Ocular Rosacea, possible blepharitis, PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
    Hi. I don't know how long I've had ocular rosacea.
    Finally diagnosed fall of 2013. I was symptomatic
    For years. I'm not using artificial tears right now
    But I'm considering it. The honey has helped so
    Much but I do have dry eyes. Hope you have
    Luck with this!
    Hello Birdie,

Thera tears artificial tears (which have no preservatives) are fabulous!

Highly recommended!

J
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Judworth, how are you free of the ocular rosacea? I need help

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
        Judworth, how are you free of the ocular rosacea? I need help

Thanks!
        Well, I was!

I got silly and stopped doing lid scrubs, warm compresses etc for about 2 months and developed a nice chalazion.

I am back to 'hot' compresses, eyelid scrubs and thera tears (see my signature) and 2 weeks on eyes are no longer sore,

gritty or watering!

What are your symptoms?

I have MGD.

Judy

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

I have dry, stinging eyes, mgd, clogged glands ect. My actual skin is VERY mild. I do the compresses, doxy , restasis, antibiotic ointment ect.

I have also used ocular steroids. Frustrated lol

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
            I have dry, stinging eyes, mgd, clogged glands ect. My actual skin is VERY mild. I do the compresses, doxy , restasis, antibiotic ointment ect.

I have also used ocular steroids. Frustrated lol
            What is your actual routine?

Judy

*LDN since October 2018.

PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Ocular rosaces/blepharitis

I found this site and great info but I see no one has posted since 2014 so hoping that more people will post. Recently diagnosed with ocular rosace and blepharitis...have had problems for 6 months or so. Was told by opthamologist to try Cliridex and to use lubricating eye drops through out day, compresses. Anyone using Cliridex? I am trying to buy them and will have to do so online.

Comment

I've used Cliradex and have found it helpful but not a cure all. For me, it is worth the money. Try a very low carb diet, doxy and probiotics.

Comment

A product that actually works

I recently found a product called the style'n'clean pen that has really worked wonders for me in relieving my blepharitis and dry-eye complications. I use it in the mornings and evenings to rid my eyes of demodex. If you know blephex it's pretty much the same thing but for individuals instead of treatments. I use an accompanying gel during an after to relieve redness and dryness. I haven't felt this good in a really long while so maybe this can also help others.

Comment

Ocular Rosacea, MGD

My Opthamologist put me on Tobradex and my eyes felt great while using drops but about a week later right back to square one. Because I also have MGD , she manually released glands but didn't feel much better. So now using steroid eye drops for 2 wks because I also have bad allergies. Right now I use MGD EyeBag for warm compresses 2x day, foam eye cleanser w/tea tree oil in it and hylo-dual eye drops. Lots of mucus when I wake up and some crusting. Irritated, gritty eyes pretty well all day. So diagnosis is Ocular Rosacea, MGD and Blepharitis but not caused by demodex mites. Steroid drops not helping at all. So is next step oral medication? Any opinions appreciated.

Comment

Hi Kay, why do you say it's not caused by demodex? Demodex is the usual troublemaker for clogged meibomian glands.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Busby View Post
                        Hi Kay, why do you say it's not caused by demodex? Demodex is the usual troublemaker for clogged meibomian glands.
                        My Opthamologist said she saw no demodex.

Comment

I'm guessing she was looking for cylindrical dandruff, but that's visible only about 60% of the time. Why don't you ask for a script for Soolantra? The only reliable test is to use an anti-demodectic, to see if the signs and symptoms subside.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Busby View Post
                            I'm guessing she was looking for cylindrical dandruff, but that's visible only about 60% of the time. Why don't you ask for a script for Soolantra? The only reliable test is to use an anti-demodectic, to see if the signs and symptoms subside.
                            I tried Cliradex wipes which stung like crazy and didn't help and tried a foaming cleanser with tea tree oil which hasn't helped. I thought Soolantra was a cream.

Comment

My eye doctor said she couldn't see Demodex. But they can only be seen under a microscope. TTO is the only thing that keeps my eyes looking semi normal.

Comment

Yes, Cliradex is about 5% TTO, which will sting like crazy. Soolantra is ivermectin 1%, formulated in Cetaphil cream, so it won't sting. The label says not for use around the eyes, but people have used it that way. Ask your ophthalmologist about it. You can read more about MGD here: http://www.tearfilm.org/tfos_mgd_report.php

You wouldn't think so much happens in the blink of an eye. JK

Comment

Working...
                                X