Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipl

Default ipl

I HAD IPL in Jan which finished in March im still having alot of problems since treatment with my eyes and skin being puffy and i still as bad as i was with the flushing before i went for treatment, Will the puffiness go down after ipl how long does it take for the skin to settle will it ever go back to how it was before treatment, has anyone been really bad off since ipl, I heard it can take up to 6 months for the ipl treatment to wear off but thats been 6 months and im still bad, Could really do with a reply Thanks

Some people do react badly to IPL and I'm sure for some it takes ages for the skin to settle. What are your main symptoms now? How are they different from before the laser? How many treatments did you have and at what settings? What other treatment are you on?

I have found relief from the flushing through the Yag laser.

dave

Hi Sarah,

6 months is a little too long to be seeing the complications from IPL, I believe.. My previous practitioners have always told me 3-4 months and that I thought was still a little insane. I think for the most part you should start seeing your final results around week 5 or so after. Now, this is just based on my experience, but I have been where you have been before and waiting for it to just get better never did me any good. I actually said screw it and went to a different doc with another technology, which was the BBL and have been having success. You know what it all came down to?? Patience and perservierance. I had my struggles with finding the right setting and parameters for my treatment with over 16 different tries, but I believe that all of those just gave me a better idea on what my skin could handle. I tried the 515, 560, 590, 640, YAG, and all of them helped me understand what my skin actually needed. We all have our own skin preference level for parameters and settings. We just dont exactly know what those are even with all the new technology. Just because I am a kin type 2 doesnt mean that I have the exact same settings as other skin type 2's. I have also found that once I found my correct setting for my skin I would not increase fluence/energy and stay at that same level for future treatments as well. This was because I had 5 treatments about a year and a half ago and we always increased the fluence 1 or 2 joules everytime, because that is what was thought to be best, but this wasnt the case or me. I plateaud at my 3rd treament and then my face got worse and worse during my 4th and 5th. I truly believe that increasing energy like that is detrimental to the skin. That is why I am now permanently sticking with MY SKIN'S parameter level.

I also believe in this new technology Aesthera. It does sound interesting on how the technology works. The no-pain treatments is going to be best for us rosaceans because that means a slower delivery of energy into the skin without compromising the epidermis, which s huge for us! The only thing I question is for the flushers... I dont think it will make a huge difference for people that flush, but only focus on the superficial redness/telangiectasia.

Long post, sorry but I had a day off and I am really excited about how my skin is starting to look. Hang in there Sarah....ask as many questions as you would like.

-dave

Hi Sarah,

sorry to hear of your problems, it is hard when hopes of help are high.

just wondered if you had a patch test and, if so, did you have any problems in the test area??

hope things are going ok for you
    moomy

Default lympathic drainage

hi i didnt have a patch test he said it wouldnt be needed. Its been ages now since ipl and i cant get rid of this puffy face i regret going for it altogther.Anyone know if the lympthic system can take a while to drain and how long it can be?Im even having lympathic drainage massage had two and its still not doing anything for it, Any ideas be great

Sarah

Sarah

How puffy is it? Where is it puffy in particular?

have you visited your doctor about it?

i can feel the puffiness in my face neck and shoulders since the ipl months on i just duno wot t do bout it and im really worried bout it, will it drain on its own, i told my GP she not done mUch at all. I told the doctor who i had the treatment done by and he said he wouldnt think that done it yet i know it did as after 2nd treatment i hav pics after treatment my face like a ballon since then its not draining i then went for another treatment and it increased puffiness yet again.Has anyone had a reaction from ipl like this?

Sarah

I really feel for you it must be a very worrying time. The only thing that I can think of is to PM Dr Crouch and see if he can advise anything. As this type of thing is not that common then I not sure what else to would be helpful.

Sarah

Default puffiness

i did contact dr crouch he couldnt even be bothered to reply.

Curious about -ve post

Default Re: ipl

Quote Originally Posted by sarah
    I HAD IPL in Jan which finished in March im still having alot of problems since treatment with my eyes and skin being puffy and i still as bad as i was with the flushing before i went for treatment, Will the puffiness go down after ipl how long does it take for the skin to settle will it ever go back to how it was before treatment, has anyone been really bad off since ipl, I heard it can take up to 6 months for the ipl treatment to wear off but thats been 6 months and im still bad, Could really do with a reply Thanks
    Sarah,
    Did Dr Crouch perform your IPL? Your post is critical of him for not bothering to reply to your PM. Are you a current i.e. ongoing patient of his or did you see him for advice?

He does seem to respond to many people on here in most helpful way. If he isn't your personal ongoing physician, is he actually under any obligation to respond to your PMs?