Thread: Something that works for me

Default Something that works for me

Hello

I am new to this forum but not new to the skin disorder called rosacea. My first attack came when I was in my late twenties. At one point I had to go the ER because my faced swelled up so much, then they sent me to a dermatologist who took pictures of my face, for 'teaching purposes' ----
    You know it's bad when they want to use a picture of you for the poster child of rosacea! Anyways I'm writing this because after much emotional turmoil and searching for help I found something that worked amazing for me. It is called- C-Scape-vitamin C serum 25% and it is made by DCL
    ( dermatalogic cosmetic labratories) I used it for 5 years then stopped because my symptoms were non-exsistent. For some reason though I've had a flare in the last week- bad- but I went out and bought some more of this stuff and it has helped already- may not be for everyone- but because I know how devastating this skin disorder can be I felt that I should share my experience with others like afflicted, and......I have no affiliation with the company, it's not cheap $100 C - but worth it to me.

Compassionately
    Shantell

Hi there.... can you please provide more details... what ingredients, where you got it, if a prescription is needed, etc etc???

thanks so much!
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Default More details

I'm sorry, of course, here is what I know...

C-Scape is available to me in Canada at laser clinics and dermatologists offices---- but you can order it off the net at various skin care sites

The bottle is white 1.75fl 52mls and reads: "C"scape serum- antioxidant treatment- Maker -DCL Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories, the back of the bottle reads as follows: "C" scape serum...contains a stabilized form of Vitamin C this anitoxidant formula enchances the skins own defense mechanism and promotes smoother, firmer, younger looking skin. End

To me it has been that and much more, I don't say I promote hope in a bottle, but for me it is tremendous.

I'm sure if you google the name you will come up with a supplier

Best
    Shantell

DCL High Potency C Scape Serum 25

Ingredients:
    Code:
    Water, Methylsilanol Ascorbate (and) Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparabencode
    Whats wierd about the list of ingrediants is that it doest even list the L-ascorbic acid, the only form of vitamin C to be proven beneficial for the skin.

I suggest you look at Skinceuticals Serum or some other L-ascorbic serum.

Default Ingredients

The list of ingredients on the bottle I have is similar but with a few exceptions: Water,SD Alcohol40, Methylsilanol Ascorbate and ButyleneGlycol,Propylene Glycol,Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Diazolindinyl Urea, Methylparaben,Tetrasodium EDTA and Propylparaben.

Regardless of the list above this product has been the only C serum that I've tried thats worked for me, because I have tried others. I made no claims that this would work for everyone, has I said: I do not promote hope in a jar....however I thought since I have had such wonderful results that I would share my experience with others...if it helps a few then that is worth it. This product is recommended by one of the most reputable Dermatologists in Vancouver BC, for rosacea. Metrocream never helped me nor did many other creams specially designed for rosacea. One of the things that this Dermatologists touts it for is it's anit-inflammatory properties, yesterday my face was burning and red and blotchy, today after just a few applications I would say that it is 50% better, I guess I'm very fortunate that I have found something compatible for my skin.

Best to all
    Shantell

Default Re: Ingredients

That's fantastic Shantell!! It's been said on this forum time and again that what works for one may not work for the other and if it works then stick to it!

I can't use soap,I've tried a lot of different soaps ,but water works best for me,,so why bother trying to find something else when the one thing that does it's best on my face is water!

I'm trying to find something to moisten my skin that won't irrate it and so far no luck, I do use noritate,but only when I break out.. summer has been ok using it,but with the dryer weather coming(heaters ect.)I do need something to keep my skin from drying out,,so this serum sounds like something I'd like to try..I live in Montreal and will ask my derm if he has heard of it. And if so where I can get it..

Thanks for posting your experience with said product and so happy it is working for you. One question though,, Do you have P&P's and or permenant red face besides having flushes?

Sandra

Default P&P's?

That is the first time I've heard of that phrase----but I'm assuming it has something to do with papules and pustules?? I still have red spots on my face that really looked angry,and in the same areas with my last flare, but they have been very light and almost unnoticeable for a few years. Like I mentioned after using the C-Scape for a few years the condition went into a type of remission. When I first was looking for something to help me I had very bad pustules..all the regular stuff plus some pretty bad swelling that at times went into my eyes. I'm wondering if the fact that I found something quite early in the process of the condition might have something to do with my success in it going into remission??? I'm not sure how the product would work if used on someone whose skin was quite bad for a long period of time.....I'm not a doctor, all I know is that this was recommended to me by one and it worked. I've been using the C-Scape since Sat.-----today is Tues. and the improvement is very discernable. One last thing---it is not paticularly hydrating to the skin---in fact it can dry it out slightly....I have trouble finding a moisturizor myself, that won't cause irritation----Cliniques yellow cream seems to work alright for me most days....and the sun block Ombrelle.

All the Best
    Shantell