Questions about Blepharitis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Blepharitis

Close to 4 months ago, i started getting a lot of pain in my eyes. I wear contacts and always have and very rarely wore glasses.

It was discharge and went to eye doctor. I was told i have blepharitis. However i still have it everyday and read its not curable. Well i also noticed that my face itches a lot especially my eyebrows so i keep on scratching it a bit.

Besides the discharge i have on my eyes, i also notice that i have like this redish rash on my forehead but its close to my eyebrows. Its like acne but isn't like your normal acne. My eye doctor told me blepharitis is an eye infection and it could be caused by acne as she saw i had acne around the area of my eye.

My question is blepharitis related to acne? I see this type is called dermatitis forehead. Does anyone who had blepharitis have dermatitis in their forehead?

Does anyone know what works for blepharitis? Every morning i wake up there is so much discharge in my eyes. And during the day i will get the burning pain.

Does anyone know what works for blepharitis? Every morning i wake up there is so much discharge in my eyes. And during the day i will get the burning pain.

The eye doctor gave me Zylet Ioteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension. I was told use it for 7 days but the bottle is so small that i ran out after 2 days. It did seem to help though and i read its a steroid. Should i go and get some more of this?

I was also told to do warm compress. Does that work? I tried it for few days and then stopped b/c i got lazy but read many ppl say it doesn't work and some even mention it makes things worst. And should it be warm compress or cold?

And anyone here done those lid scrubs? I am currently using the ocusoft lid scrub plus and when i bought it, it seemed to work and thought i got cured but then it came back again. I also bought ocusoft foam and that seemed to help a lot but then few days later, i would get the same pain again. I'm actually in my 4-5th box of the ocusoft lid scrub plus which cost around $20 a box. Each box last me 2 weeks and now... it seems to help a bit. But i still get the pain.

Does anyone know what i could do? I basically am using the ocusoft 2x a day now and i dont seem to get that much pain when i first started getting blepharitis.

I also saw an article about a guy who had blepharitis for 8 years but cured it using honey.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...jar-honey.html

He mentioned how he kept using so much eye drops and nothing worked but using honey worked for him.

Has anyone tried this? Anyone know what honey he used... was it pure honey, raw honey or manuka honey?

I'm from the usa and i see this guy is from the UK.

Comment

The eye doctor gave me Zylet Ioteprednol etabonate 0.5% and tobramycin 0.3% ophthalmic suspension. I was told use it for 7 days but the bottle is so small that i ran out after 2 days. It did seem to help though and i read its a steroid. Should i go and get some more of this?

I was also told to do warm compress. Does that work? I tried it for few days and then stopped b/c i got lazy but read many ppl say it doesn't work and some even mention it makes things worst. And should it be warm compress or cold?

And anyone here done those lid scrubs? I am using the ocusoft lid scrub plus and i'm already on my 4th or 5th box already. When i first bought it, it helped a lot but then the pain came back. I use it 2x a day and it seems to ease the pain but i still have blepharitis pain.

Also does anyone know if honey works for it? Read article about a UK guy who had chronic blepharitis for 8 years and cured it with honey. He said all those all those eye drops he had didnt do anything but honey cured it.

Anyone know if its pure honey or raw honey or manuka honey? Im from the usa and would like to use the honey he uses but no clue which type he uses. Anyone have success with honey?

Comment

Flakes are a sign of a malassezia skin condition. Intense itching also is. I had symptoms similar to yours, involving the eyelids and eyebrow. I had to stop wearing contacts because my eyes were so dry. Now I can wear contacts again.

I also had red bumps that I always assumed to be acne, until I started using effective treatments. It was driving me crazy and I researched it, and wrote a review of the treatments I used, here: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...for-Malassezia

The red bumps are part of the healing process, and also part of the condition when untreated.

Doctors have a hard time diagnosing this because oil must be added to the culture gel, or the yeasts won’t grow at all. Nothing else is cultured with oil.

The treatments I review are so inexpensive, that a trial and error process can diagnose the condition fairly accurately. However, if you don’t want to plow through the paper I wrote, here’s the short answer: None of the shampoos are going to deliver enough medicine to the margins of your eyes without irritating your eyes and making them bloodshot. Around my eyes the only thing that works is 2% Nizoral cream that is prescription only in most countries but not in India or Thailand so you can mail order it off the web. The FDA has a non-enforcement policy they issued in August, 2012 so it's legal to mail order it from overseas for your own use only.

Other factors can cause blepharitis and you may have more than one causative factor. Keep an open mind. I'm not qualified to make a medical diagnosis, but you may find some useful information from my own experiences.

That being said, the honey that some people recommend is kanuka honey or manuka honey from Australia or New Zealand. I'm sure it's tasty but I can't imagine why it would heal skin or how you would apply it to your eyelids without it running into your eyes.

Comment

Here's a treatment article discussing itraconazole for blepharitis: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article.../43_3_189/_pdf

I haven't tried itraconazole but it seems like a good idea because it is difficult to apply topical treatments near the eyes.

Look at Figure 1 in the article. I had these spots and never really knew what they were. Do you have these?

Comment

Hi there, you might find this link useful.
            http://dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/treatment.html

And have a look at this sticky.
            http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...acea-Resources

Best,
            Melissa

Comment

Hello all.

I think i have blepharitis. My eyes have been burning badly sometimes during the days and i have this redness and flakeness in my eyelids.

Will blepharitis cause eyelash loss or it MAY cause? If treated, will the eyelashes grow back? Thank you.

Comment

Did any of you notice any loss?

Comment

Blepharitis can cause eyelash loss yes. Once you treat the inflammation they will grow back. What are you doing to treat it? Are you working with a doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
                    Blepharitis can cause eyelash loss yes. Once you treat the inflammation they will grow back. What are you doing to treat it? Are you working with a doctor?
                    Hi Faith. Thank you for your reply.

No, at least not yet. It's very recent and it's a bit new to me. I have dermatitis in my face and scalp, even though it's not too severe.
                    I've been using Out of Africa vanilla shea butter at night a few hours before going to bed and i sleep with it on my face. Is there any chance that it's that what's causing this in my eyes by getting into them?
                    Last edited by Mikcheck; 16 October 2016, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Hello all,

I have had blepharitis for about 4 weeks now. I also have had acne rosacea for a year and a half. I have managed my rosacea really well through my diet but randomly it started to flare up again and also caused blepharitis.

First, a pharmacist gave me eye drops because he thought it was allergies, these did nothing. I have yet to find a solution that works for me, but I have been using honey to temporarily help and its been working so I thought I would share.

I use manuka honey. I have always used honey for face masks but now I also put a light layer on my eye lids and under my eyes. It burns for the first few minutes but after that it is an instant relief. I usually keep it on for about 15-20 minutes before washing it off. However this is only temporary relief as they start to itch again a few hours after.

I'm not really a big fan of taking prescriptions if I don't have to because I've had bad experiences with my rosacea prescriptions. So if there is any other method that anyone uses, let me know!

Comment

Use Cliradex wipes for your eyelids.

Comment

MariaSt is it that effective against blepharitis?

Comment

Cliradex wipes contain terpinen-4ol, which is very effective against both blefaritis and rosacea. Terpinen-4ol is also contained in tea tree oil. A lot of people use Cliradex on their whole face, not only the eyelids.

Comment

Thank you for your reply MariaSt.

I'll definitely have to try it, i'm pretty sure i have demodex blepharitis.

Besides Cliradex, what about this one too ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plus-antiba...words=cliradex

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X