Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food triggers- Ocular / blocked tear ducts etc..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food triggers- Ocular / blocked tear ducts etc..

Hi

I am just wondering if others are finding a link with food triggers that effect our faces with p&ps etc. that if same triggers are also effecting eyes with such as block tear ducts and styes etc. I believe this is the case for me I'm recently realizing. I've had rosacea and seb derm for 10 years and every once in awhile go through series of bad episodes with blocked tear ducts. Styes hasn't happened for 9 years though.

I'd appreciate to hear back from others if this is already known or if not if others are finding this a link as well.

Thank you

Originally posted by flo999 View Post
    Hi

I am just wondering if others are finding a link with food triggers that effect our faces with p&ps etc. that if same triggers are also effecting eyes with such as block tear ducts and styes etc. I believe this is the case for me I'm recently realizing. I've had rosacea and seb derm for 10 years and every once in awhile go through series of bad episodes with blocked tear ducts. Styes hasn't happened for 9 years though.

I'd appreciate to hear back from others if this is already known or if not if others are finding this a link as well.

Thank you
    I used to find a direct correlation between rosacea severity and eye severity.

Thing is flo999 my opinion is you can go to your eye doctor or hospital who will give you tablets but tablets will only or may only ease the pain and it cannot and never be a solution. The reason is you have a basic fault with a sympathetic nerve which is responsible for signalling the secretions to your eyes and skin. The more tablets you take the more it affects the health of oneself.
    The things that increase severity are food sadly especially fats and acidic foods and red wine. The severity can be minimised only by the way you eat the solution is within yourself and no one else.
    cure

Comment

Originally posted by flo999 View Post
      Hi

Thank you
      Yes. Sometimes it's the the itching in my eyes, then redness of my eyelids that warn me of a flair.
      When I have a flair, my eyes are red. Years ago, before diagnosed with rosacea, I went to an eye
      Dr. And asked why my eyes were red. He told me that there was inflammation. When I asked why,
      He had no clue. Food for me is directly related to flares and that includes my eyes. If I eat sugar
      And flare, my eyes usually tell me first with red and burning.

Best regards, birdie

Comment

Originally posted by drummond View Post
        I used to find a direct correlation between rosacea severity and eye severity.

Thing is flo999 my opinion is you can go to your eye doctor or hospital who will give you tablets but tablets will only or may only ease the pain and it cannot and never be a solution. The reason is you have a basic fault with a sympathetic nerve which is responsible for signalling the secretions to your eyes and skin. The more tablets you take the more it affects the health of oneself.
        The things that increase severity are food sadly especially fats and acidic foods and red wine. The severity can be minimised only by the way you eat the solution is within yourself and no one else.
        Tablets... are you referring to anti-biotics?

I discovered my triggers many years ago. The worst one after a few years absence I am able to eat now without a problem. I rarely drink wine... fats.. well what I do eat a lot hasn't affected me, but I can not eat fast food or else will. Acidic foods I seldom eat.

But stuff like red bull drinks ironically give me p&p's. I can get away with 1 in a day. Two is pushing it and I might get a bump by morning. 3 I definitely will. Well.. I seldom drink them anymore and had a 4 in a couple days weeks ago and got a blocked tear duct and it healed on its own. Then last week drank a few more and it came back... now it's much worse and seems to be infected. It's gradually healing with hot washcloths and I just started trying OcuSoft eyelid cleansers.
        Several days I was waking up with my eyes lashes glued to each other... and this has never happened in past. Other days it's a crust. Tears are draining on each end though... it's just blocked on the center of my eyelid.

I rarely have outbreaks anymore and when I do it's due to eating or drinking my triggers and I just use procasea which is not a med.. it's more sulfur and it clears my face up quickly. And yes indulging in these drinks this week I did get a few bumps. This is just how the light bulb went off that rosacea may also affecting my eye.... it's only one eye.

It doesn't hurt anymore... it's just still there.

But thanks for sharing your feedback!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
          Yes. Sometimes it's the the itching in my eyes, then redness of my eyelids that warn me of a flair.
          When I have a flair, my eyes are red. Years ago, before diagnosed with rosacea, I went to an eye
          Dr. And asked why my eyes were red. He told me that there was inflammation. When I asked why,
          He had no clue. Food for me is directly related to flares and that includes my eyes. If I eat sugar
          And flare, my eyes usually tell me first with red and burning.

Best regards, birdie
          Thanks for sharing. It seems I'm not alone. My eyes don't get red... nor am I triggered by sugar... but none of us are the same, eh!

Comment

Working...
          X