Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Nase Shows his true colors once again pretending to be Maria Copolla

I think a lot of us that have been around for several years recognize his contributions. I think a lot of the newer people are bashing him, and rightfully so, for the way he has behaved the last couple years. Its pretty sad to see a guy who was once very helpful to deteriorate like this. But as someone who has been around the boards for several years, as opposed to just a few, I think we should take it easier on him. After all, he has probably still contributed more any single person on the boards. To the bashers...where is your book that has helped so many? Where is your advice that has helped so many? How about bringing treatments to members to light? If it werent for Nase, maybe you wouldnt know as much as you do today about rosacea. Everyone can read the debunking site...and I do believe it, but still...the guy has made contributions like noone else has. Give the guy a break and judge his board for what it is. If it costs some money, so frickin what if it sucks and someone gets ripped off $50. Ugg...I am just babbling now, but its frustrating to see these new people bash him and not realize we are where we are today in large part because of Nase.

prometheus
    I put something in the news, research section about dapsone study or clinical trial, its under "Did someone say dapsone" but thats all i have heard.

I absolutely agree with Hozer2K. Dr. Nase might have some psychological issues and he can pile on the bull **** at times. I didn't appreciate the personal attacks by Dr. Nase against certain members of the rosacea community either. However, the behavior of certain posters in this is forum doesn't help either.

I recall a time when Dr. Nase offered sensible advice through the Yahoo support group and his book has been a real helpful guide to understanding the causes of rosacea and the best treatment options out there. I think a certain group in this forum continues to harbor ill feelings towards Nase b/c of the RRF fiasco and red-light therapy debates. That's too bad because I think just about everyone here has great ideas and compassion.

I would rather have a Dr. Nase who is off his rocker and still fighting for a cure than a Geoffrey Nase who is completely removed from the rosacea research world.

Wow, folks around here who try to do something good are discounted because they haven't written a book?

There are other books on Rosacea out there, and books with Rosacea treatments -- I have 4, and none of them were written by Nase. Or reference Nase or even mention Nase.

And because some of us weren''t around for years somehow our voice is less valid? Well, I'll speak up and say that I've put my money where my mouth is, I've tried to help and share what I have learned. I've posted a complete journey, before, during, and, hopefully, after. All I can do is that, it's honest, it's upfront, it's no more than what you see. Anyone making grand claims can and should do the same.

The only thing Nase has offered is convenience, and folks are carrying on like there's no one else that has this knowledge, no one else shares or cares like Nase. That's just not true, Nase is not part of what he posts, he lives in the reflected glory. What it appears he does is scrounge around for all he can and consolidate it into an all you can eat buffet -- a one stop shop. He's a convenient infomercial. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

I'm not looking for someone to help me, I'm going to help myself. I will rely on what I learn -- from as many sources as I can find. And, if there's anyone else out there that benefits from what I share it makes all this worth it.

Happiness is a choice.

I just want to clarify that Iīm not "one of the new people", I was a member at the yahoo rosacea group at the time when Nase was more or less worshiped. I think itīs sad people donīt seem to understand how serious it is to lie about products and treatments. And now the "feel sorry for -factor" comes into play, that somehow itīs not Naseīs own fault cause he might be mentally ill. Some of you should really get a reality check.

I just have to say that also you would rather have a "crazy" Nase than no Nase at all working to find treatments against rosacea. How many physicians has the guy scared off who could have been contributing to the rosacea community? Face it, the guy has done a lot of harm no doubt about it. His breakthrough treatments never end up being anything..how could you have missed that extremely valid point?

Quote Originally Posted by sweden
    His breakthrough treatments never end up being anything..how could you have missed that extremely valid point?
    I honestly don't think Dr. Nase can be blamed for that. As someone who worked in pharmaceutical research for years I can tell you that's just the way it is. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of promising leads don't make it all the way through the clinical trial process. Doesn't mean they don't look exciting early on.

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by lobster222222
    prometheus
    I put something in the news, research section about dapsone study or clinical trial, its under "Did someone say dapsone" but thats all i have heard.
    Thanks for the reply. But I don't see the thread anywhere? Is it old or new?

Hey ratherbquiltn! What I meant was that he mentions treatments that often don't do anything at all for rosacea, maybe youīve forgot about "the biggest treatment secret in rosacea"...that was the anti-malarian drug. Itīs not even about exaggeration, since he was just dead wrong. It would be one thing if he said that this or that treatment MIGHT have certain positive effects, but he makes claims instead, before he even has a clue about what the treatment might do. I just meant it in that way.