Stinging Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinging Eyes

At least once or twice a day I get stinging and blurrred vision in my eyes, well mostly my right, and then my eyes water like crazy, I have to keep my glasses off for a while until things settle down, does any one think I have ocular rosacea? I have had rosacea in my face for a few years now, I would appreciate any advice.............V xx
    Last edited by villier; 4 November 2012, 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

I am in the same boat. I have had rosacea for 7 months and have just started getting some stinging in my eyes, more in one than the other. My eyes are a little bit bloodshot and things don't feel normal. Rosacea sucks!

Comment

It's quite common for eyes to sting first thing in the morning and last thing at night. It's mostly because your eyes can become quite dry throughout the day and night through REM (Rapid Eye Movement) It's mostly known as Dry Eye - which you can get eye drops for over the counter, by your GP or by your Optician. What you could try is to soak your eyes in some Luke warm water before you go to bed and when you wake up. This will wash out any dirt/dust you have in them (which is generally cleared out as you sleep, hence "sleepy dust" in the corner of your eye when you wake. Everyone has veins in their eyes, some are more obvious than others. But they will always become more obvious if there is even the slightest bit of irritation. If none of this helps after 4-5 days then I'd go to see your GP just in case you do have an Allergy or Conjunctivitis. If you have any pets - Then that is also a Very common cause for unexplained stingy eyes due to the Dander and dust they have on their fur.

Comment

Working...
      X