Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Light Therapy the LEDMAN Custom Array Review

Default Red Light Therapy the LEDMAN Custom Array Review

This is the fourth and final unit to arrive, a custom array made by the LEDMAN

See the Dimalux Review here.
    See the Photon Tender Skin Machine TPB-300 review here.
    See the Warp10 review here.

This came today. I was really excited about this unit, I had made the request to two manufacturers and the LEDMAN built it. It has alternating 660nm and 880nm LEDs set into hinged panels. I am very impressed with the finished product! Im going to quickly post some pics for now and follow up with info. As this is custom, there won't be as much manufacturer details. This custom array cost $840USD.

Out of the box:

Back of the powersupply (the front has hi and lo setting):

Profile, it is much thinner than I thought, which is great!:

The pattern of LEDs is just right, the panels curve perfectly.

Pics showing what it is built like:

Turned on:

Hi TP

This looks like a nice, neat unit. I'm confused as to why you ordered this one on top of the Dimalux though?

This unit appears to have less lights than my array but does have a mix of different LEDs. I look forward to you giving the specs on what was made up for you. How will it be mounted for use? Are the LEDs curved so that they can sit nicely together when the panels are placed in an arch shape? With the hi/lo setting, is that for switching between the different types of LEDs?

Sorry, I know, lots of questions. I probably have more! LOL

Jen

Hi Jen,

I like your questions! They are very good questions. The lights are staggered so they do not touch when the panels curve inwards, as well the wavelength of LED are checkerboarded so it is 660 then 880 then 660 then 880, etc. You can make that out a bit in the lit photo, the 880 ones do not shine red so it will look like only one row is light up.

As for the high and low settings, V, the LEDMAN says,
    "When the unit is on high setting then the 660 LEDs are running at about 25 ma so if you look on the spec sheet you can see the output on the high setting. aprox. 4987 mcd ... On low setting the 660 LEDs are running at 20 ma"
    So I am to use it on low when it is directly on my skin and high when I set it on a surface and am a bit of distance away. I'm of course going to push that and try it on high eventually ;)

This was fabricated for 'body' application, it curves both ways so has incredible flexibility. I will use this directly on my hip, back, shoulder and leg, etc. I had a wee bit of a skydiving incident about 10 years back. The door malfunctioned and fwooop I was out faster than a blink. The exit contorted my body as I spun out and below the plane and I ended up tearing most of the connection points on my left leg and foot. It was my first jump (and my last) and I cannot speak highly enough on the benefit of good ground school training!! The leg is always a problem and when I do shift work on my bike it becomes limiting, the fatigue stops me from longer trips. I am hoping this flexible array will undo some long standing damage. I'll let you know. I feel it everyday so it will be obvious for me if it works. It has a really long cord which is going to give me freedom when moving it about for application.

Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.

This one looks like a great bang for the buck, why havent more people tried it? Can you just sit in front of it like that or do you need something to mount it? I am interested in the all red, I think they have that from what I can tell on their website. I think I may consider this one in the future if things go well with my current trial.

Quote Originally Posted by hozer2k
    This one looks like a great bang for the buck, why havent more people tried it? Can you just sit in front of it like that or do you need something to mount it? I am interested in the all red, I think they have that from what I can tell on their website. I think I may consider this one in the future if things go well with my current trial.
    The fellow who made it was so pleased that he is making one for himself and will post pics for folks wanting to go this route. Part of what I do is industrial design and I work with folks who can make what I need. So once I saw the flat array it was just a natural to expand on it -- so to speak.

The idea was to have something that will follow any curves and wrap the leg. This one is going to be for body 'parts' but I was chatting with one lady who will be having one done up and these can easily be incorporated with adjustable lamps, the ones with tension arms and clamp bases would be good. There's a lady who posted today who has more or less done that very thing with her home made array.

Happiness is a choice.

I tried this out last night for the first time. I was forewarned the 880nm LEDs can generate some warmth, so urge anyone considering an array with a lot of LEDs to keep that in mind.

I used it on my hip, I draped it directly onto the skin and turned it on high. Within a few minutes I noticed the gentle warmth, not enough to call it heat, but it is discernable. For this use I found it a soothing and beneficial aspect of treatment. It will take a number of treatments before I can gauge whether it will have an impact on the damage to this leg.

----

I just used it on my tummy (I have a bad eczema rash there) and notice that the screws get hot, not a problem unless they come in contact with the skin. I added some small self-adhesive felt pads which did the trick keeping the flesh from coming in contact with the screws. I am going to keep it to the low setting on the more sensitive areas of skin.

Happiness is a choice.

I took a shot just before I did my tummy and another shot now, 4 hours later.

The light is different because the first one was daylight in a blue bathroom and the second with incandescent light in a goldish colour bathroom.

The rash is diminished by about half in most areas, and the skin is much less angry. I will do this again earlier in the day so that I can get better side by side comparisons. I don't have many areas that are such large expanses of skin and hopefully I will run out of rash soon I'll post more consistently lit pics over the weekends.

This is one treatment comparison side by side:
    a 4 hour lapse from application with this new array
    on eczematous skin.

Happiness is a choice.

Next morning, daylight, same room as the first shot, so the images have more consistent lighting.

One 10 minute 660/880nm session, directly on skin set on high:
    Pictures show difference 20 hours later.
    Before the treatment is on left and 20 hours after the treatment is on the right:

Happiness is a choice.

Looks really promising, thanks for sharing. I really like this unit and it seems to be really affordable considering the alternatives.

Any chance you could "tape" off or just treat one side of it. This way the contrast can be shown better and is less dependent on lighting. Glad to see you are getting results, it looks like its really worth it for you.

It is worth it. No I am not going to tape anything off. I've been on steroids over 40 years, and if one treatment gives me these results, where steroids have not, I will gladly put away the steroids as quickly as I can. I only want relief and I have shown with these pics that I am getting it. It works for me. The results are very much in keeping with what I had expected based on what I've read. This is really remarkable and I see a future without steroids which means a quality of life and old age that I had not dared hope for previously.

Happiness is a choice.