Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: beating seb derm

Default beating seb derm

What would be a broad treatment approach to seb derm? I have rosacea as well and seb derm began to be important for me as it progressed.

A good diet: no yugurt, cheese, milk, beer, wheat, diary foods, etc
    drinking lemon/water, green tea

Supplements: zinc, fish oil, borage oil.....

Shampoo: zinc pry.... (for scalp)

A little sun helps maybe

What about redness, orange texture, flaking, greasiness on the nose, hair line and forehead? How am I suppose to treat them without irritating my rosacea which seems not to tolerate most products.

Instead of using a seb derm friendly cleanser, maybe its a better idea to find a topical to use on those particular areas? Any input greatly appreciated...
    Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Hi,
    For topicals, I am at the moment using the Cool calm and corrected from www.dermadoctor.com in the day, and in the evening I use both the CCC and the extra strength version DRL from www.cutanix.com
    These work better than the topicals I have used before. They do not provide a cure, but together with a good diet and a little sun they work ok.
    At the moment I am experimenting with adding white liquorice powder (you can get it from www.skinactives.com) to the CCC. This will enhance the anti-inflammatory effect is the rationale.

But the latest news ffrom me is that I have ordered the Syed green tea cream from www.syedbeauty.com , and will get it in the mail in a couple of days. I have good expectations about that topical, as my friend from sweden says it has worked well for him, and also some other people here on this forum. The most promising effect of this cream is that it has anti-acne propeties on par with benzoyl peroxide but it has anti-inflammatory effects as well, so it might work to reduce both sebum and dampen inflammation, which is what you would be looking for in seb derm treatments. This cream is also designed for rosacea, so maybe it is worth trying. A bit expensive though.

Anyways, best wishes to you. I will report how the cream works when I start using it.

What would you recommend for SD of the scalp?

I am not sure what to suggest for scalp seb derm. I do not have seb derm other places than in a butterfly pattern around my nose, but I do use the sensitive version of the Head and Shoulders shampoo, and it works well for dandruff. But for inflammation, I do not know.
    Someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotCanuck
    What would you recommend for SD of the scalp?
    I use polytar shampoo very now and then - maybe twice a week. It seems to keep it at bay. So does Nizoral but it's more expensive. Anti-dandruff shampoos don't work for me.
    Female, age 42. Using Zia Fresh Cleansing Gel, emu oil and ZZ cream.

I have had GREAT success with Loprox Shampoo (ciclopirox 1%)!

In between the Loprox 2x/week shampooings, I use Pert Dandruff Shampoo. It's important to let the shampoos sit on your scalp for 3 minutes before rinsing. I find I have better success when I "pre-shampoo" with a regular gentle shampoo, immediately rinse, then use the Loprox or Pert. I think it clears away the oil, so the dandruff shampoos can get to the scalp more readily--my theory. With this method, I am now able to wash my hair every other day, instead of having to do it every day.

i have a couple times in my life where i had the big flakes on my scalp..very difficult to get rid of. i am just now learning it may have been sub derm since i just figured that i have subderm on my face, not rosacea. what i used to get rid of the sub derm on my scalp was BABY OIL. i wouldnt dare put baby oil on my face but it was the only thing that made it go away on my scalp. it was kinda messy and my mom had to do it for me, she used a Q-tip to rub it in.
    -ray

Don't you just love mums, the things they do for love

Hi, just to save a new thread I thought I would ask my questions here aswell.
    Just recently I found seb derm sprouting up on my (really quite quickly) but I have had dermatitis in my ear canal for over a year (freeking weird no?), anyway I was just wondering if using a steroid cream for my ears will affect the rosacea on my face?

Also, recently I have found a lot of flaking around my eye lids and brows, is there anyway to treat this toppically since it's in such a sensitive area?

Although it shouldn't affect the rosacea on your face you need to be careful as skin on ears is very thin and I'm sure its not meant to be used in the ear canal.

Have you tried Jojoba oil at all (for your eye are) If you don't react to it it definately helps calm the seb derm and is natural enough to put mear eyes.

Sarah