Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap, Highly Effective, 2 week, Oral Treatment for Demodex Skin Mites

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    No dogs I walked had mange. Plus it’s very rare for cross over from dogs to humans . And very Derm I’ve asked have said quite adamantly it’s not possible. I do have more tablets as I bought double what I needed just in case. When did your die off ease off ?
    While it is true that most papers and authorities say that the mites on dogs or pets won't transfer to humans, this is simply another myth that has been debunked. There are authoritative papers showing that indeed, mites can transfer from pets to humans (i.e., Cheyletiella and Sarcoptes scabiei). This too is another example of the 'butterfly effect in rosacea' that is based upon the 'initial conditions' that are 'associated with a large number of false myths regarding causes and treatment.'
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 5 July 2020, 08:43 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi


    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by ElaineA View Post
      Good, we can clear the puppies of any involvement. My die off eased about 1 to 2 weeks after the last tablet. I didn't keep a careful record and this was about 28 or so months ago - I've slept since then -). The good thing is that it hasn't come back.
      I’ve got more tablets I ordered double the amount.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
        I’ve got more tablets I ordered double the amount.
        Well it’s a week after 2nd dose and I have lots of spots now.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
          Well it’s a week after 2nd dose and I have lots of spots now.
          I know the spots are frustrating. But it really is a good sign that the oral Ivermectin is killing the mites. Give it another week. It will get better. The dead ones will not come back to cause more problems. And the mites can no longer track fungus around which may have made the Seb D worse. Hopefully your eyes will be much better very soon. Warm compresses on the eye lids will help flush out any trash the mites may have left in the eye lid oil glands.

          It sounds like the oral ivermectin was more effective much more quickly than the Soolantra. The oral treatment being a once a week dose for 2 weeks versus 16 weeks on topical Soolantra. The oral ivermectin does have the advantage of killing all the mites down in the glands all over the body including the scalp and eyes. Versus Soolantra which is milder and so expensive its typically used only on the face and doesn't treat the eyes, scalp or non-facial skin.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by ElaineA View Post
            I know the spots are frustrating. But it really is a good sign that the oral Ivermectin is killing the mites. Give it another week. It will get better. The dead ones will not come back to cause more problems. And the mites can no longer track fungus around which may have made the Seb D worse. Hopefully your eyes will be much better very soon. Warm compresses on the eye lids will help flush out any trash the mites may have left in the eye lid oil glands.

            It sounds like the oral ivermectin was more effective much more quickly than the Soolantra. The oral treatment being a once a week dose for 2 weeks versus 16 weeks on topical Soolantra. The oral ivermectin does have the advantage of killing all the mites down in the glands all over the body including the scalp and eyes. Versus Soolantra which is milder and so expensive its typically used only on the face and doesn't treat the eyes, scalp or non-facial skin.
            It’s my chin that’s worse. I’m not sure what to put on it. Finacea doesn’t seem to help at all .
            My eyes feel a little better already.

            Comment


            • #51
              I've been following this thread for the past couple of weeks and have decided to give this a go.

              I'm currently using ZZ cream which is doing a good job on my face. On my body I started using Stridex pads as salicylic acid is supposed to have an effect on demodex. This is after several years of limited success with antifungals. To my surprise, Stridex is actually working quite well after experiencing a pretty bad die-off at the start, which I originally thought might be down to the pads' composition.

              I have some ocular issues too.

              I took my first dose of 12mg ivermectin yesterday. As probably expected, nothing of note has happened yet. I thought there was an increase in itchiness the first couple of hours but it was probably my mind playing tricks on me more than anything else.

              After looking at the study I've decided that ivermectin alone probably won't cut it. The results show the difference is quite significant too. In the rosacea group, after 4 weeks, the mite count dropped from 51.7 to 31.4 with ivermectin alone compared to 51.7 to 5.5 in the combined group. If remission is the end goal instead of having to take maintenance doses of ivermectin, combination is probably wise.

              The authors themselves say that these results, together with our results, strongly infer that an ivermectin regimen alone cannot eradicate a Demodex infection but only reduce the number of mites.

              Anyway, I've managed to get hold of oral Metronidazole 400mg tablets, which will be arriving within the next couple of days. I realise that the study says to take 250mg 3x a day, but this might be quite hard to do. I'll see how easy the tablets are to break when they arrive. So at the moment I'm planning on taking 200mg 3x a day.

              I will probably kind of reset the experiment and start again from next week, but this time combining the two. Ivermectin is meant to be very safe so I do not see a problem in taking an additional dose.

              I'll keep you guys updated.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Nik89 View Post
                I've been following this thread for the past couple of weeks and have decided to give this a go.

                I'm currently using ZZ cream which is doing a good job on my face. On my body I started using Stridex pads as salicylic acid is supposed to have an effect on demodex. This is after several years of limited success with antifungals. To my surprise, Stridex is actually working quite well after experiencing a pretty bad die-off at the start, which I originally thought might be down to the pads' composition.

                I have some ocular issues too.

                I took my first dose of 12mg ivermectin yesterday. As probably expected, nothing of note has happened yet. I thought there was an increase in itchiness the first couple of hours but it was probably my mind playing tricks on me more than anything else.

                After looking at the study I've decided that ivermectin alone probably won't cut it. The results show the difference is quite significant too. In the rosacea group, after 4 weeks, the mite count dropped from 51.7 to 31.4 with ivermectin alone compared to 51.7 to 5.5 in the combined group. If remission is the end goal instead of having to take maintenance doses of ivermectin, combination is probably wise.

                The authors themselves say that these results, together with our results, strongly infer that an ivermectin regimen alone cannot eradicate a Demodex infection but only reduce the number of mites.

                Anyway, I've managed to get hold of oral Metronidazole 400mg tablets, which will be arriving within the next couple of days. I realise that the study says to take 250mg 3x a day, but this might be quite hard to do. I'll see how easy the tablets are to break when they arrive. So at the moment I'm planning on taking 200mg 3x a day.

                I will probably kind of reset the experiment and start again from next week, but this time combining the two. Ivermectin is meant to be very safe so I do not see a problem in taking an additional dose.

                I'll keep you guys updated.
                oral Metronidazole What is it exactly?
                My scalp was crazy itchy first week . It was driving me nuts.
                It’s stopped itching this week. And I’ve been using tea tree shampoo for months.
                Last edited by Rubydo1; 7 July 2020, 04:51 PM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Nik89 View Post
                  I've been following this thread for the past couple of weeks and have decided to give this a go.

                  I'm currently using ZZ cream which is doing a good job on my face. On my body I started using Stridex pads as salicylic acid is supposed to have an effect on demodex. This is after several years of limited success with antifungals. To my surprise, Stridex is actually working quite well after experiencing a pretty bad die-off at the start, which I originally thought might be down to the pads' composition.

                  I have some ocular issues too.

                  I took my first dose of 12mg ivermectin yesterday. As probably expected, nothing of note has happened yet. I thought there was an increase in itchiness the first couple of hours but it was probably my mind playing tricks on me more than anything else.

                  After looking at the study I've decided that ivermectin alone probably won't cut it. The results show the difference is quite significant too. In the rosacea group, after 4 weeks, the mite count dropped from 51.7 to 31.4 with ivermectin alone compared to 51.7 to 5.5 in the combined group. If remission is the end goal instead of having to take maintenance doses of ivermectin, combination is probably wise.

                  The authors themselves say that these results, together with our results, strongly infer that an ivermectin regimen alone cannot eradicate a Demodex infection but only reduce the number of mites.

                  Anyway, I've managed to get hold of oral Metronidazole 400mg tablets, which will be arriving within the next couple of days. I realise that the study says to take 250mg 3x a day, but this might be quite hard to do. I'll see how easy the tablets are to break when they arrive. So at the moment I'm planning on taking 200mg 3x a day.

                  I will probably kind of reset the experiment and start again from next week, but this time combining the two. Ivermectin is meant to be very safe so I do not see a problem in taking an additional dose.

                  I'll keep you guys updated.
                  Based on that comparison study of the combined oral treatment, I do believe that the combined treatment is more effective for more people than Oral Ivermectin alone. I took the combined treatment and I'm still clear at 28+ months. And I had misdiagnosed Demodex literally for many decades.

                  Some doctors do prescribe the Oral Metronidazole in different amounts daily along with the weekly dose of Oral Ivermectin. I have seen other medical studies where the doctor prescribe Oral Metro at 500 mg once per day. So your 600 mg per day with 3 half tablets does at least get you in the range of 500 mg to 750 mg per day. Take the Oral Metro with food. That worked for me - I didn't have any stomach upset at all with it.

                  I hope this works as well for you as it did for me. And please do keep us posted.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
                    oral Metronidazole What is it exactly?
                    My scalp was crazy itchy first week . It was driving me nuts.
                    It’s stopped itching this week. And I’ve been using tea tree shampoo for months.
                    Metronidazole is what was combined with ivermectin in the study and what Elaine also used.

                    Of those who just took ivermectin, only 2/15 in the rosacea group had a normal demodex count at the end of treatment, compared to 14/15 in the combined therapy group. In fact, the one person didn't have a normal count ended up being diagnosed with something else. Judging by the remarkable success of combining the two medications, if demodex is the cause then the skin can't fail to be cleared.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by ElaineA View Post
                      Some doctors do prescribe the Oral Metronidazole in different amounts daily along with the weekly dose of Oral Ivermectin. I have seen other medical studies where the doctor prescribe Oral Metro at 500 mg once per day. So your 600 mg per day with 3 half tablets does at least get you in the range of 500 mg to 750 mg per day. Take the Oral Metro with food. That worked for me - I didn't have any stomach upset at all with it.

                      I hope this works as well for you as it did for me. And please do keep us posted.
                      Thanks, that's good to know.

                      I will do!

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
                        oral Metronidazole What is it exactly?
                        My scalp was crazy itchy first week . It was driving me nuts.
                        It’s stopped itching this week. And I’ve been using tea tree shampoo for months.
                        Oral Metronidazole has a dual classification. It is both an anti-parasitic drug and an antibiotic. It is special in that respect. Most, if not all, other antibiotics have no anti-parasitic effect. Its been around since about 1960 and is on the WHO's list of 100 essential medicines. Like Oral Ivermectin, Oral Metronidazole has a good safety record.

                        Oral Metro breaks down in the body to at least 5 known metabolic compounds. They think that the Oral Metro works against Demodex through those metabolic compounds rather than directly. Topical Metronidazole (aka Metrogel) has little or no effect against demodex, but the oral version works. One report said that doctors dipped live demodex into 100% liquid Metronidazole and it did not kill the demodex. It appears that how the human body processes the oral Metro is what kills the parasites.

                        Oral Metronidazole has been given alone to treat demodex and is also effective. It seems from the study that the 2 oral drugs when combined are even more effective.

                        https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6...e-oral/details

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Nik89 View Post
                          Thanks, that's good to know.

                          I will do!
                          And the other precaution with Oral Metronidazole is do not drink alcohol while taking this drug and for 72 hours after the last tablet.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by ElaineA View Post
                            Oral Metronidazole has a dual classification. It is both an anti-parasitic drug and an antibiotic. It is special in that respect. Most, if not all, other antibiotics have no anti-parasitic effect. Its been around since about 1960 and is on the WHO's list of 100 essential medicines. Like Oral Ivermectin, Oral Metronidazole has a good safety record.

                            Oral Metro breaks down in the body to at least 5 known metabolic compounds. They think that the Oral Metro works against Demodex through those metabolic compounds rather than directly. Topical Metronidazole (aka Metrogel) has little or no effect against demodex, but the oral version works. One report said that doctors dipped live demodex into 100% liquid Metronidazole and it did not kill the demodex. It appears that how the human body processes the oral Metro is what kills the parasites.

                            Oral Metronidazole has been given alone to treat demodex and is also effective. It seems from the study that the 2 oral drugs when combined are even more effective.

                            https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6...e-oral/details
                            Great so me taking oral ivermectin on it’s own probably is not going to do the job .
                            I can’t do antibiotics. Plus I couldn’t get hold ot that anyway

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
                              Great so me taking oral ivermectin on it’s own probably is not going to do the job .
                              I can’t do antibiotics. Plus I couldn’t get hold ot that anyway
                              Don't give up! All the die offs you have been having indicate that the Oral Ivermectin is working to kill the mites. Oral Ivermectin by itself has cured some people as documented in numerous medical studies on individuals. A single dose of Ivermectin was how doctors finally treated the 12 year old girl with demodicosis. It worked. She had been misdiagnosed for a year.

                              If you could take the Oral Metronidazole it could make the treatment work better. But the oral Ivermectin can still be effective by itself. Oral Metronidazole can also be effective by itself. The 2 drugs used together had a better success rate than Ivermectin alone in that medical study.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
                                Great so me taking oral ivermectin on it’s own probably is not going to do the job .
                                I can’t do antibiotics. Plus I couldn’t get hold ot that anyway
                                Like Elaine says, not all is lost. There is a chance that ivermectin alone can cure demodex. In any case, taking it orally enables you to deal with the problem systematically and target areas like the eyes that would otherwise be hard to treat. At worst, the demodex count will still be reduced. Then topicals like zz cream, soolantra and cliradex can deal with the problem externally and further reduce the mite count and be used as maintenance to keep them below a problematic level.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X