Thread: Red light??

Default Red light??

Is the red light really a good investment?? The led I am looking at is 300$
    I just hate to waste money on something that does not work. Rosacea has cost me enough over the years, some wisely spent(IPL), some just thrown away.

Hi there,

I have spent hours going through the archived posts on this forum regarding the red light (LED) therapy and doing searches on the Internet. From what I've read so far there really is no down side to this. My caveat would be: We are all different so it may or may not be effective.

From what I've read combined with the personal testimonials from users on this site I have ordered a unit. David has instructions to make your own which is very effective and gives you a lot more value for your money. Peter has used this technology for years, both fellows have used different types of units. They have alot of informative posts on the subject.

Good luck!
    Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.

Default Re: Red light??

Quote Originally Posted by hump180
    I just hate to waste money on something that does not work. Rosacea has cost me enough over the years, some wisely spent(IPL), some just thrown away.
    Yes, it is.

PM me if you'd like instructions on how to build your own unit.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Hi Hump

The Derm I saw a while back told me that he has a red LED machine in his office in the city (I live in remote Australia). He challenged me to try his machine to see if my Rosacea would get better. It's interesting that he has a red light machine in the hospital he works out of and I'm not sure what he uses it for on his patients. I assume that it is for wound healing. Strange that he hasn't done more research into it for Rosacea but he was confident that at least it would not harm my skin...he just wasn't sure if it would help. I live too far away to go in every day so I got my own to use at home and I love it.

I have been a bit slack of late but my skin really hankers for it now, if I go without. For me, it's been a great investment. If you lived close to me, you would be welcome to try mine.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Hi Jen

Bad girl

Don't get lazy and try and use it everyday. I know it can be difficult some days with your kids etc but try and keep it up. After a year or so then you can relax and miss days or even use it every other day or every three days if you are getting good results.

Bye

Peter

Default Re: Red light??

Quote Originally Posted by IowaDavid
    Quote Originally Posted by hump180
    Yes, it is.

PM me if you'd like instructions on how to build your own unit.
    Exactly what are the benefit's of using a red light set up?

Do a search for archived posts, but, what I notice is it reduces redness and one's propensity toward flushing. I think this comes from its anti-inflammatory action; also, it increases collagen production. Not sure on papules and pustules, but if it would make sense that as you reduce flushing, your papules and pustules will go down.

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.