Thread: My Update....

Default My Update....

Hey everyone! I have not been on here much latley, as I'm busy with work, school, sports and every other day to day thing I do, but here is my update.

Last year I did 8 IPL's, results were pretty good, I was happy with them.

I started taking 10 mg's of accutane everyday, I started that in May of this year, so it's been about 4 months. After the 2nd month I started noticing some more flushing than before, and first thing came to mind is that I think I should knock the dose down, so I did. I'm now taking 10 mg's every other day, and now it is working even better and knocked some of those flushes I was talking about. So, anyways, this stuff is great so far. This is the 2nd time I have been on accutane, the first being for acne some 2 years ago, that sent my rosacea through the roof because of the high dose. My oil is down big time, with little to no breakouts of acne or small pustles I would get. The redness is down from the accutane, and also the flushing is dowm a bit too. I'm going to take this for a whole year at this dose, 10 mg's once every two days. My nose has no blackheads what so ever, and the pores have shunk a lot, I'm happy with that.

And also my Seb derm is 90% better than it was, I don't get anymore breakouts since taking the table spoon of lemon juice with water everyday. I sometimes use a little eldiel once in a blue moon if I see any eczema or anything come out on my face, but hardly ever at all.

Anywho.....thats about it, if this accutane does not hold up when I go off it im thinking of trying the "BLU-LIGHT" laser. Any questions about anything any of you are welcome to PM me and I'd be glad to answer anything.

Thank you

That's what worked for me too, IPL followed by accutane. Do you take any supplements?
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

thats great news man, good for you.

So maybe a 1 2 punch is IPL and Accutane
    28 year old male from the United States in Minnesota. My self treatment of Rosacea is 10 grams vitamin C, 16 glasses of water, and moisturize with Eucerin everyday.

ive been taking 10mg of accutane daily for nearly a year (due to finish up end oct). its been great for acne and my pores have shrunk a lot. im still quite red though...sometimes i think im more red now than i was before taking accutane but its difficult to know for sure.

im planning on waiting until around 6 months post accutane and then going for IPL. has anyone done it this way round with accutane first?

This user has been banned from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Dude
    My nose has no blackheads what so ever, and the pores have shunk a lot, I'm happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRum
    ive been taking 10mg of accutane daily for nearly a year (due to finish up end oct). its been great for acne and my pores have shrunk a lot.
    Does any of you have recent pics of the shrunk pores? Send me a message if you dont want to post in the forum. Also, do you notice small flakes inside or around the pores making your skin 'sparkle' a little?

I may embark on low dose accutane but before that I need to see it myself cause different people have different notions of 'small pores'.

I don't have any photos but before I started isotretinoin (accutane) I could squeeze my nose and small streams of sebum would come out. With isotretinoin withen the first week my nose looked like it was flaking but it was actually the sebum coming out. Now two years later no matter how much or hard I squeeze my nose nothing comes out.

Do you still see the pores on the nose?

No, and I used to easily see them.

Here is a test how small pores are:

Take a look at a hairless area of the body (face excluded). The most convenient would the the inside upper part of the arms. It would be very unlikely anyone to have enlarged pores here. The area must not contain coarse hairs cause hairs originate from pores you won't be able to tell how big the pores are.

Compare the pores there, if you can see them at all with the pores at your nose.

Which pores appear bigger?

Warren, according to your page you had 3 lasers and 6 IPL's. Do you attribute the shrunk pores to laser/IPL or to low dose accutane? When was the last laser/IPL?

Usually after laser/IPL the skin swells hiding the pores but the effect is temporary. For IPL not more than a week probably. For laser, depends on how invasive it was.