Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Melbourne doctors

I know this thread is old but I'm in Melbourne.

I saw a dermatologist in Clifton Hill a few years ago, Barbara Breadon, because I had random cystic acne. Not pattern to it, up to 10-15 breakouts at a time. I had no other skin conditions at the time. She wanted to get me on Roaccutane and have chemical peels

Instead, a naturopath put me on premular to help with my hormones and I stopped consuming all soy which was messing with my hormones. Problem cleared up like magic.

Exclamation Dr philip bekhor

I have seen Dr Philip Bekhor,(Melbourne), couple of times for Rosacea for which I was treated with Roaccutane, successfully back in 2006. The last time I saw him was in 2009. I have had laser treatment with v-beam laser for mild Rosacea which was performed by nurse. Dr Bekhor did not perfrom the laser treatment on the 3 occasions that I had visited the clinic. He recruits nurses to perform the laser. Dr Bekhor is expensive and rushed as he has too many patients to attend to. I did not get anything back from Medicare. I have to say that he is overrated and not worth the wait. The receptionists at Dr Philip Bekhor's clinic can be abrupt at times. Since then I have found a dermatologist who performs the laser treatments and I was able to claim back from Medicare.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSA FREE View Post
    I have seen Dr Philip Bekhor,(Melbourne), couple of times for Rosacea for which I was treated with Roaccutane, successfully back in 2006. The last time I saw him was in 2009. I have had laser treatment with v-beam laser for mild Rosacea which was performed by nurse. Dr Bekhor did not perfrom the laser treatment on the 3 occasions that I had visited the clinic. He recruits nurses to perform the laser. Dr Bekhor is expensive and rushed as he has too many patients to attend to. I did not get anything back from Medicare. I have to say that he is overrated and not worth the wait. The receptionists at Dr Philip Bekhor's clinic can be abrupt at times. Since then I have found a dermatologist who performs the laser treatments and I was able to claim back from Medicare.
    Hi there, Rosa Free!

You say you found someone else? Who was that? I've been to see one of Dr Bekhor's associates and with my VBeam have only been able to claim on the consultation. Interested to hear your story on your treatments, where they were and the results!

Thanks!

Default Be careful - your "doctor" may be committing Medicare fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerwinthelot View Post
    Hi there, Rosa Free!

You say you found someone else? Who was that? I've been to see one of Dr Bekhor's associates and with my VBeam have only been able to claim on the consultation. Interested to hear your story on your treatments, where they were and the results!

Thanks!
    I have been having my rosacea managed over the years by Dr Bekhor at Laser Dermatology. It was explained to me that Medicare is very strict about item numbers for facial redness because they think it's a cosmetic problem. That is SO unfair but he is not prepared to break the law to give me a fee that gets me money back. That is one of the reasons he has trained registered nurses to do the treatments - apart from them being very experienced it keeps the cost down. I Know it's a busy clinic but it's busy because he is good at what he does. I'm very happy with Dr Bekhor and his team.