Eye Make up removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye Make up removal

I'd be grateful to the ladies out there with ocular rosacea who have any tips for a non irritating way to remove eye makeup.

Last night I tried using jojoba oil first (to emulsify), and then Toleraine Dermo cleanser (should have known better as my face hates it) plus rinsing to get rid of the oily residue. Worked pretty well but now my lids are all red & puffy and my eyes are dry as a bone . This happens after using the eyelid cleanser too(Ocusoft). And doing just oil gets in my eyes and irritates them that way. *sigh*

How on earth do folks wear eye makeup everyday without looking like you have terrible allergies?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

banshee
    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
    RLT (DPL)
    Modified OCM using; microfiber cloth, jojoba/safflower oil, & cool water
    Everyday Minerals
    Bare Minerals Primetime
    Linda Sy Oatmeal & Goodskin All Calm Cleanser
    Replenix Green Tea Serum
    homemade moisturizer w/dimethicone
    Ester C, NSI brand SOD
    Thera Tears supplement & PF gel drops

"Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)..Believe and you will find your way.
    Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen)..A promise lives within you now."

When I went thru my gothic punk rock fad about million years ago, I used to use baby oil or vasaline to take off my hardcore eye makeup. heehee.

Now I just use plain soap and water. Make sure everything you use is water based and not water proof.

That should help with it coming off easier.

Comment

I use mineral oil, its the same thing basically as baby oil, without the fragrance added. Then I wash with my normal soap. (acarid)
      Have you tried baby wipes? I have used them in the past, without irritation, (mineral oil is just cheaper) many women swear by them for eye makeup removal.
      It sounds like you are putting a lot of stuff on your eyes to cleanse them, sometimes less is better. Eye skin is so sensitive.

Laura

Comment

Hi,

I use ocusoft lid scrubs. I love it and experience no irritation from them.

Since that didn't work for you maybe theralid scubs would be good.
        - supposed to be really gentle and effective.

What I like best about them is that you can get them in prepackaged moistened single pads that you can travel with and it's so easy.

I had tried baby oil in the past and it caused lid swelling for me.

Best wishes,
        Melissa

Comment

Topical products (non-prescription)

I just use bottled water. I use clinque masqera (can't spell it) merle norman eye shadow and they are the best tolerated by my allergies. They wash off great with water only. Kathy

Comment

When I wear make-up (rarely), I tend to wear it quite heavy (but nicely ). I use Aveeno unscented baby wash, it is mild but effective. It's got different packaging now, the bottles I have (I always stock up when I find something that works) indicate that you can use it with or without water. I liberally goop it on and lightly work it with my finger tips then wipe off the goop (and makeup) with cotton balls. I work the heavily mascara'd eye lashes between my fingertips and use cool water to wash that and clear the rest of my face.

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

I have started to wear a very light slick of mascara lately (Almay is the only one I can tolerate) and find that Simple eye make-up remover is good as long as I don't rub too hard.

I also read a good review in a magazine today for L'Oreal - De maq' Expert : Make-up remover, though I haven't tried it myself.

Betty. X

Comment

eye makeup remover

i use liquid eyemake up remover from clinique in a blue bottle. it hasnt irritated me at all. make sure to wash your face right after removing eye makeup just in case but it really works on me. also if you try it and it irritates you, you can return it to clinique at any department store where you bought it and they return your money.

Good luck,

Alba
                using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Comment

I use ocusoft lid scrubs and think it works great..Jenn
                  Please hurry Sansrosa!!!

Comment

Thanks folks for your input...I agree that simple is best.

Everytime I've tried to use anything commercial it just seems to worsen the issues, so I think I'll stick to jojoba oil & the eye scrub every now and then.
                    My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
                    RLT (DPL)
                    Everyday Minerals
                    Bare Minerals Primetime
                    Replenix Green Tea Serum
                    Ester C, NSI brand SOD

Comment

One way around it is to not use any eye makeup, I dye my eyelashes every 6 weeks at home instead of wearing makeup (without it i have blond invisable eyelashes). The dye can make my eyelids puffy and a bit red on the day i dye them but it goes away by the next day and overall it's less irritating than wearing mascara or eyeliner everyday and having to get it off. I get blepharitis so washing my eye lid margins twice a day is really important, but since i stopped using eyemakeup i find just water works really well.

When it's a big night out or special occasion i use black eyeliner, my derm told me it's meant to be the less irritating than any other colour (due to the chemicals that cause the colours) and then i just use a cotton bud dipped in moisturiser to gently remove it, as any commercial eye makeup removers can be a bit irritating.

Comment

I have never heard of eyelash dying, Could you post up a link to a product or more info? I also have blonde invisible eyelashes, I hate them, and it takes a lot of mascara to make it look like I have lashes and that can just get all clumpy looking.

Thanks much,
                        Laura

Comment

I assume other countries do it! I only found out about it when a friend did a beauty course and needed to practice. Most beauticians do it but i found they were always a bit rough washing the dye off so once i found the do it yourself kit i decided to do it myself.

It's been great because like you said mascara always went all clumpy, i always ended up having to wipe most of it off the brush so am much happier with dying. Plus i've never been one to wear makeup everyday, or to bother removing it at night, so i dye them once every 6 weeks and that's my eyemakeup all done!

I don't know if it's sold outside Australia or not but here's the link: These kits have enough for about ten applications. Let me know if you can't find it anywhere because i could always buy one for you.

http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/100...ck-p-9467.html

The blue black sound funny but looks just like black in the end but is a bit softer than actual black.

Comment

Thanks for the link! I will do some googleing an snooping around to see if I can find a US based company. Its not real high on my list of priorities at the moment, but its very intresting, to actually be able to SEE my eyelashes! (why do men always get the good lashes, ever notice that, you see all these guys with georgous lashes, you just want to rip them off their eyes and put them on your own, lol)

Laura

Comment

Hi fellas-

I put this on an OR post to jenn , but since you ladies were kind enough to help me I thought I'd share what has worked for me here as well:

My eyes have looked/felt better as of late (I was in extended STRONG wind recently and did surprisingly well), and have been able to withstand some makeup (knock on wood)!

-daily closed lid LED therapy w/DPL (don't open them at all) This takes time to see results.

-Theratears Oil capsules (3 caps in the a.m.)-a Godsend to help your eyes produce their own tears.
                              -Theratears overnight gel drops (2x pr day)
                              -Ironically, wearing only minimalist mineral makeup (everydayminerals.com) on my lids helps my eye surface calm down. This is due to its zinc & is in lieu of a tolerable eye cream......Even better so the dust won't irritate your eyes-either add a little water to it to make a cream/powder, or a drop of pure dimethicone for added barrier protection
                              -Remove it with jojoba oil-let the oil do the work, no need for rubbing. If necessary, wet a tissue and put some more oil on it. Lay it over and let it soak up the makeup. ..Rinse w/filtered tap or ideally bottled spring water
                              I'll also soak a q-tip in jojoba to assist eyeliner removal gently.
                              -use lid scrubs sparingly, I try to limit it to once a week or longer. And always use a little jojoba oil first imo, on dry skin to protect the lid skin.

Also, a drop of jojoba in water on wet lids and under eyes makes a great tolerated eye cream.

As you can tell, jojoba has become a key staple in my entire facial routine. Not perfect, but the best solution I've found.

And I seem to be able to handle Kiss Me Mascara or Clinique Gentle Waterproof the best as it keeps lashes more supple.
                              My weapons :

Aura/Lyra lasers-70+txs
                              RLT (DPL)
                              Everyday Minerals
                              Bare Minerals Primetime
                              Replenix Green Tea Serum
                              Ester C, NSI brand SOD

Comment

Working...
                              X