Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Eyes

I am suffering from Ocular Rosacea with the following symptoms

Red upper lids with thread veins and crusting in the eyelashes.
    Swollen glands on the lower lids with redness
    Bloodshot eyes
    Yellowing of the whites of the eyes.

Topical treatments have improved the first symptom and hot compresses the second, the third symptom persists. However, are yellow eyes a symptom of Rosacea? I have had a liver function test and the results are fine. Has anyone else experienced this?

So you had a Doctor see the yellow eyes and then do a liver function test, and not have an explanation for the yellowing? Did they just say, "Oh well?" I encourage you to be persistent about having someone follow up and find the cause. The symptom of Yellow Eyes can have some serious causes but most are very treatable when found and managed promptly. Please get right back in there and keep looking for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlite View Post
      So you had a Doctor see the yellow eyes and then do a liver function test, and not have an explanation for the yellowing? Did they just say, "Oh well?" I encourage you to be persistent about having someone follow up and find the cause. The symptom of Yellow Eyes can have some serious causes but most are very treatable when found and managed promptly. Please get right back in there and keep looking for the answer.
      Thank you....I had just assumed that this was to do with the occular problem, but may be something more serious. I will arrange to see my doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Hara View Post
        Thank you....I had just assumed that this was to do with the occular problem, but may be something more serious. I will arrange to see my doctor.
        Oh good. Please let us know what you find out.

Comment

Every time someone posts on Yahoo Answers that they have "yellow eyes", 50 posters yell that they have liver problems and "jaundice" and suggest an emergent/immediate visit to the E.R. or whatever.

Fact is true jaundice in the eyes is fairly rare. I've been practicing 11 years and I've *never* seen it in any patient's eyes. the chances of an otherwise healthy person having enough liver problems to acquire yellow eyes is in my estimation extremely low. People with liver problems generally have many more symptoms and more health problems than just "yellow" in their eyes. By the time they are jaundiced, they usually already know they have liver problems.

A pinguecula is an inflammatory response (breakdown of collagen) usually from UV exposure. It is not usually dangerous. There are no eye drops to make a pinguecula less yellow, the only real treatment is surgical excision.

Comment

Originally posted by David147 View Post
            Every time someone posts on Yahoo Answers that they have "yellow eyes", 50 posters yell that they have liver problems and "jaundice" and suggest an emergent/immediate visit to the E.R. or whatever.

Fact is true jaundice in the eyes is fairly rare. I've been practicing 11 years and I've *never* seen it in any patient's eyes. the chances of an otherwise healthy person having enough liver problems to acquire yellow eyes is in my estimation extremely low. People with liver problems generally have many more symptoms and more health problems than just "yellow" in their eyes. By the time they are jaundiced, they usually already know they have liver problems.

A pinguecula is an inflammatory response (breakdown of collagen) usually from UV exposure. It is not usually dangerous. There are no eye drops to make a pinguecula less yellow, the only real treatment is surgical excision.
            Hi David,

I would just like to chip in about jaundice of the eyes. I suffer with a condition called Gilberts syndrome, whereby high levels of bilirubin are produced in the blood stream. It is nothing serious and doesn't affect my life apart from its cosmetic appearance. To counter the jaundice, I was prescribed phenobarbitone, and this helps significantly unless I am extremely tired or run down. In my opinion, it is always best to get things checked out for peace of mind.

burner.

Comment

Working...
            X