Great Results with New Contact Lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Results with New Contact Lenses

For about the last 10 years I have struggled somewhat with contact lenses - they just never feel really felt comfortable for extended periods of times. This held true for all the new types that came out that were touted as 'super comfortable'.

After being diagnosed with Blepharitis earlier this year and having issues with my eyes I was worried I wouldn't be able to wear contact lenses again. I wear them for sports and some social engagements.

I was jaded when my optometrist told me recently about a 'fantastic' new lens technology that has been used in Europe for the last few years and is just making it's way into North America: "DAILIES TOTAL1 Water Gradient Contact Lenses" (http://www.dailies.com/products/dailies-total-one.shtml).

I have had great results. Anyone who needs/wants to wear contact lenses but struggles with them should give these a try. They are apparently water on the outside and only a small part in the center is the lens. As the website says "The very outer surface of the lens to approach 100% water". For the record I have no affiliation with this company (I think Novartis is the manufacturer).

I will go so far to say, i think my eyes *might* be more comfortable with them in sometimes! (stabilizes the tear film, I don't know....). I highly recommend them. The are daily wear. You should be able to get some trial pair for free before buying.

"DAILIES TOTAL1 Water Gradient Contact Lenses"

Originally posted by Captain View Post
    For about the last 10 years I have struggled somewhat with contact lenses - they just never feel really felt comfortable for extended periods of times. This held true for all the new types that came out that were touted as 'super comfortable'.

After being diagnosed with Blepharitis earlier this year and having issues with my eyes I was worried I wouldn't be able to wear contact lenses again. I wear them for sports and some social engagements.

I was jaded when my optometrist told me recently about a 'fantastic' new lens technology that has been used in Europe for the last few years and is just making it's way into North America: "DAILIES TOTAL1 Water Gradient Contact Lenses" (http://www.dailies.com/products/dailies-total-one.shtml).

I have had great results. Anyone who needs/wants to wear contact lenses but struggles with them should give these a try. They are apparently water on the outside and only a small part in the center is the lens. As the website says "The very outer surface of the lens to approach 100% water". For the record I have no affiliation with this company (I think Novartis is the manufacturer).

I will go so far to say, i think my eyes *might* be more comfortable with them in sometimes! (stabilizes the tear film, I don't know....). I highly recommend them. The are daily wear. You should be able to get some trial pair for free before buying.
    Prior to the 'super-flare' of my ocular rosacea, meibomian gland dysfunction bleph & corneal abrasions caused by nearly two years of daily crying, my tears became "Toxic" to my eyes. I was given a week sample of "DAILIES TOTAL1 Water Gradient Contact Lenses."

I was wearing Air Optix Night/Day as a daily lens but was only able to tolerate them for less than 5-6 hours even with rewetting drops. Buying Air Optix & only getting 12 sets was not cost effective.

Have you ever worn Acuvue Oyasis? The water content is way too high for my eyes & evaporate/dehydrate on my eyes. Do the Dailies dry up on your eyes? Would you mind telling me what other brands of contact lenses you've tried before the Dailies? I sooooo want the new Dailies to be a contact lens I can finally wear for even a few hours & toss them out.

I never like the idea of having Ocular Rosacea & putting used contacts back into my eyes even with disinfecting them as directed. Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X