Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wu Wei Xiao Du Wan - Has anyone else tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wu Wei Xiao Du Wan - Has anyone else tried it?

I have had perioral dermatitis since April this year, but my skin problems were spreading upwards to my cheeks and eyes in May. My eyes were puffy with red splotches around the eyelash line and my cheeks and temple area also developed red puffy splotches.

20130601_1_zps2a2d6d0f.jpg20130601_2_zps434a5c2e.jpg

My GP diagnosed me with Rosacea and told me to get Wu Wei Xiao Du Wan from the Chinese Herbalist down the road.

Within 36 hours my face looked like this.

20130602_1_zps8b2606d9.jpg20130602_2_zpsab2da5b8.jpg

That was in June, and again three days ago, my eyes began getting swollen with red patches again. Took it again and the redness and swelling has subsided. it seems to work for rosacea but the perioral dermatitis remains and I'm working on that now.

Has anyone else tried it?

I have not tried that supplement, so have no comment on that.

Regarding the PD:
    Have you tried switching to a fluoride free toothpaste? (Assuming you are still brushing with a regular type).

I finally changed to one a couple of months ago and found my mouth area became less irritated.
    Go Vita has a range of of products you can choose from.

Oral health often reflects systemic health.
    You could try chewing xylitol gum and rinsing your mouth/gargling with antiseptic washes.
    I never put much faith into such practises until I managed to finally incorporate them into my regime.
    I think they do help in certain cases.
    Previous Numerous IPL.
    Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
    Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
    Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
    Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistica View Post
      I have not tried that supplement, so have no comment on that.

Regarding the PD:
      Have you tried switching to a fluoride free toothpaste? (Assuming you are still brushing with a regular type).
      Yeah, I have not used fluoride tooth paste or sls products for over 5 years now. I have started oil pulling with coconut oil, so I'll see how that will go. I would like to find a more natural alternative to the herbal toothpaste I have. It still has too many ingredients for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by tea.drinker View Post
        Yeah, I have not used fluoride tooth paste or sls products for over 5 years now. I have started oil pulling with coconut oil, so I'll see how that will go. I would like to find a more natural alternative to the herbal toothpaste I have. It still has too many ingredients for my liking.
        I have been looking for a different toothpaste as well. A lady I know locally (another patient, but different illness) recommends the following combination formula. She cleared up gum disease with it.

http://www.orawellness.com/index.php...d=18&aff_id=45

I won't be using it as it contains cinnamon and that is a major flushing trigger for me. It affects the TRVP1 receptor, I believe.
        I have had improvements over all, but at this stage, my face is too unstable to be tinkering with something high risk.
        Still, if you are not a flusher, it might be something you could look into.

Some people put a drop of oregano oil on to their toothpaste serving and find it really helpful.
        Previous Numerous IPL.
        Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
        Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
        Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
        Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

I'm going to make one from sea salt, bi-carb soda and peppermint oil. We'll see how that goes

Comment

Working...
          X