Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying Calm, Cool, and Corrected

Default Trying Calm, Cool, and Corrected

I just got this stuff yesterday from dermadoctor.com (boy this stuff is expensive) so im trying it out. If it doesnt show any improvement within a weeks time im sending it for my refund but so far it isnt bad. I do tend to have extremely dry skin and this stuff seems to be for oily skin so that might be the deal breaker but yesterday I used it and I did see some noticeable reduction in redness upon application. My face did get a little more pink but maybe that was because it was my workout day and I just cant live without that. Anyhow, other than the smell of this stuff and the price, I think this product might be a winner but I wont say for sure just yet. If anyone has used this stuff I would like to hear how it worked for you. Anyhow, ill keep you all posted

I have been using the CCC in the day and the ccc and the cutanix in the night for a long time. I think the CCC is a very good cream. Diet and sleep etc will be more important, but the CCC is the best I have tried so far.
    No I am going to try mixing wjite liquorice extract in the CCC and see how that works,

best wishes

I've been using this for the last 3 or 4 days, and while it feels good and does not irritate I do actually think it is making my rosacea/seb derm around my nose more redder, hence this is not working? or should I give it more time.

Is is very expensive, probabely pay an extra 10 for the class container...
    I find the smell is quite neutral I have to say, not to bad at all.

I picked up nivea extra soothing moisterizer the other day too so am going to switch over if I don't see results in anothr 4/5 days.

This user has been banned from this forum

I would never buy anything from dermadoctor. First their prices are most of the time astronomical and second I know they 'doctor' their reviews. Just look at the reviews - not a single negative, how is that possible? I tried serveral times to post critical reviews of their products, needless to say, they weren't posted.

The 'Calm Cool and Corrected' is simply put overpriced cream with a few antioxidants and self mattifying silicone base: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer. I know that base pretty well cause my silicone mattifier (Monistat powder gel) contains it. It DOES NOT reduce sebum production, it just masks the oil and makes face look normal.

The other ingredients in the cream are 'beneficial' but don't expect resolution of rosacea or acne. Practically you are paying $85 / 1.5 oz for a silicone makeup with a bunch of antioxidants ... The real production cost of the cream is probably not more than $2 / oz.

Bottom line is: if you like the mattifying effect, buy a mattifier - Monistat sells for $8 / 1.5 oz = $5.3 /oz and does the same job as 'Calm Cool and Corrected'.

Hi,
    I don`t know about the CCC being a scam.
    Here are the active ingredients:
    Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid and Oleanolic Acid effectively help reduce visible signs of acne.

Sebum Sequestering Micro-Particles, a form of polymer technology, help absorb excess surface skin oils without causing skin dryness.

Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Vera, Chamomile Extract, Squalane and Shea Butter protect and hydrate delicate, sensitive skin often associated with rosacea without exacerbating acne in those prone to oiliness.

White Tea, the most potent antioxidant form of tea extract, Superoxide Dismutase and Vitamin E fight free radical damage and help in skin rejuvenation.
    ----

I stated that I have not found a better cream than this, and that is true. Of course, it is expensive, probably over expensive, but the cutanix cream is also expensive, so is the syed green tea cream. I also agree about the reviews for the CCC. They are all very positive, but do you think they would use negative reviews for their own cream? You should rather go to epinions or some place to see what people really think.

But if you want to buy a very cheap cream, please do, but it might not be the best you can get.
    Just a mattifyer will probably just irritate the skin.
    What you could do is go to www.skinactives.com and purchase all the active ingredients and compose your own cream.

best wishes

This user has been banned from this forum

The only ingredients with possible anti-acne action are Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid and Oleanolic Acid although it don't know how well tested in practice the research behind them is . The claim is that :
    http://www.dermaxime.co.za/ingredients/cr_ac.htm
    The oleanolic acid inhibits the 5-alpha reductase in order to fight hyper-seborrhea and the NDGA is a cell growth regulator which is used to inhibit hyper-keratosis and inflammation.
    Translated in plain english, inhibition of 5-alhpa reductase reduces the oil production, your face becomes less oily and less acne-prone. Hyper keratosis leads to clogging the folicules (pores) so it's inhibition means less white and black heads.

The specific combo of NDGA and Oleanolic acid has a trade name of AC.NET. Here is the USA patent 20040254245:
    http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...DN/20040254245
    Here is the advertisement pdf (takes some time to download):
    http://www.newfreshstart.com/studies/ac-net.pdf

Simply search with google for products containing the acid combo:
    A much cheaper product, MCP Acne Clear, containing both can be found at :
    http://www.greatamericanproducts.com...MCP_Acne_Clear
    The price is $16/oz, nothing compared to the balooned CCC.

Another one is Acne Active Hydrator:
    http://www.dermanew.com/product_Acne...rator_7511.htm

The Canadian Purely simple skin care are even cheaper:
    http://www.caeran.com/products/CAN/ps-skinCare.htm

---------------------------------------------------

The Sebum Sequestering Micro-Particles in CCC is the silicone gum Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer. It is very high in the ingredient list so the concentration is big. The same silicone is contained in Monistat powder gel plus some vitamin E. Monistat would be as irritable/nonirritable as CCC. To me it is totally none irritable. Monistat is sold as 'chaffing relief protective gel' not as a mattifier but it contains just the right silicones.

The other stuff in CCC like the antioxidants is OK but everybody knows that it has nothing to do with resolving acne/rosacea and is put for 'label value' to convince the customer that CCC is worth the astronomical price.

buster, i just wanted to say you seem very helpful here, very sweet too. tamara

Thank you, Tamara. I appreciate that. You sound like a nice person, too. You seem to be a warm and careing person. I wish you all the best.

The latest for me is that I have started using the prosacea gel for my seb derm. It works well. I have also found a girl, so I can say that I have someone special in my heart. This is very good news.
    I have been trying to include dairy and a few other things to my diet, since it kind of complicates things having to restrict my diet when I am with my girl. But it looks like dairy is out of bounds for me, since I am reacting to it. Or it might be the exfol serum I have been trying the last couple of days. It is drying out the skin it seems.

So maybe I`ll just stop using it.

Other than that the winter is mild at the moment here.

Best wishes

Hey Buster, thats great to hear. Just in case you dont know chedder cheese is the highest cheese in histamine, big nono for rosaceans. Some other dairy is difficult for sure, just make sure you are getting enough calcium lol. I am sure popsicules agree with our rosacea. haha
    Anyway, ive seen many of your posts and you are a gentleman. Very nice. You have a nice picture too, I am sure everything will work out with your woman, as long as she has a heart like you. I am taking the z cream and it is very effective. I will be at 120 days(and counting) and then on the maintenance program, but I am very happy with it so far, and its the best thing ive ever used. The prosacea I tried, after 2 days had to stop, very bad skin eruption and tiny papules everywhere, I still have it in my cupboard if you want it. I live in canada, luv tamara

Hi.
    Thanks for the reply.
    About the z cream. Is it suitable for oily skin? I mean, does it make the face shiny etc? I see it has salicylic acid also and menthol. I am a little surprised this is a gentler product than the Prosacea.
    Interesting. Is it acnegenic in any way?

Thank you Tamara,
    Mads