Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have cured my rosacea

Default I have cured my rosacea

Have been a voyeur on this site for quite some time as I've been looking for rosacea cures for years now. I've been to dermatologists and have read every article and tried every lotion and potion on the market. I'm thirty four and rosacea has been a theme in my life for about 10 years now. I hit a low point about six months ago when my rosacea seemed to just take over my life - I was permanently red in the nose and was beginning to have three/four hot face flushes a day which were very embarrassing and were beginning to effect my social life.

Last February however while randomly browsing through products in a health food shop I came across a moisturiser called Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream. I read the back of the packaging and it said it was good for rosacea. Having tried everything else I said I'd give it a shot - and out of the blue...my rosacea is now gone. I can't believe it myself. I have no more pustules over my nose and cheeks, no more hot flushes and my face is pretty much the same colour as everyone elses.

I have no idea if it is the Rose Day Cream that has fixed it, or if it's some other factor but I'm not complaining! It might be that I've hit on the right combination of products so I'll just tell you exactly what I'm doing:

Evening: Cleanse with Cetaphyll (just rub on..no water...and rub off with tissue). Apply Rose Day Cream ( I know it says day cream, but I use it day and night anyway)

Morning: Apply Rose Day Cream and let it absorb (I just eat breakfast and let it sink in). Then put on a layer of Clinique Oil-free Citiblock Factor 25.

That's it guys. Nothing but Cetaphyll, Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream and Clinique oil free Citiblock. It took a few weeks to work, but it has completely cleared up my rosacea. I'm just elated.

Dietwise I don't think anything really makes a difference. I tried cutting out alcohol, caffeine, spices...just about anything that is nice, but nothing seemed to make a difference. Now I just eat and drink what I want. Still get a bit rosy when I drink red wine...but hey, If you drink enough of it you won't care anyway eh?

That's all. I just wanted to share this with you because I've been freeloading my way round the online rosacea community for years and have given nothing back. Hope this works for others too. Needless to say I am in no way connected with Dr Hauschka, Cetaphyll or Clinique...I'm just a primary school teacher and happen to have hit on the magic formula for my skin. Good luck everyone!

Finally - I have hit on a magic formula that works for me. I know everyone's body is different - but this one works for me, so maybe it will work for others too.

Thats great news for you. I wish you well and hope you are in remission and stay that way.
    28 year old male from the United States in Minnesota. My self treatment of Rosacea is 10 grams vitamin C, 16 glasses of water, and moisturize with Eucerin everyday.

This user has been banned from this forum

Ingredients from Dr. Hauschka website:

Water (Aqua), Peanut (Arachis Hypogaea) Oil, Marsh Mallow (Althaea Officinalis) Extract, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil Extract, St John's Wort (Hypericum Perforatum) Extract, Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii) Butter, Lecithin, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Rose (Rosa Gallica) Wax, Rose (Rosa Gallica) Petal Extract, Rose (Rosa Canina) Hip Extract.

It's kind of pricy, about $35-40/oz.

trillian is full of crap....funny how its his or her first post and they are trying to psell all of us some bullshi* cream

trillian, go play in traffic

Quote Originally Posted by domo2727
    trillian is full of crap....funny how its his or her first post and they are trying to psell all of us some bullshi* cream

trillian, go play in traffic
    that could be true also.

To bad if that was their goal it didn't work. I no long look for the next lotion or new drug or treatments.

I didn't even think of what lotion they used. I was only happy for them being free of Rosacea.
    28 year old male from the United States in Minnesota. My self treatment of Rosacea is 10 grams vitamin C, 16 glasses of water, and moisturize with Eucerin everyday.

This user has been banned from this forum

If I had to try the product (not happening, im not in high school anymore to buy something based on anecdotal reports) I would get it from a place with a good return policy - at least 30 days and get my money back if I don't like it.

Whoa, you guys are rough! This person is just honestly sharing her/his experience, not trying to sell us anything. Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream is a well-known, mainstream moisturizer with over 175 reviews on Makeup Alley. If I'm remembering correctly Jennifer Aniston supposedly used it at one time, not that we care about that, but my point is it's not some wacky product that someone needs to come on here to hawk. It's as well known as the Clinique product in many circles. It sounds like this particular combination of products is working well right now for this rosacean. I'm always happy to hear when someone is doing well, and happy to hear about what products they're using. Thank you for sharing Trillian! I am also all for buying products at places with a good return policy. Whatever is working I would be pretty hesitant to ever say I was "cured" as over the past 20 years I have been "cured" about 5 or 6 times for several years at a time...right up until the products that were working for me stopped working for me and/or other factors came into play. One thing I have learned is that rosacea is a very cyclic condition with periods of flare and periods of remission.

Just joined. Been browsing around the web looking for something to help my face. Have not been diagnosed with Rosacea but it can be nothing else. I am terrified to try something new. Most recently I had a most HORRIBLE experience with MaryK. Good products, nothing against them, just not right for me. That's when i realized i have a skin problem.

I decided to try an find some kind of support from others who have the same problem. I am not using anything on my face right now I just try not to wear makeup so i don't have to wash my face. Sad Eh! I just can't imagine going through the whole "MaryK" thing again. I was happy when i read the first post since i had tried a clinique product once with some not bad results. Then came the flame... It almost made me click away.

domo2727 was a little rude, no? As I sign up to join I have to agree to this:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Don't get me wrong, i am sure there have been many posts whos only intention was to push a product, but i also know there is a kinder, gentler way to go about things.

K, that's my .02$

If anyone still likes me enough to offer some help, I am more than ready to accept!! [/quote]

Hi myfacehurts,

It does sound harsh when you read someone posting an angry replay like that. To put it in context though, it is really hard when you have folks who post only one time to say they are cured because of product X. We know nothing of the poster's Rosacea type and presentation, what treatments they've tried before and so forth. Spammers use sites like this to plug products -- and Rosacea cannot be cured.

This is not a hostile site, have no worries there.

Welcome to the forum, we are all here to help.

Kind regards, Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.

i had no intention of being hostile...but one has to wonder. When a users first post on this site is about some miracle product, I think its fair to say there are full of crap. As someone wrote before me, a lot of people use these kind of sites to attempt to sell certain products.

just by 2 cents