Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My face

Default My face

Hello

Although I've been posting a while I have never put up a picture of myself. I have attached one to see if it works. It shows my cheek during one of my flairs. Hope it works [img[/img]

Ohh thats rather big, oh well at least it worked. I'm gonna try to upload some more.

This attractive one shos how a small pap can really ruin my day.

This shows me 5 days post IPL after a seb derm flair. Nice

A flush post IPL mixed in with seb derm.

Thanks for sharing your pics.

can I just ask how you know you have seb derm? I thought seb derm skin was flaky but yours doesn't seem to be.
    Female, age 42. Using Zia Fresh Cleansing Gel, emu oil and ZZ cream.

Hi Phlika29,

Thank you for posting your pictures. It's good to see the different "faces" of rosacea. I was wondering if you had perioral derm and then read that you have seb derm. I know that can affect the skin creases. It's a nasty combo to have. There are other folks on the forum that have both Seborrheic Dermatitis and Rosacea, you can check out what they've done for it and what works, or doesn't. The frustrating thing with these skin conditions is that what works for one may not for another. And our facial skin can be so tender.

Best of luck!
    Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.

There is some redness and oiliness in the eye brow area. Is it itchy? I have the same thing, its seems that u have seb derm too. But mild, I believe a good diet can take care of it? How is your diet?
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

well I've just come back from seeing my laser Dr and he confirmed that the redness on the cheeks was a seb derm flair and the area around my mouth was a herpes outbreak. Both of these were brought on by an IPL treament. Normally I have no real evidence of seb derm and have never had any cold sores but there you go.

Diet is healthy if not a stictly a rosacea diet, I avoid dairy, chocoalte and never eat tomatoes, strawberries etc. To be honest I don't remember my eyebrows, I was more distracted by my checks! and once again although my skin is on the dry side I don't normally display any evidence of seb derm.

Thanks for sharing your pics Sarah. Are your cheeks normally that colour or was it just post IPL? How scary that you had a Herpes outbreak after treatment. I wonder why? Did your doc explain this?

Jen

I would say that the second picture down shows my normal resting redness (the one with the papule on my cheek). The very first one shows my usual morning wake up flush. The last two are 4/5 days post IPL and ofcourse with the herpes/seb derm flair so yes they are definately abit redder than normal during a flush.

It does look sore Sarah. Did the doc say why the Herpes/Seb Derm break out happened after treatment, or is this usual? Sorry for the questions, I don't know enough about it.

Have things calmed down a bit for you now?

Jen

Sorry I forgot to answer this part of the question. Any form of light (ie IPL, laser or even strong sunlight) can apparently trigger this type of reaction. I have had laser before and hadn't had any reaction so I was a bit surprised after the IPL. Treament consisted of 1% hydrocortisone cream for a few days, although I know now that zovirex (I haven'tspelled that right ) would also have helped the cold sore stuff.

Took a while for my face to finally calm down but it didn't seem to have any major long term effects.

I just had an ND:Yag treament and am waiting to see if the flair returns (fingers crossed).