Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: updates

Default updates

Hi all.

I know, I know, we hear it all the tiem. Dr. Nase has an update on his site. But it is certainly good news for all us. He is discussing the beginning of clinical testing for a medication. Here is a quote from the site:
    -------------
    This has already been shown to be effective in flushing disorders of the skin, disorders of weakened blood vessels that burst and form shunts (like rosacea), and Vasculopathy disorders. Initial pilot studies on 12 rosacea sufferers resulted in 95% reduction in facial redness and flushing episodes decreased from an average of 17.5 times a day to 0 times per day (could not be visibly noticed by clinicians nor felt by patients). Furthermore, topical application of irritants (retin A and glycolic acid) produced no visible redness in 11 of the 12 subjects, and heated environments (90 degrees Farenheit for 30 minutes) produced no visible redness in all subjects.

---------------
    So yeah, tell me not to get my hopes up. But whatever you say, my hopes are high. If this is the point they are at in summer of 2006, the cure is coming. Rosacea will one day be no more. It will happen in our lifetimes. It will happen soon.

So everyone, continue with your diets, supplements, lasers, and creams. One day soon, rosacea will be a history, a dark part in our lives that we will have to remember no more. Praise God.
    Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
    Currently: IPL

Might this be the Sansrosa?

wow, I have to say is the best news as regards to future treatments or meds that I've heard. I hope is true and more updates follow.

This does sound like Sansrosa, or something very similar.

That's the problem. Dr. Nase gives us great news, and it's probably true and accurate, but the updates comes so few and far between that I never know where things stand.

Still, keep watching his site for updates. It's probably the best way to find out about the status now.

you might want want to move this to the news, research and current affairs. I still can't get over this news.

Whatever product it will be, sansrosa or other, once again a message from Dr. Nase has liftet my spirit. Recently it has become quiet around sansrosa and new products. So it's good to see, things are still in progress. And I'm also absolutely happy that Dr. Nase is still working in the rosacea filed. With HIS eager I'm sure that he will come up with something truely helpful for us rosaceans.

Take care all!
    Barbara

It doesn't sound like SansRosa to me, only that the effect is similar. But it's hard to get one's hopes up since nothing ever seems to materialize.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

I can see the side skepticism also. But the part that tipped the scales for me was he did indeed post an article in his future treatments section in June 05 about this type of thing. I'm sure it will still be a while before, if even ever, it is released and if doesn;t I'm sure it will give rise to others like it that will get released.

dawg: I agree. Take this for what it is, and it is very hopeful. Even if this particular product takes a long time to get to market, we know it exists out there, and the pilot studies apparently prove it is successful.

That means one thing to me: somewhere, in some lab, or some facility, the cure exists. Granted, it may take a long time of testing, and a long time of approving, and modifying, before we ever see it. But no matter how sluggish, drug companies are not stupid. They know a drug like this would be a huge money maker. Though bureaucracy may hinder it, capitalism will ultimately help bring the cure.