Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap Effective Oral Treatment for rosacea/occular rosacea and blepharitis demodex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElaineA
    replied
    The weak Hypochlorous acid in the spray is chemically the same as a natural substance the human body makes in response to a scrape. Its anti-microbial and will kill demodex. For me and others, it is very soothing and non-irritating. I continue to use it nightly as a precaution against future re-infestation with demodex.

Leave a comment:

• rednessator
    replied
    It’s not dangerous, try it, sounds like you got an infection, which the spray might help for

Leave a comment:

• Rubydo1
    replied
    Weird lids

Originally posted by rednessator View Post
    I have not been properly diagnosed. I have not met a single eye doctor with more knowledge than people on this forum.

Thanks to Sejon who tipped me about hypochlorous acid spray 9 days ago, it took me 2 days of use until my eyes were _looking_ symptom free. They are still dry, but nowhere as near as dry as before (prolly due to inflammation). I plan to make a post about it but I’ll wait another week.
    I have the spray but I’m to scared to use it as the skin is sore.
    My symptoms are really weird Heat made things a lot worse.
    My lower lids go swell up and down every day .
    If I apply heat they blister with clear fluid.

Leave a comment:

• rednessator
    replied
    I have not been properly diagnosed. I have not met a single eye doctor with more knowledge than people on this forum.

Thanks to Sejon who tipped me about hypochlorous acid spray 9 days ago, it took me 2 days of use until my eyes were _looking_ symptom free. They are still dry, but nowhere as near as dry as before (prolly due to inflammation). I plan to make a post about it but I’ll wait another week.

Leave a comment:

• Rubydo1
    replied
    Diagnosis in the uk

Originally posted by rednessator View Post
    How are the ciclosporin (Ikervis?) eye drops working for you ? I started them 5 days ago but eyes are still red as **** :/
    Have you tested for demodex?
    Where do you go to get properly diagnosed. I’ve been to lots of opticians . An eyegenist .
    Community eye optician I she suggested it was Demodex and she referred me to the hospital.

Consultant at the Hallamshire hospital Sheffield was useless. He said I don’t know
    “I’ve got a book here someone gave me I don’t know if you have got them or not”
    So I said you have to pull an eyelash out and have a look.

He said have you tried pure tea tree oil ?????
    Last edited by Rubydo1; 1 April 2019, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rednessator
    replied
    Originally posted by Elias View Post
    Hello,

Do you know if this Ivermectin treatment can be taken safely along with regular use of Restasis (cyclosporine drops) ?
    Just wondering as when looking for some information about it i stumbled on this : https://www.rxlist.com/drug-interact...nteraction.htm
    I guess it's not a big deal as we are talking about drops thus a local action mainly at pretty low concentration but still if you guys have any input i'd
    be glad to hear about it.
    How are the ciclosporin (Ikervis?) eye drops working for you ? I started them 5 days ago but eyes are still red as **** :/
    Have you tested for demodex?

Leave a comment:

• ElaineA
    replied
    Originally posted by Elias View Post
    Hello,

Do you know if this Ivermectin treatment can be taken safely along with regular use of Restasis (cyclosporine drops) ?
    Just wondering as when looking for some information about it i stumbled on this : https://www.rxlist.com/drug-interact...nteraction.htm
    I guess it's not a big deal as we are talking about drops thus a local action mainly at pretty low concentration but still if you guys have any input i'd
    The drug interaction sounds serious. That is a good question to ask a doctor. It might be a good idea to discontinue the Restasis while taking Ivermectin. It would be best to ask a doctor.

Leave a comment:

• ElaineA
    replied
    Originally posted by antwantsclear View Post
    Hi Elaine

I wanted to check if this was the Desert Essence Original Face Wash product you meant:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Desert...inal+face+wash

Some people say it's quite drying on the face, though I am already a user of other Desert Essence products so I do believe they can work.
    Yes. That is the one I was talking about. I found it a bit drying. I was able to find a smaller bottle of it at Kroger (grocery store) to try. Another good and not too expensive option is the The Body Shop Foaming Tea Tree Oil cleanser. There is no Body Shop in my area so I got it from Amazon. It runs about $12.50

https://www.amazon.com/Body-Shop-Cle...s%2C146&sr=8-5

I was using the eco eye brand 1% Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash but it is much more expensive about $38 from Amazon. It is gentle though.

Leave a comment:

• antwantsclear
    replied
    Originally posted by ElaineA View Post
    Some people have reported success with Permethrin for demodex.

A tea tree oil based facial cleanser may also help. There are several available over the counter. Desert Essence Original Face Wash is available at Kroger and other stores as well as Amazon. The Body Shop also makes a Tea Tree Oil facial cleanser. I use the Tranquil Eyes 1% Tea Tree Oil Foaming Cleanser. by eyeEco available on Amazon.

Another simple option is Borax. 20 Mule Team Borax is available at most major US grocery stores in the Laundry detergent aisle - around $5.50 per box. Borax will kill demodex on the surface of your skin. Borax is anti-microbial and fights fungal and yeast infections as well. You can make a simple DIY shampoo that you can also use to wash your face. Take 1 tablespoon of Borax mix into 1 cup of hot water to dissolve it. Let it cool and pour into a clean plastic bottle (old empty shampoo bottle works great). Wash your face and hair with this solution - its not sudsy but will soothe any skin and scalp itchiness as well as help fight off any surface demodex and possibly fungal infection as well.

Hope this helps.
    Hi Elaine

I wanted to check if this was the Desert Essence Original Face Wash product you meant:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Desert...inal+face+wash

Some people say it's quite drying on the face, though I am already a user of other Desert Essence products so I do believe they can work.

Leave a comment:

• Elias
    replied
    Hello,

Leave a comment:

• ElaineA
    replied
    Originally posted by Jo Brown View Post
    I too have been struggling with skin issues for 50+ years. I had a bad case of mononucleosis as a preteen and lost about 20 pounds. I gained a figure but sacrificed my skin. I never put the two together until I read your article. I would like to try the oral doses but can’t seem to convince anyone of the mites to begin with. That’s when I started doing my own research and found the D-Earth cure. My eyes are still bad, though I just started with the wipes.
    The wipes helped my eyes but my case was so severe they couldn't get rid of the demodex. The 2 week combined oral treatment with both oral Ivermectin and oral metronidazole cleared my eyes and skin. Using heat compresses twice a day with the Thermalon Dry Eye Moist Heat Compress helped a lot after the treatment. My eye lid glands were pretty clogged up. You heat the Thermalon compress up in the microwave - in my microwave no more than 15 seconds - get it warm but not too hot for your eyes. I found it at Walgreesns Drug Store but they are available elsewhere.

I also used the Heyedrate Hypochlorous spray on my face and eyelids before going to bed at night (still do this).

One other thing that may help your eyes is to use either Systane Balanced or Bausch & Lomb's Soothe XP drops to help restore your oily tear film. Both drops have some oil in them to help add that back to your eye's tear film. Stupid mites eat up the oil in the eye lid's meibomian glands leaving your eyes without the normal oily tear film. The type of oil in Sooth XP may have a slightly gray film at first but this wears off after a few minutes. The warm compresses can help open the glands up as well.

Mites can live on a wet towel for up to 54 hours. Swap the towels that you dry your face with daily as an extra precaution against reinfecting your eyes from the towel you dry them with.

Leave a comment:

• antwantsclear
    replied
    Originally posted by ElaineA View Post

A tea tree oil based facial cleanser may also help. There are several available over the counter. Desert Essence Original Face Wash is available at Kroger and other stores as well as Amazon. The Body Shop also makes a Tea Tree Oil facial cleanser. I use the Tranquil Eyes 1% Tea Tree Oil Foaming Cleanser. by eyeEco available on Amazon.

Another simple option is Borax. 20 Mule Team Borax is available at most major US grocery stores in the Laundry detergent aisle - around $5.50 per box. Borax will kill demodex on the surface of your skin. Borax is anti-microbial and fights fungal and yeast infections as well. You can make a simple DIY shampoo that you can also use to wash your face. Take 1 tablespoon of Borax mix into 1 cup of hot water to dissolve it. Let it cool and pour into a clean plastic bottle (old empty shampoo bottle works great). Wash your face and hair with this solution - its not sudsy but will soothe any skin and scalp itchiness as well as help fight off any surface demodex and possibly fungal infection as well.

Hope this helps.
    I use the Desert Essence tea tree oil toothpaste - it really helps prevent any mouth ulcers. I know there has been an ongoing discussion about the impact demodex mites may have in the mouth. Well for me this toothpaste certainly eliminates the ulcers.

Leave a comment:

• ElaineA
    replied
    Originally posted by Karen m.s. View Post
    I have begun a recent struggle with demodex. It is horrifying and the dermotologist I went to refused to do a scraping. He said my hair follicles are getting infected and it is my fault for scratching and picking. My general doctor, however, believes me and did a little research I believe. He just prescribed me ivermectin and wants me to use a lower 1% version of permethrin. I have been deali g with this for 5 months now. Any advise?

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Karen m.s.
    replied
    I have begun a recent struggle with demodex. It is horrifying and the dermotologist I went to refused to do a scraping. He said my hair follicles are getting infected and it is my fault for scratching and picking. My general doctor, however, believes me and did a little research I believe. He just prescribed me ivermectin and wants me to use a lower 1% version of permethrin. I have been deali g with this for 5 months now. Any advise?

Leave a comment:

• Jo Brown
    replied
    Same here

I too have been struggling with skin issues for 50+ years. I had a bad case of mononucleosis as a preteen and lost about 20 pounds. I gained a figure but sacrificed my skin. I never put the two together until I read your article. I would like to try the oral doses but can’t seem to convince anyone of the mites to begin with. That’s when I started doing my own research and found the D-Earth cure. My eyes are still bad, though I just started with the wipes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X