Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on mgd and allergies

Hello everyone
    Every since i found out i had MDG, i have searched EVERY forum on the web on how to controll this diease and im stuck with opposing opinions on how to control it. I need someone to tell me from there experience on what i need to do..

Im a 19 year guy and i weight 100 pounds.. yes it gets worse my last appointment about 3 months ago with the opthomologist becuase i was getting inflammed eyelid margin. i was told i have MILD MGD and bit of allergy on my right eyelid and left eyelid just mild MGD.. he gave me a sterioid drop tobramycin and dexamethasone only for the right side and he told me i HAVE to do warm compress for for 2-3 mins two times a day.. the steroid drop kind pretty much stopped the inflamed eyelid margin but it DOES NOT GO DOWN NO MATTER WHAT I TRY!! I do warm compress for 5-10 mins at 6pm and at 12AM EVERYDAY!! i massage it while im during the compress. people say they squeeze out the oil and no oil comes out.

Now the real problem is that my left eyelid started to inflamed eyelid margin also.. should i use the same steriod drops so lid margin STOPS getting bigger? This flu season i have not been at my most healthiest stage this month. Does weak immune system makes eyelid inflammation worse?? Should i start lifting weight? also should i try doing cold compress instead of hot this see if the inflammation of upper lid margin goes down?

I HAVE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND I DON T KNOW WHAT TO DO!! PLZ ADVISE

Hello. First of all you will have to let us know what "MGD" is. A google search was not clear at all.

Does this thread help you? MDG - Bacteria?

Ooo I think I got it... "Meibomian gland dysfunction" and it's relationship to ocular rosacea. I can't help with this one, but I am sure someone with experience will be along soon.

Comment

RE:Meibomian gland dysfunction & allergies ARE YOU STILL HERE?

Originally posted by plzhelp View Post
      Hello everyone
      Every since i found out i had MDG, i have searched EVERY forum on the web on how to controll this diease and im stuck with opposing opinions on how to control it. I need someone to tell me from there experience on what i need to do..

Im a 19 year guy and i weight 100 pounds.. yes it gets worse my last appointment about 3 months ago with the opthomologist becuase i was getting inflammed eyelid margin. i was told i have MILD MGD and bit of allergy on my right eyelid and left eyelid just mild MGD.. he gave me a sterioid drop tobramycin and dexamethasone only for the right side and he told me i HAVE to do warm compress for for 2-3 mins two times a day.. the steroid drop kind pretty much stopped the inflamed eyelid margin but it DOES NOT GO DOWN NO MATTER WHAT I TRY!! I do warm compress for 5-10 mins at 6pm and at 12AM EVERYDAY!! i massage it while im during the compress. people say they squeeze out the oil and no oil comes out.

Now the real problem is that my left eyelid started to inflamed eyelid margin also.. should i use the same steriod drops so lid margin STOPS getting bigger? This flu season i have not been at my most healthiest stage this month. Does weak immune system makes eyelid inflammation worse?? Should i start lifting weight? also should i try doing cold compress instead of hot this see if the inflammation of upper lid margin goes down?

I HAVE SO MANY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND I DON T KNOW WHAT TO DO!! PLZ ADVISE
      I hope you still visit the forum. I have had meibomian gland dysfunction for 20+ years. Write back & let me know if you still need answers. I'll be glad to share info with you as well as troubleshooting your MGD issues & arsenal of info/questions to take to your opthamology appointment.

Comment

Working...
      X