dermacolor and stockist in Melb

Hi all

I recently wanted to try Camouflage makeup to see if it would cover my flushing. It took me ages to find a stockist in Melb, i nearly ordered it from the UK. But then found a stockist in Melbourne, so in case this infomation helps anyone else here it is:

http://www.johnwurzel.com.au/default.aspx?topicid=324#

John Wurzel & CO. Pty Ltd
    1368 North Road
    South Oakleigh Victoria 3167
    Australia
    Phone: (61) 03 9562 6662
    Fax: (61) 03 9548 9449

If you know what colour and products you want then they will post to anywhere in Australia.

They have makeup artists on staff who tried it out on my skin, finding me the right colour and products and also showed me how to apply it. The actual pot of foundation was only $30! And for once i was able to find a shade light enough for my skin and so far it seems to really cover flushing.

Anyway hope that helps someone else out.

Thanks for the info Kate. Have you been using it much? Do you still like it?

Jen

Hi Jen

I've only used it three time but am very impressed. It looks really good and completely covers my flushing.

I have never worn much makeup everyday so i just on plan on using it for big occasions where i really don't want my flushing to be obvious. It looks so much better than any other makeup i've tried. I'm so pale when not flushing that makeup usually looks a bit too pink or too yellow.

It is a little hard to get off as it's waterproof. I bought the gentle skin remover but once i noticed it was mainly avocado oil i switched to jobjo oil which worked much better.

Even though i haven't used it much i can't tell you how nice it feels to know i can cover my flushing if i want. Because i can cover it if i want it makes less likely too, if that makes sense!

Can you tell that you are wearing it? I always find with makeup that I prefer to use lightweight foundations just because heavier ones look 'cakey' on my skin - but obviously they don't cover the rosacea.

Hi Purplesarah

I know what you mean, i'm like you, i don't want to look like i am wearing makeup even if i am. With the camo makeup I can tell that i'm wearing makeup but because it is a better match than the lighter foundation that i wear everyday it actually looks more natural.

I ended up buying the Kroylan foundation (also by dermacolour) as it was lighter than the regular dermacolour foundation, which covered more but was a bit cakey.

Thanks for that, it sounds really good.

I'm off to scour the website...I wonder if they do samples at all. If only I had the time (and money!) to pop across Bass Strait and visit them!