12 33.33%
  • I might consider it, most likely a no at this time

10 27.78%
  • Not for me at all

6 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rosaceans: Face to Face

Default Rosaceans: Face to Face

Ok, I know this sounds way out there but I've been thinking about this.

Wouldn't it be great to get a bunch of us together in one spot so that we could talk face to face? Yeah, well, at least WE know what to expect!!!

I am trying to think of a place that would be the closest for most. Of course, for me, I would have to travel long distance to anywhere from Australia, even within Australia (unless you all come to my town! LOL) But given a goal to save some money, I would love to give this a shot.

For those with a family (like myself) it could be planned as a family holiday and I will make sure it is family oriented. For the younger folk and those who are young at heart (LOL also like myself) there could be other 'adventures' to be had.

I would be happy to coordinate such a feat! Also to rally volunteers to come on board to make this a success.

Perhaps in 2007 or 2008 we could meet in a 'central' location, or one that is cheap enough for most to get to. We could consider Asia or Hawaii, perhaps California or New York? Personally, I like the idea of somewhere in Asia, not only because it is closer to me but the prices when you are there are very cheap. So the outlay of an airfare is the biggest part for many and the spending money would be kept to a minimal. Any other location ideas are welcomed. Just to keep in mind the travelling expenses of most and the cost of things at the location.

I used to be a Travel Manager and have coordinated large travel groups in the past, however, this would be something far bigger than I have dealt with before. My largest group was just over 70 and I ended up travelling with them. Still, I am prepared to put the volunteer hours in, if there are enough folks interested.

We could invite people to speak at the 'conference' and perhaps have a display pavilion of recommended Rosacea products (with free samples). This could include pharmaceutical companies promoting their latest topical or systemic medication to natural remedies, supplements and so on. The list is endless really. I mean, we could incorporate something like relaxation classes, where for 1/2 an hour you lay down and relax. Also maybe one of those 'team building' routines. Yes, I know that sounds weird but the point being that you have to get OUT there and work with each other for the ultimate goal - Rosacea Free!

If this does go ahead, this will be a huge under taking for me, so I want to put the initial idea out there for feedback.

Ok, so who's IN? Who's got some ideas for me? Who's going to dump my idea flat and spit the dummy big time? LOL

The idea is now out there. Your effort will be to save some money for a holiday! Mine will be to make sure it will be a fantastic time for all and educational for us Rosaceans at the same time!

Right oh...let me have it....

Jen

Hi Jen

I think it is a great idea. I have 2 and soon 3 children so might be difficult for long haul flights,

Hawaii or California sound good although New York would be the best and easiest for me. Long way for you though.

Bad luck in the footie by the way, divers.

Simon
    Rosacea with deep P & Ps for 10 years. Minocin works. ZZ cream has worked on P and Ps so far!

Thanks Simon

I try to remain positive and pro-active here! Can't always but I do try!

Sport! Arrggh! Australia is out with soccer. That's about all I know.

Jen

Indeed this is a good idea, me and the mrs would have earn't a holiday around about that time...

I personally would like somewhere like Asia, whereby there are lots of things to do and see rather that sitting on a beach, or obvious reasons.

But a good idea, lets see how it pans out.

Spence

hi jen, what a great idea. i would help you coordinate it. i think this would be beneficial to everyone. i am most certainly in in in in in . brilliant. you go girl.

Yes, I love the idea too! I've even thought about it myself recently. But you beat me to it, Jen! NYC would be the closest and the easiest for me since I have a toddler. (Just flew in to the city yesterday a.m. and was back in the p.m. after an IPL consult/testing.) Would be willing to help you as well!
    Tanya

Would some sort of webcam round table be possible?

Just throwing it out there. We have VTCs at work (Video TeleConferences, not to insult anybody's intelligence), and those are so productive. It really is true that you get a LOT of work done when talking in "real time".

Another idea, and forgive me if this exists on this site and I just don't know about it, is a weekly or every-so-often online chat session. I've seen other forums with this, and it also works quite well.

Either way, talking in person as the idea of this thread suggests, anybody can go off into conversations with any number of attendees rather than a single person "owning the mic", and only talking about one topic. And this makes it easy for any number of the group to talk about different topics at a time. But online chat does this, too. You just have to choose the person(s) and the topic you want to talk about, and stick with that conversation. Does that make sense?

You know, I just thought of this, and maybe this exists, too, but I've never seen it: They should have it where you can chat online, but open a new window/multiple windows for each topic of discussion.

Like I have a lot of *ideas* on how to better treat rosacea. Well, they aren't all original. Dr. Nase mentioned, for example, injecting something into the blood stream that is more likely to photocoagulate just before a laser or IPL treatment. Things like that, that nobody seems to discuss further.

Anyway, any comments on the idea of either a chat room or a webcam session? I don't have a webcam. I'm thinking a webcam is overkill.

I don't have the cash to spend to travel overseas, or, really, to the coasts of the US. But it would be cool to meet people from here--that's why I posted in the regional forum about midwesterners.

I'd say have a champagne party and go hottubbing, but, that would be a...horrible...idea.
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Thanks for the feedback and offers of help. Brilliant! Will just have to see what the numbers are like before planning anything concrete.

I like the idea of a hook up via VTC or phone. There are chat rooms that you can talk in real time but the last time I tried it, I wasn't able to set my computer up properly. This was however several years ago and I now have a faster computer and no doubt technology has improved. I do remember the on-line chat was a tad slow and you could get delayed replies. I'm sure it's better now, I just don't know the new technology.

I like the idea of talking about one topic at a time and having a mic owner. This way, the agenda will be kept to.

Top idea Tod! Will have to ask some questions at my local phone office and see what they have for suggestions.

I have been invited to phone hook ups before. You are given a number to dial in plus an access code. I haven't participated in one yet, due to the time differences but I would be willing to get up early or dial in late at night if it is a better time for the majority.

Oh, at work, we used to have a daily phone hook up. We had this little...ummm...I'm not sure what it's called. Anyway, we would ring all the mine sites, hook them in and away we would go. I'll have a look at how much one of those might cost.

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Those telephone hookups are great. I was invited to one by some friends in America. One of their compaines had an account with MeetingPlace a telephone confrencing system. It was great it was just like an online forum. You can talk in the main line or talk to someone privatley like PM's.

I do have a VMB that I don't use. It has two numbers a UK freephone 0800 number and a US freephone 1-800 number. But you cannot talk real time so it would be just leave a message and listen to the other msg's. Also if you are not from the UK or the US it would cost to ring it.

James