Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun - what do i do

Default Sun - what do i do

As said before my early rosacea was about 1/10 when i look back, but didnt know it was rosacea. One bout of sun, severely burnt my face and took it to 10/10. Because of this i am suffereing today, even 5 seconds sun burns like somones placed a spoon from a cup of tea on my face. What in gods name do i do about this, i cant live my life like this...please any advice

For now, make sure you are applying sunscreen daily! In the long term, you should really look into IPL. Very beneficial treatment for me and it is perfect for sun damage.

I wont patronise you by making out that 'understand' where you're at, because I am no where near as reactive to the sun. But I have found that using Clinique's Supercity Block has enabled me to tolerate outside environments very well. With no block, I used to flush after any significant time outside. Now I have all but completely ruled out this flush.

So definately give this stuff a try if you havent already, its get a BB's thumbs up rating of 10/10!

BB

I am going to second the suggestion to look at IPL as it did help with the burning.

Get your skin as calm as you can and find an excellent doc.

I no longer react to the sun since being on the Candida Diet and doing red light therapy at home. It's all good! My face is way less sensitive, far fewer p&p and hardly any more flushing. My face doesn't burn anymore and no more swelling or throbbing like it used to do. I can now eat some of my trigger foods without flushing (I haven't tested them all yet). It takes a bit of dedication but has worked for me so far.

Good luck James!

Jen
    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Yes this is a big problem for me as well..I can't do anything outdoors without getting flushed out. I can't have a normal life like this i'll look into IPL as soon as I find a way to calm this **** down, maybe the clonidine will help.

Quote Originally Posted by volcomStone
    Yes this is a big problem for me as well..I can't do anything outdoors without getting flushed out. I can't have a normal life like this i'll look into IPL as soon as I find a way to calm this **** down, maybe the clonidine will help.
    volcom,

IPL has been the ONLY thing to calm down my Rosacea.

After I had my 8 IPL's I can now go out in the sun for the first summer in 2 years. I mean, I could before but it really brought it out. I can't stress enough how much the combo of using accutane followed by IPL has help my skin. I have a nice lite brown tan on my face for the first time in years, and don't burn in the sun like I used to on my face anymore. I do make sure I put on my "Vanicream" sunblock on if I'm going to be outside for a while.

Hi Canada Dude, so you'd say that after taking accutane and the IPL treatments you're in remission from rosacea??

IPL had the opposite effect for me (made me more sunlight reactive) but I have found my skin benefited recently by puting on Avene sunscreen every day first thing (regardless of whether its sunny outside or not), then my camouflage makeup (also contains sunscreen) and wearing a sunblock hat every time I step outdoors.

You need to find a sunscreen that doens't irritate you though and that can be very tough. I'm finding Avene the best so far for me but I think it's very personal and there's no way round shelling out lots of money and trying them all out. If your face hates them, at least you can slather them on the rest of your body.