Thread: specialty compound for Rosacea+seb derm

Default specialty compound for Rosacea+seb derm

Hello. has anyone tried the special compound dr.nase recommends in his book of: 2% colloidal sulfur and 5% sodium sulfacetamide in Noritate cream? he states he has "excellent" results in decreasing inflammatory lessions and redness, with no irritation or dryness... I have this compound and started it tonight, mainly for my seborrheic dermatitis that I have in addition to the rosacea. other than a slight sulfur smell it has and the way it tarnishes my silver jewelry, it seems to work great for my rosacea/seb derm... I think itll be a much better option for me than the rosacea-ltd III cause it wont dry out/sting/irritate my face at all. Plus I think i'd get self conscious about always having something on my face when in public, like you have to do with rosacea-ltd..

Could you keep us updated abouth your results with this product , that would be great
    Thanks
    Patrice

Is that something you have to get specially made by a compound pharmacy??

Default specialty compound

yes it is. your derm has to call it into a compounding pharmacy, every city has em. those ingredients get compounded into the noritate cream, that is IF you dont mind being on an antibiotic cream AND arent allergic to the sulfacetamide...

Mike

Default rosacea/seb derm specialty compound

hello all. I briefly tried the Rosacea-ltd product, but did NOT enjoy it. 1) I dont like leaving stuff on my skin when out, it felt grainy on my face and looking closely I could see it. 2) it kinda made my face sting and dry out

it just does not seem as gentle as the special compound I am starting to use now of 2% colloidal sulfur + 5% sodium sulfacetamide in Noritate 1% cream.. this feel much gentler to me, can be applied before bed and washed off in morning, no drying or irritating thus far, and might be very effective for my rosacea/seb derm combo.. dr.nase said this topical was "extremely" effective on his face, for not only the bumps, but also the redness... I will keep you all posted, anyone else tried it??

Mike

Default Rosacea/seb derm topical

Hi all. Just wanted to update my use with the sulfur/sulfacetamide in Noritate cream compound ive been using for my rosacea/seb derm combo on my face(that dr.nase uses successfully and recommends in his book). I believe it is working quite well, this is proven in studies that 2 first line topicals, especially metronidazole combined with sulfur-sulfacetamide in conjunction give a much more additive benefit, than one or the other alone, especially in a leave on formulation, as opposed to the sulfur/sulfacetamide cleansers like plexion etc.. read this article for more info, it is very well done:
    http://rosacea.derm.net.au/treatments/medicalt.html

It seemed that my face was getting bumps out of nowhere for the 1st 3 days of using this, especially on my forehead and I even thought maybe It was too strong a topical for my face, but I think that was just the ingredients trying to unclog my pores and clear out all the bad stuff and pushing it out to the surface. now it seems that is really clearing up nicely and I think it should only keep getting better after each application now. my skin feels MUCH smoother, more toned(less red) and for sure my seb derm is MUCH more under control now, whereas before this topical I was having bad seb derm flares and flakes around my moustache and beard areas, my nose folds etc.. of course the dandruff shampoos I use on my scalp, control the seb derm for that area, but I make sure NOT to get these shampoos near my Rosacea face, only irritates me badly...

I hope I keep doing well with this, as I have been looking for something that could control my rosacea/seb derm in one treatment, knocking out two birds with one stone. this topical with IPL(as needed) should keep my face looking great I hope. Btw, I tried Rosacea-ltd but it seemed too irritating and drying for me, plus I didnt like having stuff on my face all day. this compound seems much better and gentler to me, and seems to have a much greater anti-inflammatory effect..

Mike