Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: seborrheic dermatitis gene identified by Israeli researchers

Quote Originally Posted by coopx View Post
    I dont beleive with the genetics too, Why i am the only one in the family that has SD, even our relative doesnt have it and i am wondering why i got this disease since i havent took any antibiotics , except when i was 6-7 years old. (i got SD when i was 25, im 27 now)

I still beleive there is a Cure on this skin condtinion, hopefully soon.

Jollie hows your paleo diet, any change on your sd?

Hey Coopx,
    What was your lifestyle.. did you took any other oral drugs.. or lots of protein shakes..
    something which upsaid the intestinal track? think! Did you had a samonella infection or any other related with your intestines.. About the diet.. I am following the bodyecology diet by now.. a kind of Paleo but with some kind of good grains.. I lost to much weight. On paleo I could devenitely see a change in SD on the better way.. My stool goes better lately as well.. so it took me almost a year.. I am cheating lately the last month and this month also.. but in January I make a new start and won't cheat anymore.. Now I did see someone on the acne.org/ site got better of SD for longer periods by doing colonix.. so I see more people having some successes.. Of course there can be more factors laying on the start of SD.. IME it is the colon.
    I know it is a really nasty disease.. only the people who have it do understand this.

enjoy the coming days..

Default what about genes.. watch this..

Hi.. I came up the following.. watch from 12 min. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvA55xj8iMI from the china study.. he thinks as well that genes are not the root cause! and that every disease is reversable

Quote Originally Posted by joellie View Post
    Hi.. I came up the following.. watch from 12 min. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvA55xj8iMI from the china study.. he thinks as well that genes are not the root cause! and that every disease is reversable

forgot this one!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlK6s...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by elhenko View Post
    How is your seb derm now skinhead? Do you manage to controll it?

Me myself have given up all selftreating and am listening to my derm now starting with Pevisone today. I need something that works, hope for some more good years before it get worse. I have ordered some omega 6 (borage oil) and omega 3 aswell.

It would be really nice if you could put information if you find any new reaserch about how to fight this SD.

Default Who Knows

Some are discussing the genetic blue print of DNA as if it is the epi-genetic expression and vice versa. It is very confusing and muddled.

DNA is a blue print the bit of paper with the plan on it - epi-genetic is the builders using the plan (it is not the same system). Even more confusing is based on many environmental factors the builders work differently on the same plan. You can see why only OBVIOUS genetic disease with a glaring big mark on the plan have been discovered thus far.

We need to be careful here we do not know if Seb Derm is genetic, epi-genetic, fungal - WE DO NOT KNOW YET! Everything is speculation with Seb Derm (that is the problem with it). Lumping Seb & Psoriasis together is a big leap. We now know eczema is caused by a genetic blip and it is not related to Seb and P. So all dermatitis probably does not share a common pathway. So how can two conditions look a like so much. This may be answered in that P is a genuine genetic plan mistake (mutation whatever) so when the epi genetic system rolls it rolls P into action (variations could be different mutations of the same gene I guess who knows). Seb could mimic P by a fungus causing the epi-genetic system to react in a like manner. P could be genetic and Seb epi-genetic. This research does not separate this stuff out anywhere near enough but it is a starting point for sure. However it needs to be understood so therapy can be designed. I would hunch on Seb being epi-genetic due to the obvious immune, sebaceous gland, fluid and fungal involvement (too much going on for one gene mutation on the plan). Something that fungus does creates a form of P and gets in the way of proper gene expression. I do not think it is a permanent thing like a mutation as the fungus remains and is improved with ketoconazole often. If Seb was truly genetic blu print stuff why do so many immune compromised people have it? They can't all have had a mutation surely....

Speculation is the problem we have and I just added to it. ;)