Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My photos

Default My photos

I've hunted around for a good (clear) photo of me before I had rosacea and I'm afraid that this is the best I could come up with. I had to enlarge it so it's gone grainy. I am wearing make-up too:

The next two were taken just a few days ago and I am wearing no make-up. Kind of terrifying seeing my skin in such close up!! They were taken on different days. Note the red splodge on my left cheek:

and

Can anyone give me some opinions on what type of rosacea this is and what the degree is? Also, any recommendations for this particular type would be most welcome.
    Female, age 42. Using Zia Fresh Cleansing Gel, emu oil and ZZ cream.

No one got any comments? Do you think this is definitely rosacea or could it be seb derm? Or both?

We seem to have the same skin of nose. It looks like seb derm. But you have red patches on your fac instead of spread redness. Do you flush, blush easily and frequently, does it burn?
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    We seem to have the same skin of nose. It looks like seb derm. But you have red patches on your fac instead of spread redness. Do you flush, blush easily and frequently, does it burn?
    It never burns. I never blush. I have had a few uncomfortable flushes after drinking hot coffee. I stopped the coffee and the flushing stopped.

Hi

The pictures are a bit close-up to really tell. From what I can see I would say that your skin looks fine, if its rosacea it's very mild. Have you been diagnosed?

Could you post another further away, showing whole of face?

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by phlika29
    Hi

The pictures are a bit close-up to really tell. From what I can see I would say that your skin looks fine, if its rosacea it's very mild. Have you been diagnosed?

Could you post another further away, showing whole of face?

Sarah
    I'll try to get a better picture.

I was diagnosed about 10 weeks ago. I had an area of redness and P&P. My doctor gave me antibiotics and the P&P cleared up really quickly. Based on this success she diagnosed rosacea. the redness hasn't gone entirely but it gets better every day. I am seeing broken blood vessels now though where the redness has been. (I have been off the antibiotics for two weeks now.)

I don't think that it's a coincidence that I developed patches of eczema and psoriasis on my legs, seb derm on my scalp and another chronic skin condition, that I can't even remember the name of, in my ears, ALL AT THE SAME TIME that I developed this rosacea rash. I have mild forms of all of these but I am sure that my skin just "gave up" because of the stress that I was under.

My advice would be to try to heal yourself holistically as I think there is much you cando to avoid making the issue worse. By that I mean try to look at your diet, how much water you are drinkin, herbal supplements.

If I were you I would take some acidophilis tablets, pygenerol/grape seed extract (to strengthen capillaries), try cutting out dairy, chocolate and all the usual baddies, drink lots of water.

I only wash with water as my face can't tolerate anything strong, but you should be careful if your doctor has prescribed steroids as this can make your rosacea worse in the longrun.

Anyway I probably telling you stuff you already know.

Post those other photos

sarah

Hi Quench

It is difficult to tell so close up. Can you try taking a photo outside in natural lighting? Not so the sun is shining on your face but so that you don't need to use a flash. This might make it easier to see what you are dealing with.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Your skin looks alot like mine, only mine is a little worse on the nose. My right cheek isn't really bad at all, but for some reason, my left one gets little red patches like the one you have. I've been told I have SD too, which is starting to act up with the now cooler weather. Pisses me off to no end. I just want to go one day without even thinking about my face

Hi Quench,

It's a shame that everything hit you at once! How is your treatment going these days? Is your skin clearing?

Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.