Thread: turns out I don't have rosacea at all, its SD

Default turns out I don't have rosacea at all, its SD

so a chick in wicklow st beatuy clinic told me I had rosacea and my gp presribed meds for rosacea, but now I my first visit to an atual derm i'm told I have SD, and rosacea is very very mild it at all, she said its hard to tell until the SD clears up.

So I've to use nizarol shampoo and then some other anti fungal cream, I'm optimistic for results as I never been treated for SD just rosacea for 2 years so minimal clearance or any redness or anything.

I wonder if this mis dianosis is common between SD and rosacea.?

Could that I can use glcolic and all again, and normal face wash.

Hi
    Well, rosacea and seb derm are like cousins, but seb derm will often be in the t-zone area and the skin will have increased sebum output and in these areas there might be infmallation with redness and itching, large pores, some times flaking. Rosacea could have more pastules and also can involve the blood vessels. There could also be reaction to spicy foods etc that gives redness and burning.

In any event, I would be careful with immediately assuming that since you have seb derm you can expose the skin to harsh treatments. I would say, do not use facial cleansers, glycolic acids etc because the skin will just produce more sebum and this will not improve the seb derm, and it will give you more acne if there is a disposition.

I would say start to press the juice of one lemon in the morning and one in the evening and drink this. You could also try pure aloe vera juice, 25-30 ml morning and evening.

FGor me personally, diet will greatly affect my seb derm since it regulates sebum and inflammation. But this might be too much to ask. My own diet will consist of fish for dinner with brown rice or some other whole grain carb, vegetables, whole grain bread with sardines, mackerel, clean chicken meat, some fruit. I have cut out dairy completely and I never drink alcohol or smoke or drink coffee. This has improved my skin.
    Be aware that if you can not eat this and be satisfied, then it might not be worth it.

As for topicals, I find the cutanix DRL (extra s or sensitive skin version to be helpful) together with the CCC from dermadoctor. The CCC is a good day cream because it does not make the skin oily at all.
    www.syedbeauty.com has a cream that has gotten good reports, it is expensive, but dr syed is very helpful and friendly and he is a professor of dermatology. you could send him and e-mail with pictures etc and he will give you an evaluation of how he thinks the cream will work.

anyways, best wishes

I visited Dr. Syed's site and he states that his cream will absolutely cure Rosacea. Permanently.

Happiness is a choice.

twinkle, I know it is a bold statement, but in any event, I will let you know how the cream works for my seb derm. It was shipped yesterday, so should get it next week or so.
    I have a friend who says it worked very well for his seb derm, so I have no problem trying it in any event.
    Have a nice day

Good luck with this Buster!

I hope it works for you. Please let us know!!

Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.