Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to take against the swelling of the nose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to take against the swelling of the nose?

What medicin or cream exist against the swelling of the nose?

Please give me some advice.

Isotretinoin - that's the only thing I know of.
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

Antihistamines may help.

Comment

What to take against the swelling of the nose?

Hi

With regard to nose swelling, roaccuate may help. It has eased my severe nose burning (10mg every second day for 3 months) but sadly it has not helped much with the swelling. Topical medications, demodex treatments nor antibiotics did not work for me at all.
        Hope this helps.
        bd eyes

Comment

Swed-
          I concur with Steve. However, you need to make the distinction between general swelling versus rhynophyma. Rhynophyma isn't swelling so much as an overgrowth of tissue (the sebaceous glands themselves). There isn't really any swelling involved. Not the kind of thing you can put an ice pack on and the swelling goes down.
          Accutane has shown some promise and efficacy when taken in early stage cases of rhynophyma.
          Rob

PS-
          Margaret-
          Glad to hear the accutane has begun working for you- even if only half as much as you would like!
          Hope all is well-
          Rob

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by boyandhisdog View Post
            Swed-
            I concur with Steve. However, you need to make the distinction between general swelling versus rhynophyma. Rhynophyma isn't swelling so much as an overgrowth of tissue (the sebaceous glands themselves). There isn't really any swelling involved. Not the kind of thing you can put an ice pack on and the swelling goes down.
            Accutane has shown some promise and efficacy when taken in early stage cases of rhynophyma.
            Rob

PS-
            Margaret-
            Glad to hear the accutane has begun working for you- even if only half as much as you would like!
            Hope all is well-
            Rob

How long do you guys dare to take Accutane/Roaccutan? What I heard it only helps against Rhynophyma when taking the medicin. And I donĀ“t think I can take Roaccutan in a small dose for the rest of my life.....so life really sucks!

Comment

Swedboy-
              I went back and glanced at your photos. Perhaps your swelling has happened since those photos but I sure don't see anything even remotely resembling rhynophyma.
              If memory serves again, weren't you using B5 to control oil production. This will likely have very similar benefits to the use of Accutane.
              But, specifically, in answer to your question, there are people who have been on lo dose accutane for years. I don't have time to dig up the links but over at David Pascoe's site (they changed the name- think it is the Rosacea Support Community- something like that), he has several links to long term accutane use.
              That said in my opinion based upon some reading, it is believed that anything that reduces inflamation, concientious avoidance of triggers that induce flares, and good hygiene will go along way to prevent the incidence of rhynophyma. Really, the good news, is that actual rhynophyma is thankfully pretty rare.
              Yours,
              Rob

Comment

Don't put any crap on it. Neosporin, Bacitracin, peroxide, rubbing alcohol, etc. etc. etc. None of those things are meant for puncture wounds and that is what a piercing is. Peroxide especially carries the added risk of possible chemical burns and rubbing alcohol will only irritate things.

It sounds like it is probably infected but don't panic. Just keep doing the sea salt soaks, keep the jewelry in (if you take it out it can close and trap the infection) and if it gets worse - very painful, oozing pus, hot to the touch - go to your doctor for some antibiotics.

Comment

Hello all -

I often get a very swollen nose now - most days, in fact (new in the last 1.5 years). I get pain and burning and swelling due to the same factors that would affect my rosacea skin on my cheeks (foods, heat, exercise, etc.). The pores on my nose are also quite evident but that could be just due to the swelling. I do not get p & p's and never have. I do not get these on my nose nor do I get any other types of growths on my nose. What I am trying to figure out, are these nose issue a symptom of pre-rhinophyma or is it just that rosacea has now started affecting my nose. If so, why the swelling? Can anyone clarify please?

Thank you

Wendy

Comment

I have nose swelling too. It's really bad in the morning when I wake up, also when it's really hot. Haven't figuren out yet what it is.

Comment

Any updates? I have the exact same
                      symptoms. Both my Father and my Uncle have rhinophyma so I'm very concerned. I developed ocular symptoms first, then almost a year later the flushing, burning on the bridge of my nose and swelling began. I'm about a year into it and my nose is noticeably larger and more
                      bulbous in shape. I can see edema under the skin and enlarged pores. I am unsure if there is actually tissue
                      growth it is it just fluid. It feels prickly sometimes and I feel there is reduced sensation in it.It's scary for
                      me to project what it might look like in a few years. And if it is that rare- then how 2 of my family members have it? My derm keeps telling me not to worry- but I've seen it progress in my father. It starts with an enlarged nose.
                      Interestingly enough, neither he nor my uncle had any Rosacea symptoms prior to developing rhinophyma. The only symptom I don't have is excess oil.I'm applying rhofade during the day and finecea at night. I'm on 100 mil of
                      Doxy for the ocular symptoms. No p&ps. Just flushing, redness and swelling. Off of caffeine, sugar, alcohol, refined carbs-etc. The heat makes it worse but can't be helped. I'm finishing my third photo facial this week. This has improved the appearance of my skin but I'm not
                      sure if it has helped my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegasmom View Post
                        Any updates? I have the exact same
                        symptoms. Both my Father and my Uncle have rhinophyma so I'm very concerned. I developed ocular symptoms first, then almost a year later the flushing, burning on the bridge of my nose and swelling began. I'm about a year into it and my nose is noticeably larger and more
                        bulbous in shape. I can see edema under the skin and enlarged pores. I am unsure if there is actually tissue
                        growth it is it just fluid. It feels prickly sometimes and I feel there is reduced sensation in it.It's scary for
                        me to project what it might look like in a few years. And if it is that rare- then how 2 of my family members have it? My derm keeps telling me not to worry- but I've seen it progress in my father. It starts with an enlarged nose.
                        Interestingly enough, neither he nor my uncle had any Rosacea symptoms prior to developing rhinophyma. The only symptom I don't have is excess oil.I'm applying rhofade during the day and finecea at night. I'm on 100 mil of
                        Doxy for the ocular symptoms. No p&ps. Just flushing, redness and swelling. Off of caffeine, sugar, alcohol, refined carbs-etc. The heat makes it worse but can't be helped. I'm finishing my third photo facial this week. This has improved the appearance of my skin but I'm not
                        sure if it has helped my nose.
                        Is the redness permanent or does it go away after the flushing, only returning when you flush again. Is your nose swollen more in the morning when you first wake up.
                        Also you said 2 family members had it, did they only have flushing and redness of the nose or just papules. I want to know what Rosacea symptoms are most common to Rhinophyma.

Comment

Originally posted by redtere View Post
                          Is the redness permanent or does it go away after the flushing, only returning when you flush again. Is your nose swollen more in the morning when you first wake up.
                          Also you said 2 family members had it, did they only have flushing and redness of the nose or just papules. I want to know what Rosacea symptoms are most common to Rhinophyma.
                          For nose swelling try taking an alegra in the morning and zertec at night. If that helps u may have severe histamine intolerance and have to go on a low histamine diet.

Comment

Originally posted by g3006 View Post
                            For nose swelling try taking an alegra in the morning and zertec at night. If that helps u may have severe histamine intolerance and have to go on a low histamine diet.
                            I have tried a product for histamine intolerance called Umbrellux DAO. It is expensive but seems to be helping my swollen, shiny nose.
                            Queta
                            "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
                            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hey Queta, my nose doesn't swell/shine but my cheeks swell and get shiny! What is the shininess???
                              And is it related to the swelling or is it just oil or something. And I must try that supplement!

Comment

Working...
                              X