Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is ocular rosacea? Related to Meibomian Dysfunction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is ocular rosacea? Related to Meibomian Dysfunction?

I am being treated for rosacea and have been for probably close to 10 years (different docs, different meds during that time), but it's been the same for the past 2 1/2 years. The reason, however, that I was searching for information has to do with ocular rosacea. I have an eye disease, ocular histoplasmosis, and along with it azoors, that I've been battling for nearly 6 years. This past weekend I saw my optometrist, who was on-call and wanted me to come in, knowing my eye disease history. While we were discussing and he was looking at my right eye for the ocular histo, I asked if he could take a peek at my left eye as the eye lid had been sore and itchy. He said I had capped tear glands and told me what to do. Today I woke up with very red eyes that were very itchy. I was miserable. I used the drops he'd given me and held warm wash cloths over my eyes. They got worse throughout the day. I felt as if I was standing in the center of a pile of burning leaves. My eyes burned. I called the optometrist's office and talked to the nurse. She said my doctor had written that I had I had meibomian dysfunction, and that dry eyes is a separate issue, but meibomian dysfunction can cause that. Searching on the internet, I kept finding references to ocular rosacea. I'm not familar with it. Any words of wisdom and good information here to help out? I know what the doctor's office has said to do, and I'm doing that, but wondering if there's a connection between these two things and how they are related. Thanks.

eye

Originally posted by BabyDance98 View Post
    I am being treated for rosacea and have been for probably close to 10 years (different docs, different meds during that time), but it's been the same for the past 2 1/2 years. The reason, however, that I was searching for information has to do with ocular rosacea. I have an eye disease, ocular histoplasmosis, and along with it azoors, that I've been battling for nearly 6 years. This past weekend I saw my optometrist, who was on-call and wanted me to come in, knowing my eye disease history. While we were discussing and he was looking at my right eye for the ocular histo, I asked if he could take a peek at my left eye as the eye lid had been sore and itchy. He said I had capped tear glands and told me what to do. Today I woke up with very red eyes that were very itchy. I was miserable. I used the drops he'd given me and held warm wash cloths over my eyes. They got worse throughout the day. I felt as if I was standing in the center of a pile of burning leaves. My eyes burned. I called the optometrist's office and talked to the nurse. She said my doctor had written that I had I had meibomian dysfunction, and that dry eyes is a separate issue, but meibomian dysfunction can cause that. Searching on the internet, I kept finding references to ocular rosacea. I'm not familar with it. Any words of wisdom and good information here to help out? I know what the doctor's office has said to do, and I'm doing that, but wondering if there's a connection between these two things and how they are related. Thanks.
    Yes there is a direct connection with rosacea; its the same cause that causes rosacea. In simple terms basically the glands that secrete to the eyes and the skin have stopped working as they should normally. This failure to secrete is due to loss or partial loss of the signal which activates the glands to secrete.

This failure may well be hereditary and this signal will be weaker in some people than others and this factor contributes the the varying degrees in the appearance and severity.

There is a myriad of reasons why this signal can fail but it also is dependant upon the degree of digestion of the food eaten. For example constantly eating and drinking causes a disturbed digestion.

Anyhow!

It really comes down to actually qualifying certain critical points to enable you to minimise the detrimental effects caused through not qualifying on those critical points.
    The mouth and stomach must have the most care because the strongest signals are created during eating and its vital to aim for a good well digested chyme because all seretions are produced from this material and cannot be achieved by having a disturbed digestion.

Personally I am against the long term treatment of rosacea conditions with antibiotics because they screw up your stomach and work against you.

I must say also that I think it is a certain kind of person that eventually becomes a sufferer therefore we are always at risk so it is life changing blueprint in order to keep it at bay.
    Last edited by drummond; 28 November 2012, 03:20 PM. Reason: addin
    cure

Comment

I do not want to lie , to you, your doctor will be the best person to tell you what is best for you!! so it will be a good idea , you pay him a visit. peace out.

Comment

Working...
      X