View Poll Results: Will you/have you tried Low Level Light Therapy?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I use Red.

11 11.22%
  • Yes. I use Blue.

0 0%
  • Yes. I use Red+Blue.

2 2.04%
  • Yes. I use Red+Near Infrared.

5 5.10%
  • Yes. I use another color/combo.

0 0%
  • I use it, and see improvement with (any) symptoms.

14 14.29%
  • I use it, and see no improvement with (any) symptoms.

2 2.04%
  • I am considering using it in the future.

60 61.22%
  • No. This doesn't interest me.

0 0%
  • No. I think this is potentially harmful.

4 4.08%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **POLL** Low Level Light Therapy / Red Light Therapy

I want to add this to that bit I put in regarding FAQs for LLLT:

An LED and a laser device using 660nm wavelength light will create the same response in the body. The difference is coherent and non-coherent light.

Here's a copy and paste from this site that explains it succinctly:

Monochromatic single wavelength light can only be produced in two ways - Low Power/Cold Laser (coherent light) or with a powerful light-emitting diode, LED (non-coherent light). Although much of the low power laser research is directly applicable to the use of LED's, LED's non-coherent light is entirely safe.

Dr Tiina Karu, of the Laser Technology Centre of Russia, found in the late 80's that the non-coherent light (LED's) was found to be as effective as coherent light and without the risk associated with cold lasers.

Happiness is a choice.

^^ bumpity bump

Happiness is a choice.

Default RLT

I use red + near infrared
    I see improvement

-Artist

Default RLT

I was only able to vote that I use red + near infrared. How do I also vote that I saw improvement? -Artist

Quote Originally Posted by fut
    I have been using Red Light Therapy for more than a month now and I have to say I am so happy with the results I am acheiving. The progress is definately cumulative. At first I would just be pale for a few minutes right after RLT and then it'd return back to my regular base redness. (Check my past posts about this effect)

Now over time I have noticed that my base redness has diminished greatly! My skin is more even toned. There is still some redness there but I have to say it has decreased by 30-50%. That 30%-50% is not perfect but its such a significant change that my skin almost looks like any other regular guy with a slightly rosy cheeks. It's no longer at the point where it looks irregular, if you know what I mean.

I will not forget to mention the profound effect I am gettting with flushing and burning. Burning was a problem in my worst days. IPL helped with it and so did Accutane but now RLT has eradicated burning totally. No more random phantom burning episodes.

I still flush while working out. I still feel uncomfortable in indoor heat. I still blush in semi-embarrasing situations. But even the symptoms of my rosacea that lingers have been reduced significantly.

Two thumbs up for RLT.
    Fut my results sound like yours so far. I've been using the red + near infrared for 15 days. My skin is pale right after, even if I've just done something that made it pink/red.

Right now I use it for 15 minutes every night, and sometimes for five or ten minutes in the morning after getting ready.

So far so good!

Artist

Default Re: RLT

Quote Originally Posted by Artist
    I was only able to vote that I use red + near infrared. How do I also vote that I saw improvement? -Artist
    Hi Artist,

The Poll tool does not allow multiple selections per vote (bit of a limitation), so I tried to cover the bases and hoped folks might post further details.

Thanks for posting!
    Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.

I have been using Red Light Therapy for more than a month now and I have to say I am so happy with the results I am acheiving. The progress is definately cumulative. At first I would just be pale for a few minutes right after RLT and then it'd return back to my regular base redness. (Check my past posts about this effect)

Now over time I have noticed that my base redness has diminished greatly! My skin is more even toned. There is still some redness there but I have to say it has decreased by 30-50%. That 30%-50% is not perfect but its such a significant change that my skin almost looks like any other regular guy with a slightly rosy cheeks. It's no longer at the point where it looks irregular, if you know what I mean.

I will not forget to mention the profound effect I am gettting with flushing and burning. Burning was a problem in my worst days. IPL helped with it and so did Accutane but now RLT has eradicated burning totally. No more random phantom burning episodes.

I still flush while working out. I still feel uncomfortable in indoor heat. I still blush in semi-embarrasing situations. But even the symptoms of my rosacea that lingers have been reduced significantly.

Two thumbs up for RLT.
    That is so cool...
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Ah now I see. Thanks Twickle Purple. -Artist

Default Anyone in the U.S?

Has anyone in the U.S. had this done or is it only available in Canada?

Hi Kimmyd,

This is a home-based treatment using a device that emits a particular wavelength of light. There are many web sites that sell these, they come a various shapes and sizes.

TP