Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 Q&A - Interview with Dr Darm

Hi Charchar

Have received a speedy reply to your question from Dr Darm...

"--Some experts recommend waiting as long as 6 months to discontinue accutane before attempting any laser treatments--I have occaissionally treated after 2-3 months depending on the circumstances-- The skin is much more vulnerable to scarring if a burn occurred during laser treatment while taking accutane--Even a sunburn can cause scarring if you are taking accutane--"

-----

Andrew

I asked Dr Darm for some other info in the e-mail I sent to him with your questions. As soon as I receive a reply, I will post it.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by redhotoz
    Hi Charchar

Have received a speedy reply to your question from Dr Darm...

"--Some experts recommend waiting as long as 6 months to discontinue accutane before attempting any laser treatments--I have occaissionally treated after 2-3 months depending on the circumstances-- The skin is much more vulnerable to scarring if a burn occurred during laser treatment while taking accutane--Even a sunburn can cause scarring if you are taking accutane--"

-----

Andrew

I asked Dr Darm for some other info in the e-mail I sent to him with your questions. As soon as I receive a reply, I will post it.

Jen
    Thanks a lot! That's awesome to know why it was a 6 month wait.

I think I can wait 6 months because I sure don't want to scar from a burn. It's just that I'v been using a combo of Eucerin Redness relief and Nicomide-T. It's only been 3 weeks but the redness seems to be the same/worse.

I just would like to treat this as fast as possible so that it doesn't exacerbate as time goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Charchar
    It's just that I'v been using a combo of Eucerin Redness relief and Nicomide-T. It's only been 3 weeks but the redness seems to be the same/worse
    Hi Charchar

I'm not sure there are any creams out there that will reduce redness. I would love to be corrected if there are. I've had permanent redness on my face for quite some years now. The thing that I believe is helping the most to calm my face, that is, a subtle reduction in redness is red light therapy. I'm too scared to try IPL or Laser but I'm sure they would help too. I'm just not prepared to take the risk of things turning pear shaped, so to speak. Maybe one day, I don't know.

Anyway, it does sound like a wise move to wait at least 6 months after taking Accutane, before IPL treatment. IPL is a fair investment and not one that you want to turn out negatively.

Best of luck and do let us know how things go.

Jen

Hi Andrew

Here's Dr Darm's reply to your questions:

"--Actually the official term that is used by the company is the Aesthera PPx which stands for photopneumatic therapy--I may have referred to it as a laser which is of course incorrect--It is in fact an IPL with a slightly broader bandwidth of 400 to 1200nm and of course the suction component--"

Jen