Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocular Rosacea: Please Don't Forget Evening Primrose Oil

Hey all,

If you're having trouble with ocular rosacea, please do some reading on evening primrose oil. I found it was especially helpful in reducing my ocular dryness, gritty feelings, and redness. The key in this is its gamma linolenic acid. You do have to take it for awhile, and I'd say it would be helpful to start using it at a higher dose, initially, than indicated, after which you can taper off.

This and eyelid scrubs (daily) were what really helped me when my eyes were bad. I was even getting Azithromycin (NOT CHEAP, mind you) imported from Canada to try to get the ocular inflammation under control, but this wasn't helping. EPO did.

So, for what it's worth. And I don't use goggles with my RLT unit, so I do manage my ocular symptoms that way now. But I still take EPO--no need for eyelid scrubs anymore, though.

Best,

David
    35 year-old male
    Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
    20 + laser treatments.
    Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
    BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
    Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Originally posted by IowaDavid View Post
    Hey all,

If you're having trouble with ocular rosacea, please do some reading on evening primrose oil. I found it was especially helpful in reducing my ocular dryness, gritty feelings, and redness. The key in this is its gamma linolenic acid. You do have to take it for awhile, and I'd say it would be helpful to start using it at a higher dose, initially, than indicated, after which you can taper off.

This and eyelid scrubs (daily) were what really helped me when my eyes were bad. I was even getting Azithromycin (NOT CHEAP, mind you) imported from Canada to try to get the ocular inflammation under control, but this wasn't helping. EPO did.

So, for what it's worth. And I don't use goggles with my RLT unit, so I do manage my ocular symptoms that way now. But I still take EPO--no need for eyelid scrubs anymore, though.

Best,

David
    Hello David,

Interesting, I have always taken EPO for hormonal reasons.............I still use lid scrubs, but like you have no symptoms now!

All the very best to you too!

Judy
    SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
    PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

How long we're you taking th EPO before you noticed an improvement?? Was the redness in the eye way better? Thanks!

Comment

It's supposed to take a few months for the GLA to build up in your system. I will say that I stopped using lid scrubs and was also using low-level red light therapy at the same time, which greatly improved my skin condition. I think if you improve the symptoms of your facial skin, it will positively affect your ocular symptoms because you're removing all that inflamed tissue surrounding your eyes. I'm not positive about this, though. The eyes operate on a separate "system" than your skin and soft tissue in your face, it seems.

Best,

David
        35 year-old male
        Erythmatotelangiectatic rosacea & Ocular
        20 + laser treatments.
        Toleraine Soothing Light Facial Fluid for moisturizer. I don't use a special cleanser. Clonidine daily; klonopin sometimes.
        BEST and CURRENT TREATMENT I use: Low-Level Red Light Therapy LED array.
        Please feel free to PM me with your low-level red light therapy (LLRLT) questions. I'm happy to help if I can.

Comment

Working...
        X