Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spray-on skin relieves emotional trauma

Holy crap, that is pretty exciting!

I wonder though, does the micro skin act like an actual barrier to protect against environmental triggers or does it just camoflauge things? Even if it's just the latter it's still pretty impressive, if what they are selling is the real deal.

Any if our Down Under friends going to pop in for a visit? At least you get a free bottle of wine..........

Tricia

Quote Originally Posted by Froggirl
    I'm in Australia so I gave them a call, they are sending me out a DVD and a heap of information about it all and cost etc.
    Hi Froggirl

Did they charge you for the DVD and info? I wouldn't mind having a look-see of what it's all about.

Jen

There was no charge at all for sending out the info. They were very friendly and helpful.

I'll have to wait until i get the info to really understand what they mean but apparently it is nothing like makeup and acts life skin, meaning that it doesn't block the pores or anything and the skin can still breath.

They are also going to try and open clinics in Sydney and Melbourne by the end of this year and if it really takes off in all other capital cities too.

Default Re: Spray-on skin relieves emotional trauma

Quote Originally Posted by Steve95301
    Wonder how realistic this spray-on skin is?

Spray-on Skin Relieves Emotional Trauma For Child Burn Victims

Spray-on skin is helping child burns victims cope with the trauma of scarring, according to a study by University of Queensland researchers at the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane.

A study has shown most children reported an improvement in the appearance of their scars and were happier when they used the product, called Microskin.

The new liquid spray-on skin technology, which binds to the topmost layer of skin, is a world first Australian invention. It is waterproof and sweat-resistant, with one application lasting three to four days.
    In other news, Australia has never invented anything before. Ever.

...is a world first Australian invention.
    From what Iv seen, it is purely a treatment for minimising the scarring in severe burn victims. The scarring is still very nasty, just not quite as bad as it might have been.

BB

Wow, this looks amazing. If they have treated people with rosacea, I wonder if they would ask one of their clients to come to this board and talk about the treatment. Is anyone in Australia thinking of doing this? If it really did cover redness, I wouldn't care if it did cost $3000. Of course I live in Canada, so there would be a very expensive flight to consider as well. Good find, rosacea people Chickie

This really sounds and looks like the thing we've been waiting for.

I'm in Australia, but in Sydney not Brisbane unfortunately, but I am keen to look into it more, and possibly give it a go if it all sounds good and if I can get enough money together a bit down the track.

Hopefully they open up the other clinic in Sydney by the end of the year too.

Man!

If this is the real deal, it could change my life. I want to add a few big concerns before going into hysterics though:

1) I wonder if it is possible to tell that you've got this "fake" skin on from up close?

After all, if it really worked as well as they claim, wouldn't there before and after pics shoot the subject in precisely the same pose under precisely the same light so that you could rigorously examine them? I hope it's just bad marketing and nothing more.

2) I wonder why they don't describe the application process?

Again, I hope the complete lack of information on the application process in their website can be tied down to bad marketing, and not the intentional avoidance of an uncomfortable truth.

P.S. I don't mean to be a downer here, and my points are probably moot, but I wanted to get it off my chest.

I finally received the information pack in the mail.

It does look really good. I still don't quite get it but it states again and again that this is not makeup but stimulated skin.

How Microskin is different to other camouflage products:

Microskin is not a cream, microskin is a spray on liquidised, stimulated skin that binds to the epidermis and offers aid in protecting sun and other light sensative skin conditions. Microskin breathes and does not have the thick, makeup feeling or appearance as some other 'camouflage' products.
    It's also waterproof and last for a few days. It can be taken off or will wear off on it's own after a few days. It also says that it's ideal for men as it does not look like makeup.

I feel pretty positive about the future for us with rosacea, seems like theyre will be quite a few products and treatments for us during the coming years!

the best news i've heard this year! i wish it was easier to get ahold of this product though....if someone could try this and report back it would be great!
    Great find!!!